Around the NHL

The first story I heard about Ladd was when he was moving in that first pre-season.  He was staying in Toews condo off Pembina HWY.  My friend lived there and her brother saw Ladd back a truck up and start moving some stuff in but he was by himself.  Friend's brother went down and helped him.  Ladd went to his condo later and gave him Jets tickets as a thank you.  Also, Ladd's wife would borrow sugar (and stuff) from my friend's mom.  Condo's were next to each other.  Said the Ladd's were super nice.

I wonder how much current play factors in.  For example, lets say in the summer the Jets had offered 6X6 and Ladd asked for 7x6.  They decide to hold off.  Ladd's people probably feeling the closer he gets to Free Agency, the more leverage they have.  But then Ladd has a poor season.  Does his agent still say hey here are his career stats and accomplishes or do the Jets say "wellll. we see a player trending down". 

Does the agent look at this and say gee, last summer you would have had 20 teams offering you more.  But you might not this summer...  is one in the hand worth X in the bush when X is undefined?

50 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I wonder how much current play factors in.  For example, lets say in the summer the Jets had offered 6X6 and Ladd asked for 7x6.  They decide to hold off.  Ladd's people probably feeling the closer he gets to Free Agency, the more leverage they have.  But then Ladd has a poor season.  Does his agent still say hey here are his career stats and accomplishes or do the Jets say "wellll. we see a player trending down". 

Does the agent look at this and say gee, last summer you would have had 20 teams offering you more.  But you might not this summer...  is one in the hand worth X in the bush when X is undefined?

Coming off the surgery that he had in the off season if his agent was offered the 6x6 contract and refused he should have fired him because he will not get that kind of an offer from the Jets or probably any other team.

On 12/21/2015 at 4:43 PM, Goalie said:

Trouba and Copp grew up together,Bogo was Troubas party buddy, hence why bogo was shipped out when nobody expected him to be. 

Copp and Troubas brother now live with Trouba here in Winnipeg. Yup. Jets hired Troubas brother TJ... he's part of the Winnipeg Jets Hockey Academy...

Trust me, there is a reason the Jets drafted Copp and hired Troubas brother and shipped Bogo out of town. All i will say is Bogo was not a good influence. 

The bolded part, I've now heard from 3 different people.... for whatever that's worth.

EDIT: and confirmed from a simple LinkedIn search. I wonder if he'll accept my add! ;)

Personally I think they will sign Ladd and trade buff and I think despite Ladds slow start probably due to his off season surgery... it will be the right move. Ladd takes a lot of heat but... he's a guy who plays through injuries and rarely misses a game and the fact that he built a house here and likes it here probably plays a factor. Our lw depth isn't good. Our rhd depth is. Buff will be traded and Ladd will sign 

47 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Personally I think they will sign Ladd and trade buff and I think despite Ladds slow start probably due to his off season surgery... it will be the right move. Ladd takes a lot of heat but... he's a guy who plays through injuries and rarely misses a game and the fact that he built a house here and likes it here probably plays a factor. Our lw depth isn't good. Our rhd depth is. Buff will be traded and Ladd will sign 

The rumors would seem to point on that direction. That they negotiated with Ladd. Agreed on term. That they never talked to Buff. Supposedly offered him to the Isles. 

I think most people would keep buff right now and trade Ladd. But long term keeping ladd and trading buff is probably the right move.  

Sadly buff is really our only bonafide superstar. Perhaps Wheeler though he sort of flies under the radar. 

Some rumors out there that the Oilers are very interested in Buff and are talking to the Jets about him. Not sure what it would take but... 2016 1st for sure and then what do they add? Cuz trust me, they add... Not interested in Yakupov or Schultz or guys like that personally.

22 minutes ago, Goalie said:

Some rumors out there that the Oilers are very interested in Buff and are talking to the Jets about him. Not sure what it would take but... 2016 1st for sure and then what do they add? Cuz trust me, they add... Not interested in Yakupov or Schultz or guys like that personally.

Hmmm that's tough.  I've seen saying Edmonton as a trade partner for Buff for ages.  Nuge is out there as a possibility.  Chevy wanted a top six guy earlier.  Buff+ for 1st round & Nuge?

Then Nuge allows them to move on from Ladd?  Or if they do re-sign Ladd, it makes Nuge the 2LW and pushes Perreault to 3C or 3LW.  Perreault-Lowry-Ehlers could be a strong 3rd line.  Nuge-Scheif-Stafford as second line.