Odds and Sods - Game 15 Winnipeg Blue Bombers at BC Lions

do or die

i was yelling at the tv to snap the ball, i thought they were close to being called for a time count , he did the right thing by calling the timeout

i see goossen played the whole 2nd half, did anyone see what happened

Picard had an upper body injury. Goossen is ready to start. Didn't miss a beat with him in there. His snaps didn't float either like Picard's.

Actually - I have to disagree a bit with you on that one g-bill. We did miss a beat - a big beat - as in Picards' standard roughing call he always gets (like in first half), a sure hold he would have done on Denmark's TD, and I'm sure he'd have had a few 'blown' assignments where Nichols would have been blown up. Not saying I don't mind missing those beats though ;)

Overall - what a second half. Tracker opined in the chat if the bombers had ever come back before to win a game (this year) well we know now. I wrote the team off in the first half but glad I stuck with it in the second half. Oh - Castillo for Mayor - did extremely well and didn't seem to mind the long converts at all (only had to kick two of them though but was money both times)

lol yea, you could certainly make an argument that Goossen is an upgrade over Picard.  Only thing with Picard out is that it creates a bit of a ratio issue.  Same with Kohlert...Bastien might be our only healthy NI receiver at the moment. 

I believe we also blocked an extra point attempt too....it was a great special teams performance

One blocked kick

One partial blocked kick

5-5 on FG

2-2 on converts

Great KO's

Some good returns

The kind of special teams that we had all envisioned, when MOS came aboard.

Picard pulled (finally) and signs of emotion and passion on the sidelines, tonight. Interesting to see if this was a "turn the corner game" for O'Shea, moving forward

Good work by the D with 7 sacks in total.  The D line contributed 4 so they're getting results from more then just Westerman and I thought Turner had his best game of the season so far.

Tackles STT Sacks Ints FF

LEGGETT, M             4 2 2 0 0

BASS, K                     5 0 1 0 0

WESTERMAN, J        4 0 2 0 0

WASHINGTON, D      4 0 0 1 0

ADAMS, J                  4 0 0 1 0

JOHNSON, B             3 0 0 0 0

HURL, S                    2 1 0 0 0

ANDERSON, Z          3 0 0 0 0

STOUDERMIRE , T   2 0 0 0 0

RICHARDSON, L       1 1 0 0 0

SHELL, L                   2 0 0 0 0

JOHNSON, D             1 0 1 0 0

BRIGGS, J                 0 1 0 0 0

JONES, D                  0 1 0 0 0

TURNER JR., B         1 0 1 0 0

WILD, I                      1 0 0 0 0

BUCKNOR, M            1 0 0 0 0

NEWMAN, G              1 0 0 0 0

PONTBRIAND, M       0 1 0 0 0

WAGGONER, G         0 1 0 0 1

edit: Stupid formatting!

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

- 7 sacks - great to see that pressure.

- in the "get a haircut" category ...Troy "don't give them an easy tackling target" Stoudermire. Otherwise, Stoudermire showed his versatility and rewarded the faith the Coaching staff had in him. Nice runs, and some clutch receiver work as a stand in and 2 tackles.

- somebody found Castillo. Thank you somebody...at least for now.

- still have to admire Cortez's attack plan on us in the 1st half and the execution by Jennings and his receivers.

- then again, you really have to admire how Hall and the defence handled that same BC offence, in the second half.

- Ian Wild. He has had an enormous impact on.special teams since his signing. Everybody now wants to get in on his special plays. Awesome leader, and pretty darn good on defence too.

- Jamaal Westerman - 2 sacks, and 4 tackles. CFL sack leader.

- Johnny Adams - 1int. and 4 tackles, 1 deflection. CFL interception leader. He helped spark that 2nd half defensive stand.

- Maurice Leggett - sticker. That guy can hit. 6'tackles and 2 sacks.

- Demond Washington - 4 tackles, 1 interception, and one red-face for next week's Sports Centre's highlight reel play....against him.

- Khalil Bass - 5 tackles and 1 sack.

- Mike O'Shea - thanks for putting the special back in Special Teams. This was a win.

Finally, I'd like to say something nice about the offence, so - something nice about the offence. Other than that, I got nothing. But I did see Nichols frustration...in the play-calling...like thousands of other did.

- 7 sacks - great to see that pressure.

- in the "get a haircut" category ...Troy "don't give them an easy tackling target" Stoudermire. Otherwise, Stoudermire showed his versatility and rewarded the faith the Coaching staff had in him. Nice runs, and some clutch receiver work as a stand in and 2 tackles.

- somebody found Castillo. Thank you somebody...at least for now.

- still have to admire Cortez's attack plan on us in the 1st half and the execution by Jennings and his receivers.

- then again, you really have to admire how Hall and the defence handled that same BC offence, in the second half.

- Ian Wild. He has had an enormous impact on.special teams since his signing. Everybody now wants to get in on his special plays. Awesome leader, and pretty darn good on defence too.

- Jamaal Westerman - 2 sacks, and 4 tackles. CFL sack leader.

- Johnny Adams - 1int. and 4 tackles, 1 deflection. CFL interception leader. He helped spark that 2nd half defensive stand.

- Maurice Leggett - sticker. That guy can hit. 6'tackles and 2 sacks.

- Demond Washington - 4 tackles, 1 interception, and one red-face for next week's Sports Centre's highlight reel play....against him.

- Khalil Bass - 5 tackles and 1 sack.

- Mike O'Shea - thanks for putting the special back in Special Teams. This was a win.

Finally, I'd like to say something nice about the offence, so - something nice about the offence. Other than that, I got nothing. But I did see Nichols frustration...in the play-calling...like thousands of other did.

Too bad Nichols was frustrated but so was I with his lack of accuracy...the rest....you're right on.

Certainly was evident that our second half defensive changes really worked. The changes really got into the head of the BC quarterback he wasn't even close to the same player he was in the first half. Love the leadership of Ian Wild. Special teams were great. MB simply has to go, those inside runs are brutal, and incredibly predictable. I posted this last week, but Goosen looked really good in the warmup, and last night he looked great. How about that block on the right side he made to save Nichols from a sure sack?? Goodbye Picard.

I must say when wild is on the field he makes the front 7 play better. The guy is an amazing Blitzer, causing the QB to flush the pocket the quarterback imo he is a big reason with the increased sack totals. Also turner had his best game of the year. I think the only major weakness of the d is buckonor on the weak side. When you sit 15 yards back from the LOS and is still in a trailing position on a go rout it is not very promising for a aging player

An argument can be made for Ian Wild being our MVP. He's a legit, but underrated, stud.

Not much of one tho. If he was here all season sure but bass Westerman and Adams are the MVPS of this team.
Ya not saying for the entire season because he wasn't here for most of it. I just meant on a per game basis, in terms of a difference maker. He's right there with Westerman.

I agree mr dee, stoudemire has really gotten much better, for three or four games at least. and in this game he played offence defence and special teams. all well.

He is becoming a really good player.

Also, I thought the runs through the middle, and left and right side, started to work pretty well in the second half.

Nichols didn't have that good a game.

Gossen/Chung/Neufeld/Westerman/Bastian/Bucknor/Hurl is 7.

I know but you need backups. If Bastien gets injured, no Canadian WR to step in. It's doable but leaves us very thin.

I don't see why we can't sign a Kito Poblah or Jade Etienne to stand on the side lines and look pretty in case of an injury.

I thought it was reported (albeit here, so take that for what it's worth) that jade was done with football... I'd be interested in seeing what Poblah would do as a jersey filler... too bad that rifles kid didn't work out...

Gossen/Chung/Neufeld/Westerman/Bastian/Bucknor/Hurl is 7.

I know but you need backups. If Bastien gets injured, no Canadian WR to step in. It's doable but leaves us very thin.
I don't see why we can't sign a Kito Poblah or Jade Etienne to stand on the side lines and look pretty in case of an injury.

I thought it was reported (albeit here, so take that for what it's worth) that jade was done with football... I'd be interested in seeing what Poblah would do as a jersey filler... too bad that rifles kid didn't work out...

Forgot about him, wonder if that Reaves kid is still around.  Still can't understand why the Bombers didn't make room for him on the PR.