Around the NHL

Dreger reports pens have "kicked tires" on a trade for Enstrom.

So....assuming there is still interest what makes that deal work for both sides?

Probably Pouliot  at the very least.  They don't have a 2016 1st so...

It would have to be something like Pouliot for sure then, probably a bottom 6 guy and either a 2nd round pick in 2016 or 1st in 2017. 

8 years  x  9.75m for 78m is the rumor for Kopitar's new contract with LA...wow.

Wow + Why

You know what, as much as people seem to think that's too much, Kopitar is a very good player, he's the heart of that LA team, people might think Doughty is the face of the Kings but really, It's Kopitar, He has 2 cups, He's a big strong 2 way player....

Think Chicago and Toews and Kane... He's not as flashy as Kane but he's every bit as good as Toews, Toews gets lots of hype, but if Kopitar was from Winnipeg or Canadian for that matter, He would be the guy people would be talking about .He's a good player, well worth it in my opinion. Little long tho, deal starts at age 29 and last until 36 37 so by the time he's 35 36 37... yeah it might suck for the Kings but.... He's the face of the team and one of the better players in the league. It's just that he's not Canadian, Not American, is quiet, doesn't get in to trouble, but... what he does, plays a 2 way game and has won multiple stanley cups. That matters. 

Kopitar is very very good. He's not as good as Toews, but he's really good. I don't hate that contract for him....

There are quite a lot of people who believe Kopitar is actually better than Toews... is your assessment based on unbiased thoughts or are you just a big Toews fan dismissing another good player because he's not Toews? If Kopitar was from Canada (or played in a non west coast market) people would look at differently. 

He's the highest paid player on the team, Enstrom that is, Rumors are that they have been shopping him. I think they will likely trade him. No way can Toby Enstrom be your highest paid player. He is so therefore he's being shopped. I bet he gets moved eventually either b4 the trade deadline or the off-season. The fact that he is left handed is sort of irrelevant... 

I don't think it would be about Ladd, It's about is Enstrom worth what he's being paid? Is he a difference maker? Is he worth the almost 6 million a year he's making? The answer to all those is probably NO.

Enstrom isn't that great, just cuz he's the best we have doesn't mean he's that good, it just means he's better than Stuart and Chiarot... He's not getting any younger either... you got an asset that lots of teams are looking for, a top 4 d man, who maybe doesn't fit in with the age group of your team moving forward...

IMO, the only untouchables on the Jets main roster at this moment

Helle,Trouba,Scheif,Wheeler,Ehlers,Copp (yeah gonna put Copp in there) 

The rest are pretty much fair game.....

Enstrom, he's ok... but i don't think he's worth what he's being paid exactly. 

I don't think it would be about Ladd, It's about is Enstrom worth what he's being paid? Is he a difference maker? Is he worth the almost 6 million a year he's making? The answer to all those is probably NO.

Enstrom isn't that great, just cuz he's the best we have doesn't mean he's that good, it just means he's better than Stuart and Chiarot... He's not getting any younger either... you got an asset that lots of teams are looking for, a top 4 d man, who maybe doesn't fit in with the age group of your team moving forward...

puff puff pass

Maybe you get a LHD man back, but he's younger? Maybe you trade Buff or Ladd and they get an LHD man back..... there are so many possibilities here. 

almost 6 million a year for Toby.... He's not worth it...

Yeah, he's got a NMC.... doesn't mean he can't be moved tho, The fact that there are rumors out there suggesting that teams have called on him and the Jets are somewhat shopping him tells me that NMC means very little. 

puff puff pass

Besides proving that you are somewhat of a ******, what does this add? 

Yup. You just look at points. That really says it all in my opinion. Points aren't the  be all and end all for all players. Copp isn't asked to put up 30 points, he's asked to be solid defensively, he is... He's asked to be good on the face-offs, he is. He's not asked to put up 30 points a year. He's a 4th line guy playing under 7 minutes a night. What type of expectations do you have for some of these players..

Shocking he hasnt' put up more points playing most the season with Peluso. 

Jets aren't even as bad as lots of us say they are... They are actually really good 5 on 5... actually very good 5 on 5... it's the PK AND PP that are really killing them at the moment, Jets have played some very good hockey the last little while, 5 on 5, they actually dominate at times, big time... It's the PK tho that's really doing them in. 

Last year the PK was ranked like 13th in the league, This year... It's almost dead last... That is the difference between wins and losses right now. Fix the PK and this team will win way more games. It's almost at the point tho where i'm not sure they can fix the PK. 

Started off good but downhill, goaltending was pretty bad too, Hutch has been awful, Pav wasn't much better. Helle seems to be doing pretty good. He's gonna have his struggles at times too but i think goal tending earlier in the year really let them down big time. 

Yup. You just look at points. That really says it all in my opinion. Points aren't the  be all and end all for all players. Copp isn't asked to put up 30 points, he's asked to be solid defensively, he is... He's asked to be good on the face-offs, he is. He's not asked to put up 30 points a year. He's a 4th line guy playing under 7 minutes a night. What type of expectations do you have for some of these players..

Shocking he hasnt' put up more points playing most the season with Peluso. 

That makes him untouchable?

Doesn't take much to please you.