Around the NHL

4 hours ago, Rich said:

Forsberg - 21 years old - 4 years in the league, last year scored 33 goals 31 assists in 82 games.

Scheifele - 23 years old - 5 years in the league, last year scored 29 goals 32 assists in 71 games.

Scheifele is a centre, Forsberg has been playing wing.

Is this where the Scheifele deal starts?

Forsberg full time  last 2 seasons. Scheif full time last 3 years.

Dont think the first 2 years of each should count.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

If I'm the jets I take a long look at Tinordi. Ofcourse he has to have overcome his issues that got him suspended but if he has he might be worth it. Should come cheap. Is young and will get playing tom here. 

Good pedigree, his Dad being Mark the captain of the North Strars/Stars etc. Why not check him out?

4 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Tinordi looks like he will be a career minor league player, he may be big but doesn't use his size, is not offensive and not really considered a prospect anymore.

He seems to have some of the assets Chevy likes and if he's cheap, wouldn't be surprised if we looked at him at least for the Moose.

4 minutes ago, IC Khari said:

He seems to have some of the assets Chevy likes and if he's cheap, wouldn't be surprised if we looked at him at least for the Moose.

I'll trust the experts. But from a distance he seems like a potential reclamation project. Coyotes said a lot of positives things about him previously. He had tons of hype coming in so did he just lose all his talent?  Perhaps needs a change of scenery and new voices guiding him. 

Cheap. Young. Huge. And left. Worth a look. 

Canucks fined $50K for Benning's comments on Subban, Stamkos

The Vancouver Canucks will pay for general manager Jim Benning's candid comments.

The club was fined US$50,000 by the NHL on Tuesday afternoon for tampering, a violation of by-law 15.

Benning mentioned the Canucks' interest in Montreal Canadiens defenceman P.K. Subban and Tampa Bay Lightning captain Steven Stamkos while on TSN Radio 1040 in Vancouver last Thursday ahead of the NHL draft in Buffalo.

Teams are not permitted to speak under such terms about players under contract to other NHL teams.

"Last week I was trying to be candid with our fans and media about out efforts to improve our team but said too much about players on other teams," Benning said in a statement released by the Canucks. "I have spoken personally to the NHL and the general managers involved to apologize and I accept the league's ruling."

Canadiens general manager Marc Bergevin told reporters afterward that Benning "crossed the line" in divulging trade conversations involving Subban. Bergevin was forced to speak out on the subject last Thursday, insisting that he was not shopping Subban but only listening to inquiries from opposing teams.

"I spoke with Jim and accept his representation that he intended no harm with his comments and that he will handle similar questions from the media differently in the future," NHL Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said in a statement.

TSN

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

36 minutes ago, Floyd said:

Sounds like Anaheim is listening to offers for Cam Fowler... that would be huge.

Trouba for Fowler straight up?

I'd just as soon re-up Trouba for 6-8 years.  But Fowler is a great option if thats not looking good. 

Heard some silly rumors of Boston considering offer sheeting Trouba.  Go for it.  Chevy will match.

Lucic being woo-ed by Edmonton. Oilers flew him in today to show their interest. Word is that if they can get him, he's gonna want big money, so they'd have to deal one of their guys (likely Hall) for a RD 1/2, which is basically unavailable, so you're doing something stupid like trade Hall for Dumba, which is insanity. But.......curious, nonetheless...

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Lucic being woo-ed by Edmonton. Oilers flew him in today to show their interest. Word is that if they can get him, he's gonna want big money, so they'd have to deal one of their guys (likely Hall) for a RD 1/2, which is basically unavailable, so you're doing something stupid like trade Hall for Dumba, which is insanity. But.......curious, nonetheless...

I smell another lets trade Myers thread....!!!

Hall-Scheif-Wheeler

Laine-Little-Ehlers

That's interesting...