Paris Attacks

The Unknown Poster

It's always easy to call someone xenophobic & racist. Asking for better security isn't asking too much. 

I agree, and on the social media I've been following, that seems to be the trend.  Anyone questioning what Trudeau is wanting to do with the Syrian refugees is immediately attacked and called a "right-wing nutjob" and a xenophobe and a "redneck".  I thought this post-Harper era was supposed to be one of open dialogue and inclusion of all ideas and opinions, but instead I've seen the exact opposite.

here's something to be ashamed about on social media - ISIS supporters celebrating the Paris attacks...

ISIS adherents began celebrating the horrific terror attacks across Paris late Friday creating hashtags declaring “Paris in flames” well before the devastating scope of the worst attacks to hit France since World War II was clear to the world.

Vocativ deep web analysts discovered ISIS extremists praising the sophisticated and well-coordinated attacks within minutes of the initial explosions and gunfire that police say killed about 140 people. At least six attacks occurred across Paris with as many as 100 people believed to have been killed inside a concert hall after being taken hostage, authorities said.

“O crusaders we are coming to you with bombs and rifles,” a top propagandist from an unofficial ISIS media wing tweeted in Arabic, Vocativ discovered. The jihadist ended the tweet ominously: “Wait for us.”

“The infidels were happy in the liberating of Sinjar at the morning, and at night they slap themselves for Paris,” declared another tweet discovered by Vocativ deep web analysts.

There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the brutal violence which began about 4 p.m. ET. But ISIS adherents quickly encouraged the terror organization to take official responsibility. “Allah Akbar, the horror arrived to the forts of the Cross #Paris. ISIS should claim responsibility for the operation to show the world that Muslims have heavy feet,” one tweet said.

French President Francois Hollande declared a state of emergency, imposed a curfew, and closed the country’s borders as fear spread across a city still healing from the Charlie Hebdo attacks in January. Authorities said the attackers inside the concert hall had tossed explosives at the hostages. At least two attackers were killed in the hall when security officials stormed the building.

“Terrorist attacks of an unprecedented magnitude are in play in Paris. It’s horror,” Hollande said.

O crusaders we are coming to you With bombs and rifles Wait for us#باريس_تشتعل

— ترجمان الأساورتي (@TurMedia316) November 13, 2015

بعد جرائم فرنسا فى مالى وقصف سوريا والعراق الان الان جاء القتال فى عقر ديارك تكون المعارك 18 قتيل و 60 محتجز #باريس #الدولة_الإسلامية

— 8 ADAM (@800A_D_A_M) November 13, 2015

Translation: After the French crimes in Mali, and the bombing of Syria and Iraq, now comes the killing. In your homes there will be war. 18 dead and 60 hostages. #Paris #ISIS

كان يعيش الغرب في هدوء ويشعل بﻻد المسلمين بالحروب ولكن بعد ظهور دولة الخﻻفة تغيرت المقاييس#فرنسا_تشتعل #باريس

— أبوعمار الشريف (@ev8_ho) November 13, 2015

Post the link.

Nope! Is it too much for you? You don't believe it? It's crazy but true. Don't even need polls. Use common sense

Syrians being radical? Can't be. Lol

"Don't even need polls. Use common sense." That is what you have just said to support your belief that a majority of a people are antithetical to you and your conception of Canada. That, unknown, is called xenophobia.

Nope. Because you neither want to apply common sense or use the procided facts. So you lose. Thanks! Back to my wine.

Lol at claiming victory in an internet fight.

You should finish him off with an "I'm rubber you're glue" death blow.

Post the link.

Nope! Is it too much for you? You don't believe it? It's crazy but true. Don't even need polls. Use common sense

"Don't even need polls. Use common sense." That is what you have just said to support your belief that a majority of a people are antithetical to you and your conception of Canada. That, unknown, is called xenophobia.

Nope. Because you neither want to apply common sense or use the procided facts. So you lose. Thanks! Back to my wine.</blockquote>

Lol at claiming victory in an internet fight.

You should finish him off with an "I'm rubber you're glue" death blow.</blockquote>

I thought about it. But didn't want to kick him while he was down.

a) If anything happens in Canada, it will not be something that could have been prevented by tighter security checks on refugees. Have tighter screening process by all means, but if ISIS wants to wreak havoc, they will wreak havoc

B) This is the end result of mistreating the middle east.  This kind of radicalism can and has come from other religions.  I need not point you any further than than Christianity after Constantine combined church and state.

c) But hey - we could always send some more armoured vehicles to the Saudis - or provide the Taliban with more weapons to wreak havoc in Afghanistan.  

It's always easy to call someone xenophobic & racist. Asking for better security isn't asking too much. 

I agree, and on the social media I've been following, that seems to be the trend.  Anyone questioning what Trudeau is wanting to do with the Syrian refugees is immediately attacked and called a "right-wing nutjob" and a xenophobe and a "redneck".  I thought this post-Harper era was supposed to be one of open dialogue and inclusion of all ideas and opinions, but instead I've seen the exact opposite.

Only Liberal zealots trust Trudeau, it seems. Canadians may have voted the guy in but I don't think they trust him with his first major security decision to do the right thing. He needed time to grow into the job, don't you know? How is making sure we try to prevent terrorists & thugs from entering this country xenophobic or racist???. 

Just bexajse it's wjat ISIS wants doesn't mean it's not what should happen. Should France not respond?

Al Queda was splintered due to overwhelming military force. Groups like ISIS can be defeated but it has to be strong and determined overwhelming military action.

And I do realise that it doesn't strike at the root. But the issue of radical Islam likely can't be challenged by anyone but other Muslims. But it seems too many Muslims turn a

Blind eye to it. The UK poll I found shows 99% of UK Muslims were against suicide bombing but 40% wanted Sharia law. It's a huge discourse between cultures.

And I dismiss the idea that increased security vetting of refugees won't help. That's silly. So should we do no vetting then? Just let everyone into canada that wants to come here

Immigration is a big issue in the US and what many people don't want to face is that it actually is a potentially huge negative thing. If you try to discuss it you're called a racist.

If you try and point out the nastiness of some aspects of Islam you're called a bigot. If they promise not to kill us should we allow sharia law?

Post the link.

Nope. Because you neither want to apply common sense or use the procided facts. So you lose. Thanks! Back to my wine.

Post the link.

http://www.therebel.media/poll_syrian_refugees_hate_jews_gays

It's an Ezra Levant site but he included the poll TUP was referring to.  Took me 10 seconds to find.  Google is your friend.

I just read the poll. It contains absolutely 0 information about Syrian refugees views about homosexuality or Judaism. None. That’s why I couldn’t find it. In fact, there is no empirical evidence provided that supports that article’s claim that “41% are jew-hating, America hating bigots,” or that 97% are-gay hating, probably woman-hating bigots.”

The language itself demonstrates the sentiment underlying this article though, “jew-hating,” “gay-hating,” “probably woman-hating bigots.” No empirical, legitimately done polling, would use language such as this.

But who needs empirical evidence anyways, as Unknown said, we “Don’t even need polls,” “common-sense” is enough.

And when he did provide this “evidence,” he exaggerated the percentage of individuals, in this non-existence poll, who hate Jewish people by 20%. Not to mention he modified the percentages by adding + to each one. Why if he is trying to engage in a debate rooted in objectivity and common sense, is he exaggerating the, again, nonexistent percentages or trying to distort how high they are? That is what one what does when they are trying to prove a point. In this case, that point is that Syrian refugees are incompatible with his conception of our country.

And to ISO and KBF, I am not against security measures, those are clearly necessary. But that is beyond the scope of what I’ve pushed back against. I’ve countered Unknown’s argument that Syrian refugees are nearly categorically incompatible with Canada.

So I stand by what I’ve said previously. And quite frankly to post and allow unsubstantiated information to be proliferated like this is unfair to Muslims and refugees.

And no you haven't countered by argument at all. This is Syria where 200 honor killing a year took place before the civil war.

Do you think we're making sure the only refugees that come here don't believe in sharia law? Don't hate Jews and gays? Don't believe their women are property? I mean yeah I guess it's just a wonderful culture we should embrace.

I'm all for helping people. But when the enemy says they will hide among refugees and this has been proven already you don't put politics of bringing in refugees ahead of the safety of Canadians.

If our leaders were serious about dealing with these terrorists, then it's past

Time to look at Saudi Arabia. 

American embassy cables, quoted in the Guardian:

Saudi Arabia remains a critical financial support base for al-Qa'ida, the Taliban, LeT, and other terrorist groups, including Hamas, which probably raise millions of dollars annually from Saudi sources, often during Hajj and Ramadan. In contrast to its increasingly aggressive efforts to disrupt al-Qa'ida's access to funding from Saudi sources, Riyadh has taken only limited action to disrupt fundraising for the UN 1267-listed Taliban and LeT-groups that are also aligned with al-Qa'ida and focused on undermining stability in Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Post the link.

Post the link.

http://www.therebel.media/poll_syrian_refugees_hate_jews_gays

It's an Ezra Levant site but he included the poll TUP was referring to.  Took me 10 seconds to find.  Google is your friend.

I just read the poll. It contains absolutely 0 information about Syrian refugees views about homosexuality or Judaism. None. That’s why I couldn’t find it. In fact, there is no empirical evidence provided that supports that article’s claim that “41% are jew-hating, America hating bigots,” or that 97% are-gay hating, probably woman-hating bigots.”

The language itself demonstrates the sentiment underlying this article though, “jew-hating,” “gay-hating,” “probably woman-hating bigots.” No empirical, legitimately done polling, would use language such as this.

But who needs empirical evidence anyways, as Unknown said, we “Don’t even need polls,” “common-sense” is enough.

And when he did provide this “evidence,” he exaggerated the percentage of individuals, in this non-existence poll, who hate Jewish people by 20%. Not to mention he modified the percentages by adding + to each one. Why if he is trying to engage in a debate rooted in objectivity and common sense, is he exaggerating the, again, nonexistent percentages or trying to distort how high they are? That is what one what does when they are trying to prove a point. In this case, that point is that Syrian refugees are incompatible with his conception of our country.

And to ISO and KBF, I am not against security measures, those are clearly necessary. But that is beyond the scope of what I’ve pushed back against. I’ve countered Unknown’s argument that Syrian refugees are nearly categorically incompatible with Canada.

So I stand by what I’ve said previously. And quite frankly to post and allow unsubstantiated information to be proliferated like this is unfair to Muslims and refugees.

Then keep looking.  Again Google is your friend.  If 10 seconds is all I needed to verify TUP's assertions about the Syrian refugees views on ISIS, I wager you could find polls that verify or debunk his other claims in a matter of minutes.  Then you can post them and educate us.  

You know what, nevermind.  If I can fact check TUP's claims about the Syrian refugees, I can check the rest for myself.  Cheers.

Btw there is a section in that poll I posted where they ask the people from the Middle East (Syrian refugees included) what they think is the biggest threat to stability in the region.  The U.S and Israel were first and second.  Militant groups (ISIS) were third.  Take that for what it's worth regarding TUP's claims about Judaism (Israel).  

Which country has the guts to call out saudi arabia.

"But two of the most successful factions fighting Assad’s forces are Islamist extremist groups: Jabhat al-Nusra and the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS), the latter of which is now amassing territory in Iraq and threatening to further destabilize the entire region. And that success is in part due to the support they have received from two Persian Gulf countries: Qatar and Saudi Arabia.

Qatar’s military and economic largesse has made its way to Jabhat al-Nusra, to the point that a senior Qatari official told me he can identify al-Nusra commanders by the blocks they control in various Syrian cities.

But ISIS is another matter. As one senior Qatari official stated, “ISIS has been a Saudi project.”

Found a couple articles regarding homosexuality in the Middle East...

This one is about a gay Syrian refugee's story told to the U.N...

http://www.middleeasteye.net/news/gay-syrian-refugee-details-atrocities-landmark-un-meeting-1054031088

This one is a couple years old and doesn't have Syria specifically but does include all the countries around Syria, so I think it gives a good indication of Syrians' views on homosexuality. And I doubt their views have softened since the poll was done in 2013.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2013/06/04/the-global-divide-on-homosexuality/

And us. And Europe.

A Saudi owns a majority of Citibank.

Saudi Arabia is the biggest buyer of American military equipment, multi billions of dollars.

They spread the loot around. They have friends in high places.

Remember Bush junior holding hands with the King of Saudi Arabia? They bailed his ass out, when he screwed up in the oil patch.

Homosexuality is strictly forbidden in Islam. Now ofcourse there are Muslims who rail against that. But if you look around at polls and articles you will see a strong anti-gay sentiment among Muslims. It's a different culture so it will take longer to change but it should be a consideration when opening our country to people tjat don't share "our" views of human rights.