Week 16 CFL - Mon. - Tor.@ Mont. (Sask. 15 - Hamilton 30)

Mr Dee

Ottawa are 8-5 this year. Last year, at this point, they were 2-11. They are actually battling for 1st place now and they want to beat the Argos…badly, or any way.

They've already lost 2 games to Toronto 30-24, and 35-26, but both those games featured tons of penalties on the RedBlacks part.

20 penalties for 228 in the 1st game and 18 for 165 in the second.

Now, however Ottawa is confident and Burris is hot.

Predictions anyone?

I'll take Ottawa.

Do fans like Tuesday night games?

9 team league, I think they needed at least one of these weeks where there are 5 games to make the schedule work.   So there really isn't much of a choice.

It may also have to do with Rogers Centre scheduling, so Toronto plays this Tuesday then next Monday.

Ottawa are 8-5 this year. Last year, at this point, they were 2-11. They are actually battling for 1st place now and they want to beat the Argos…badly, or any way.

They've already lost 2 games to Toronto 30-24, and 35-26, but both those games featured tons of penalties on the RedBlacks part.

20 penalties for 228 in the 1st game and 18 for 165 in the second.

Now, however Ottawa is confident and Burris is hot. 

Predictions anyone?

I'll take Ottawa.

I'll take Toronto by 14. Get the broom out.

1 minute, 55 seconds, 6 plays, Burris 3-3 - TD....on the road, sort of.

1 minute, 40 seconds, 3 plays 56 yard gain - horse-**** horse-collar tackle penalty, Harris 3-3 - TD

Game tied 7-7 Going to be a showdown - (ELO)

10:20 into the game Toronto 14-7

Then Hank shows up...interception Tor. - ball on the 1 yard line.

3:26 left in the 1st Q Harris is picked off, ball on the 8 yard line.

How does Toronto find 3 (The Big Three) first-year receivers like Gurly, Hazelton, and Elliot? These guys are on pace for 9 TDs EACH! And that's without Ricky Ray chucking the ball to them.

Compare that to our supposed best receiver, Nick Moore, and his 1 TD a season pace.

There are two penalties against the Argos, that seem very questionable to me. As Laing is rasseling with Burris to bring him down, the whistle bows and a fraction later, Burris is down. Laing gets flagged, flips out and removes his helmet, Laing is flagged again. Milanovich clearly lips"f ****** idiot". Don't know who Milanovich is angry at, but that first penalty was no doubt called to protect a qb's in the grasp, but Burris was continuing an attempt to escape.

Second penalty, TO's Hazelton loses the ball after a catch, picked up by Ottawa, and the play is blown dead. The Ottawa defender, continues running around with the ball and Whtaker steps in front of him and the Ottawa chap then stops. Whitaker gets Flagged 15 yards for rough play.

Oh, now TO has to review an incomplete pass to get a p.i. call.

CFL needs professional refs.

If Burris got hurt the Redblacks would be awful. CFL is all about the healthy QB.

Sounds like he got banged up a bit. But sounds like he's healthy enough to play next week. Ottawa is 1 Burris injury from being awful. They really are. Their backups are brohm and Marve awful.

Looked like Burris got his hand banged up in that last play...and I think Jeramiah Johnson most likely is done for awhile...IF that is the case Ottawa just took a big hit .. Injuries to other clubs catching up....Hate to see it at the best of times but sadly a part of the game...We shall see.

There are two penalties against the Argos, that seem very questionable to me. As Laing is rasseling with Burris to bring him down, the whistle bows and a fraction later, Burris is down. Laing gets flagged, flips out and removes his helmet, Laing is flagged again. Milanovich clearly lips"f ****** idiot". Don't know who Milanovich is angry at, but that first penalty was no doubt called to protect a qb's in the grasp, but Burris was continuing an attempt to escape.

Second penalty, TO's Hazelton loses the ball after a catch, picked up by Ottawa, and the play is blown dead. The Ottawa defender, continues running around with the ball and Whtaker steps in front of him and the Ottawa chap then stops. Whitaker gets Flagged 15 yards for rough play.

Oh, now TO has to review an incomplete pass to get a p.i. call.

CFL needs professional refs.

I absolutely hated that call, I'd hate it even if it was our QB . We talk about protecting the QB's, which is good, but now we're going to have defensive players not playing full speed, which is bad.

How does Toronto find 3 (The Big Three) first-year receivers like Gurly, Hazelton, and Elliot? These guys are on pace for 9 TDs EACH! And that's without Ricky Ray chucking the ball to them.

Compare that to our supposed best receiver, Nick Moore, and his 1 TD a season pace.

I don't understand this. Are you implying that they're better simply because they're catching more touchdowns?