Depth Chart up

bigg jay

Lirim's not even going to TO.   Contract negotiating tactic or giving Castillo a fair shot to earn the job?

I picture Walters having Lirim over for a poker game Fri. night, Bomber game on in the background, Kyle dressed in a sombrero and a serape shooting cards across the table.  Lirim getting progressively more nervous and sweating bullets with each card he's dealt.  Kyle looks up and drawls; "I see you have no chips left....I think maybe you shouldn't have played this game with me, my friend."

Hopefully we've seen the last of Hajrullahu as a place kicker with this team.

I disagree... hopefully we've seen the last of this sophomore slump... and see him back to form next year... definitely need to be at TC...

Yup. Kid showed he has "it" in his rookie campaign. I refuse to believe he lost it over an offseason. He deserves a chance to redeem himself next season and I hope he wants to.

I disagree... hopefully we've seen the last of this sophomore slump... and see him back to form next year... definitely need to be at TC...

I would bring him back to camp, especially considering he'll be much cheaper than what we would have been offering him a year ago.

I would bring him back to camp, especially considering he'll be much cheaper than what we would have been offering him a year ago.

You don't give up on a young Canadian kicker that easily... bring him to camp (with competition) and make him earn the job... if he struggles early then it may be time to cut him loose...

You don't give up on a young Canadian kicker that easily... bring him to camp (with competition) and make him earn the job... if he struggles early then it may be time to cut him loose...

Yup. A canadian kicker who is capable of both duties.. (Yet to be determined if he CAN do both at the same time without faultering) is worth the risk. Even if it turns out he can only do one job exclusively, so be it. Having him and castillo protects against an injury to either or as both I believe can do both jobs..

Ideal world, slump is busted and Lirim steals his jobs back (sorry sergio) and never looks back.. Sophmore slump dead and gone. *knocks on wood*

Hajrullahu defintely showed last year that he has the talent, but something went horribly wrong for the young man this year, be it a personal conduct issues or ongoing brain cramps, but he merits an invite to camp but will have to earn anything more than a short leash.

I think he lost his confidence early. blocked punt, missed PAT..ect I remember seeing him outright slip on a punt and field wasnt wet.  I think hes done much better since being reduced to 1 role, even though he was originally our kicker, im not sad that hes the punter now, he's done pretty good punting, and castillos been a good replacement

Yeah **** that guy for having a poor 2nd season! No one ever has a poor season and rebounds. Guarantee that if we move on from Lirim and he goes on to another team and rebounds you'll be first in line to ***** and moan about them letting him get away. 

Sets a franchise record as a rookie, fans want him punted because of sophomore slump.........I ******* hate this place sometimes.

In fairness I don't think it's "this place", I think it's just the complete idiocy of 90 per cent of this fan base. Same crap on TEP, coach's show, and on OB back in the day. They just don't understand the game.

Just posted this in the game day thread, but the last time we played Toronto, Lirim was 4-4 in FGs including a 53 yard attempt. He was good enough then...

That's just not possible....he sucks and everybody around here knows it. ******* terrible. Cut him yesterday!

;)

Dave Ridgway had field goal percentages of 62.9, 66.7, and 60.5 from 1983-1985. Pretty sure he turned out okay...

Liu Passaglia had field goal percentages of 57.1, 67.4, 67.5, 64.1, and 63.8 in 1976, 1980, 1981, 1990, and 1999 respectively. Pretty sure he wasn't too bad either over the duration of his career.

I swear people just like to whine and make noise just for the sake of doing so, without considering that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, players in sports will occasionally have a bad year from time to time, and that it is not a reflection on their overall capabilities.

Just posted this in the game day thread, but the last time we played Toronto, Lirim was 4-4 in FGs including a 53 yard attempt. He was good enough then...

That's just not possible....he sucks and everybody around here knows it. ******* terrible. Cut him yesterday!

;)

Dave Ridgway had field goal percentages of 62.9, 66.7, and 60.5 from 1983-1985. Pretty sure he turned out okay...

Liu Passaglia had field goal percentages of 57.1, 67.4, 67.5, 64.1, and 63.8 in 1976, 1980, 1981, 1990, and 1999 respectively. Pretty sure he wasn't too bad either over the duration of his career.

I swear people just like to whine and make noise just for the sake of doing so, without considering that MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, players in sports will occasionally have a bad year from time to time, and that it is not a reflection on their overall capabilities.

BUT IT'S BEEN 25 YEARS SINCE OUR LAST GREY CUP SO WE HAVE EVERY REASON TO BE ANGRY11!!! RABBLE RABBLE!!11!

Bombers Transactions....

To Active Roster:

DE Justin COLE
WR/KR Spencer DAVIS
DT Ethan FARMER
DT Jamarkus MCFARLAND
DB Julian POSEY
WR Evan PSZCZONAK
DE Chase VAUGHN

Extended on IR
DT Nathaniel COLLINS
WR Kevin CONE
DE Derrell JOHNSON
C Dominic PICARD
OL Devin TYLER

Moved To IR
DE Leon MACKEY
DB Graig NEWMAN
DE Greg PEACH
RB Da'Rel SCOTT
CB/KR Troy STOUDERMIRE
DT Bryant TURNER
DB Demond WASHINGTON

Cut from PR

DL Roy PHILON

;)

It's not even worth discussing kickers like that in comparison to kickers today.  The kickers today are much more accurate and expectations are much higher on them.  Plus the ease of playing imports there is a big change.  Passaglia had 2 seasons 80% or higher out of 25 and was divisional all-star 9 times.  Every team but the Argos has a 80% plus kicker this season on their roster as of today.

;)

It's not even worth discussing kickers like that in comparison to kickers today.  The kickers today are much more accurate and expectations are much higher on them.  Plus the ease of playing imports there is a big change.  Passaglia had 2 seasons 80% or higher out of 25 and was divisional all-star 9 times.  Every team but the Argos has a 80% plus kicker this season on their roster as of today.

And that's fine, but the point I'm trying to make is to call for a kicker's head after one poor season, especially when he showed just the year prior he can do the job, and do it quite well is simply stupid. Athletes have bad years occasionally, kickers included. It's just how sports works.