GDT: Saving The Season

Noeller

Anyone else think Riders will lose when it means the most. Will lose WDF. Book it.

Just to see Dwight Anderson blow up, yes!! He's loved in Hamilton as much as he's loved in calgary & that's not saying much. I hope he loses a game for the Riders so the fans turn on that idiot.

I think Goltz played well - until his game fell apart near the end.  He was trying to do too much at the end, because the game was quickly slipping away.

Doug Brown on the post game on CJOB seemed to have a pretty good analysis of what went on with Goltz, basically talking about how he doesn't know what he can and can't get away with in those situations yet. 

I still can't figure out why Burke didn't throw a challenge flag on that play where Durant looked to be over the LOS when he threw the ball. A play that close should have been an automatic challenge imo. SMH

That play was definitely the turning point in the game.

I agree. I hope someone asks about it on the next coach's show.

I would say the spotters saw the replay and told him not to waste the challenge.

The replay they showed on TSN sure looked like Durant hadn't released the ball when it crossed the LOS. Anything that close should have been challenged. And it wouldn't have been a waste since he didn't use any challenges. 

Another winnable game.....another putrid 4th quarter effort....

3 turnovers in a row, during crunch time - turned a close one, into a blow out.....

This team just has no clue on how to, or the ability to make the plays necessary to win....these kinds of games.......

3 yards passing in the 3rd quarter also didn't help.   

it was very disappointing because in the first half Goltz looked quite decent,  he had time to make his throws.... Watson and Kelly were catching balls that Denmark/Matthews have been dropping all year long and Woods looked like a nice double threat.  

It's a shame that all 3 parts of the team just can't play a full game....

I still can't figure out why Burke didn't throw a challenge flag on that play where Durant looked to be over the LOS when he threw the ball. A play that close should have been an automatic challenge imo. SMH

Can you even challenge a penalty call or a penalty non-call?

You can challenge whether it was an illegal forward pass with the QB over the LOS. It's in the rule book as a specific type of play that can be challenged.

I know Douglas didn't play long, but wow was he horrible while he was in there, couldn't even get in front of Chick, Chick didn't even have to use a move on him.  Swiston was ok at tackle, his feet move well enough to play it and he knows the position from his whole life.  He never looks comfortable at guard.

I think Swiston is a better tackle than guard as well. As a Guard he's not any better than Morely IMO.

I know Douglas didn't play long, but wow was he horrible while he was in there, couldn't even get in front of Chick, Chick didn't even have to use a move on him.  Swiston was ok at tackle, his feet move well enough to play it and he knows the position from his whole life.  He never looks comfortable at guard.

If Boatmen and Douglas are the best American tackles they can find...may as well start Swiston and help the ratio.

Before Douglas was hurt....he was average.  Now that may make him look like the great hope, compared to what else is going on, with the OL.....but seriously, we need some competent import OL's, to bridge the gap, while the young Canucks develop - assuming they are developing, under this coaching staff.......

That could be just a bit too much logic...

I know Douglas didn't play long, but wow was he horrible while he was in there, couldn't even get in front of Chick, Chick didn't even have to use a move on him. Swiston was ok at tackle, his feet move well enough to play it and he knows the position from his whole life. He never looks comfortable at guard.

Wasn't Douglas hurt on the 2nd play of the game?

I know Douglas didn't play long, but wow was he horrible while he was in there, couldn't even get in front of Chick, Chick didn't even have to use a move on him. Swiston was ok at tackle, his feet move well enough to play it and he knows the position from his whole life. He never looks comfortable at guard.

Wasn't Douglas hurt on the 2nd play of the game?

something like that yuuuuuuuuuup.. story of our season...