Around the NHL

1 minute ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Confirmed?  Because the rumors were Buffalo and Detroit offering $10m per year.  Im somewhat surprised Tampa wants to pay to be honest if for no other reason than the playoffs showed they could win without him.

Ten million plus waiting through a rebuild in Buffalo. Taxes alone bring these numbers much closer together. Plus, he gets the extra year.

Makes you wonder why Edmonton and Montreal didnt just cut out New Jersey and Nashville and make the deal themselves.

2 words... for both Hall and PK... Character Issues.

Also, Edmonton actually saves some money here by trading Hall for Larsson. Subban paid more than both, actually almost the same amount that hall and larsson combined make. 

1 minute ago, Goalie said:

2 words... for both Hall and PK... Character Issues.

Also, Edmonton actually saves some money here by trading Hall for Larsson. Subban paid more than both, actually almost the same amount that hall and larsson combined make. 

With the amount of work it seems Subban does for his community, if true, he must be a different person in the locker room. 

6 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

With the amount of work it seems Subban does for his community, if true, he must be a different person in the locker room. 

Lots of people do community work, doesn't make them good people. Evander Kane was big in to the charity work also. 

It just seems odd to me, there has to be behind the scenes stuff to both of these deals (PK and Hall) that, as fans we don't get to see. 

PK in particular, he's a larger than life type of personality and i could see how that could rub some of his team mates and management the wrong way.... I mean, has to be more to it than just trading him for Weber right. They traded him for a reason, What that reason is? Your guess is as good as mine but there has to be some sort of underlying factor involved. 

Who knows what tho but theres something for sure. You don't just trade these guys for no reason. You don't trade PK for an older Weber for no reason, unless it's as simple as Montreal feeling PK just isn't worth the money he's being paid, but Weber is being paid more so..that kind of kills that theory doesn't it. 

Behind the scenes stuff at play here for sure. 

Edited by Goalie

2 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Lots of people do community work, doesn't make them good people. Evander Kane was big in to the charity work also. 

It just seems odd to me, there has to be behind the scenes stuff to both of these deals (PK and Hall) that, as fans we don't get to see. 

True enough but more times than not people who go out of their way to give back to their communities are usually character people Evander Kane not with standing. Moreover, outside of his community work you talk of, Evander Kane seems to attract attention for all the wrong reasons moreso that Subban does. But, like you mentioned, most of us have no idea what sort of issues are going here non-hockey talent related. 

13 minutes ago, Goalie said:

PK in particular, he's a larger than life type of personality and i could see how that could rub some of his team mates and management the wrong way.... I mean, has to be more to it than just trading him for Weber right. They traded him for a reason, What that reason is? Your guess is as good as mine but there has to be some sort of underlying factor involved. 

Who knows what tho but theres something for sure. You don't just trade these guys for no reason. You don't trade PK for an older Weber for no reason, unless it's as simple as Montreal feeling PK just isn't worth the money he's being paid, but Weber is being paid more so..that kind of kills that theory doesn't it. 

Behind the scenes stuff at play here for sure. 

Weber isn't making more than Subban...

Edited by Ducky
I can't spell

Habs reporter on H&L saying there have been lots of issues with PK that went unreported. Things like missing curfew and being Late for team functions. Not getting along with team mates etc. 

If this is true, why didn't that reporter report it?

Or maybe this guy just made up ... or "exaggerated" these rumours.  Read this article from last October.

http://www.stanleycupofchowder.com/2015/10/24/9604514/how-boston-media-is-letting-itself-fans-the-bruins-and-the-nhl-down

Boston is certainly home to one of these markets, to the point of self-parody. Recently we’ve seen an example of just how bad and desperate rumor mongering can be, with CSNNE’s Joe Haggerty floating "inside" rumors the Bruins were looking to trade Zdeno Chara and Brad Marchand - a rumor so wildly off base that DJ Bean saw fit to publicly blow it out of the water only hours later:

The Bruins themselves then saw fit to come out and rubbish the Haggerty rumors, which had by then been picked up by national outlets despite not having a grain of truth to them. The spread and reach around the hockey world of this caused some debate. The scariest thing about the reaction, though, was how many people within hockey media defended what is basically blatant fabrication for clickbait because of the source.

The article is an interesting read.