Around the NHL

11 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

mods - should we start a new Around The NHL thread for 16/17?  I know ultra long threads can cause issues with other forums. Might be easier to follow too. After the draft is sort of next year time anyway 

Lets wait till July 1, just because.

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Score is pretty bad for rumors. I've heard LA and Minny are the 2 front runners. I would be ok with Okposo tho at 4 5 million a year for a few years... he is from minny so never say never but I'd suspect that he will get 6 million a year long term. 

Edited by Goalie

I'd rather have Okposo than Lucic....I'd rather have anyone than Lucic.....actually, I wouldn't want him on or near the Jets.

I really like Okposo but Wheeler, Ehlers, Staf, Armia, Dano and Thorbs are all right wingers....do we need another one costing as much as Okposo will. I think Chevy was in contact to find out the cost but if he didn't, he isn't doing is job.

Signing Okposo doesn't leave LA much wiggle room either never mind next off-season when Toffoli and a few others become RFAs.

17 hours ago, Ducky said:

I'd rather have Okposo than Lucic....I'd rather have anyone than Lucic.....actually, I wouldn't want him on or near the Jets.

I really like Okposo but Wheeler, Ehlers, Staf, Armia, Dano and Thorbs are all right wingers....do we need another one costing as much as Okposo will. I think Chevy was in contact to find out the cost but if he didn't, he isn't doing is job.

Signing Okposo doesn't leave LA much wiggle room either never mind next off-season when Toffoli and a few others become RFAs.

Ehlers can play both sides, but regardless, Okposo is better than all of those players but Wheeler and Ehlers.  Are we really going to say we don't need Okposo because we already have Thorburn and Armia?  Really?

Didn't know about the Wheeler/Okposo connection...  interesting

Okposo would be a huge upgrade over Stafford...  

I'd do $6 for 6 with Okposo - he's better than Ladd imo and if its not working out, leave him exposed at the expansion draft.  Jets will still have room to sign Scheif and Trouba.  

Not sure what LHD Chevy is looking at in FA... unless its Hamhuis, I don't see anyone that good.  Maybe Polak or Schenn.

Polak shoots right.

Okposo would be fine with me if Armia was taken in the expansion draft and Stafford was traded. That would leave Scheif Little Wheeler Okposo Ehlers Connor Laine Perreault Dano Lowry Copp Burmi and Thorbs.......if Staf and Armia are here, then what? I don't think we need top six help with ESW, Perreault, Little, Laine, Connor, etc... and Okposo is a top 6 player.

Also, Okposo would have to sign 5x5 for me to be okay with it. He is already 28 and I don't want to be giving him big bucks when he is 34-35. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a player but I would rather see Chevy spend 4.5-6m per year on an established LHD than a RWer.

18 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Polak shoots right.

Okposo would be fine with me if Armia was taken in the expansion draft and Stafford was traded. That would leave Scheif Little Wheeler Okposo Ehlers Connor Laine Perreault Dano Lowry Copp Burmi and Thorbs.......if Staf and Armia are here, then what? I don't think we need top six help with ESW, Perreault, Little, Laine, Connor, etc... and Okposo is a top 6 player.

Also, Okposo would have to sign 5x5 for me to be okay with it. He is already 28 and I don't want to be giving him big bucks when he is 34-35. Don't get me wrong, I like him as a player but I would rather see Chevy spend 4.5-6m per year on an established LHD than a RWer.

So you want to sign Hamhuis...?  That's the only decent LHD left...  no one really trades quality D...

Okposo is comparable to Zajac... at $6 mill, I'll take that.  Way better value than Stafford at $4.3.

He makes this team a contender immediately and takes pressure off Connor.

Only problem is that I think someone - Detroit or Buffalo - offer him $7.5 a year...

good, they can have him for that kinda cash.

Okposo is a RWer and Connor is a LWer...you know that right?

How many RWers can a team have?

Okposo Ehlers Wheeler Staff Armia Dano Thorbs (you know he isn't going anywhere except maybe the pressbox).

I'd sooner go after a player that will take Little's place in 2 or 3 years than Okposo.

Forsberg - 21 years old - 4 years in the league, last year scored 33 goals 31 assists in 82 games.

Scheifele - 23 years old - 5 years in the league, last year scored 29 goals 32 assists in 71 games.

Scheifele is a centre, Forsberg has been playing wing.

Is this where the Scheifele deal starts?