Paris Attacks

The Unknown Poster

40+ people dead. 100 hostages. In Paris. Looks like organized terrorist attack.

Crazy.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-34814203

And we want to bring more refugees into Canada? Yikes.

I'm not against helping refugees but we must make sure there are no wolves in Sheeps clothing.

Didn't the Trudeau government just say yesterday that we have nothing to fear from ISIS? Out of touch. Im sure Justin will want today's victims to examine what they did to make terrorists want to hurt them.

Canada's new defence minister, Harjit Sajjan, says the country must contribute to the defeat of ISIS, but he rejected the idea that Canadians should be afraid of the jihadist organization.

"ISIS is a threat, no doubt about that. Should we fear it? No. The Canadian population should have full confidence in all the security services to keep us safe."

Can I ask you not to politicize this?

You can ask. But if recommend staying off social media for awhile

When is a good time to make important statements about the way our government sees this issue?

Not just Canada either. I believe it was just yesterday that Obama said ISIS had been contained.

When the PM won't say the word "terrorism" it's already been politicized.

Thoughts are with Paris.

Can I ask you not to politicize this?

You can ask. But if recommend staying off social media for awhile

When is a good time to make important statements about the way our government sees this issue?

Not just Canada either. I believe it was just yesterday that Obama said ISIS had been contained.

When the PM won't say the word "terrorism" it's already been politicized.

Thoughts are with Paris.

Please let us know when you start making important statements.

@JustinTrudeau: I am shocked and saddened that so many people have been killed and injured in violent attacks in #Paris. Canada stands with France.

Can't bring himself to say terrorism.

"These terrorist attacks are deeply worrying and, obviously, unsettling to people around the world," Trudeau said before leaving for the G20 summit in Antalya, Turkey.

Boots on the ground. Wipe out ISIS. NATO & Russia send over a million troops. That's the only answer. I don't think the war would last very long.

It's certainly the sense of many people. And Justin's first test as a world leader. If France asks for military aid from Camada and we decline it puts us in a poor position.

War is awful. But something has to be done about this. if this is is ISIS or radical Islam when it's contained and not a threat Id hate to see it when it's actually a threat.

Watching cbc this morning. CBC desperately wants to avoid pinning this on ISIS. Host says "ISIS has claimed responsibility. France says ISIS is responsible. But who is responsible?" And a secondary host talks about "unofficial" Isis sympathysers. Oy

Government seem to be backtracking a bit. They had Dion (who's very difficult to understand) and he used pretty strong language in saying Canada will support France against this act of war. Caught the host off guard who asked if canada would reconsider their decision to pull out of military action. Dion hedged saying it was a decision to help the coalition in better ways.

Boots on the ground. Wipe out ISIS. NATO & Russia send over a million troops. That's the only answer. I don't think the war would last very long.

It's certainly the sense of many people. And Justin's first test as a world leader. If France asks for military aid from Camada and we decline it puts us in a poor position.

War is awful. But something has to be done about this. if this is is ISIS or radical Islam when it's contained and not a threat Id hate to see it when it's actually a threat.

i don't think France per se would ask for assistance as the country has not been invaded by a military force but NATO could ask Canada to do more. If Trudeau turns that down we will look like international fools. 

American Mike Huckabee wants to close the American borders because they can't properly vet refugees and can't tell who is truly a refugee and who could be a possible terrorist. 

some of the people that blew up the world trade centre were living in the USA, taking flying lessons, under surveillance, one guy was stopped in Canada by the RCMP, the RCMP were told by the Americans he was not a problem, that they were not intereste in him.

So, Mike might be on to something. 

The system they have is more designed to make someone a pile of money, than anything else.