Week 15 - Sask @ BC - (Calgary 23 Hamilton 20)

Mr Dee

Hank by default really... 

It's HANK vs BLM by  default in my opinion... Only 2 QB's who haven't been hurt yet other than Trevor Harris but... 

Hank vs BLM by default for sure. 

funny thing: According to Stamps media, BLM isn't the consensus choice for the Stamps right now, because of the season Eric Rogers is having. He's their MOP right now...

I was shocked to see Burris was running the short yardage team last night. A 40 year old QB running plunges in a season where quarterbacks are falling weekly? The guy's invulnerable/lucky.

I'm thinking they were doing that to keep the high pace. Seemed like they did everything they could to not let the Al's defence catch it's breath, including this.

Whatever happened to all the people who thought Desjardins was an idiot for ditching Glenn and signing Burris?

Well it's all for not cause no matter what happens in the east this year the Grey Cup game is out doors in Winnipeg in November. Burris ain't gonna win when the weather gets cold, remember the ass raping he got when he played the Grey Cup game in Regina just a couple seasons ago? Guy is the ultimate fair weather qb. Expect his game to fall off when the weather gets cooler because it always happens. 

Hank by default really... 

It's HANK vs BLM by  default in my opinion... Only 2 QB's who haven't been hurt yet other than Trevor Harris but... 

Hank vs BLM by default for sure. 

funny thing: According to Stamps media, BLM isn't the consensus choice for the Stamps right now, because of the season Eric Rogers is having. He's their MOP right now...

Rodgers will probably finish with nearly 1,500 yards receiving. BLM hasn't had an outstanding year. He's lucky to be on a team with so much talent around him which is why the Stamps win. Rodgers is having a great season.. 

Burris is having the season of his career, and comparing him to Willy is real tough. Burris has been remarkably unbreakable and Willy has yet to finish a season. Willy has shown flashes that lead us to believe he has a very high ceiling on his abilities but one more injury-shortened season and the Bombers will be forced to conclude that he is not in their future.

Calgary @ Hamilton - (the no-Collaros version)

The Stampeders can clinch a playoff spot with either a win or BC Lions loss to Saskatchewan this week. If they win at Hamilton this week, Calgary is assured of a home game at least. Edmonton can clinch a playoff spot with a win and a BC loss ensuring a 10-win season for the Eskimos (BC and Winnipeg could then be no better than 9-9). 

- Eric Rogers : Built a 6-game streak with at least one TD this year – he has not scored a touchdown since then (last 5 games). 

Calgary is now 25-5 when Bo Levi Mitchell starts at QB after last week’s win over Winnipeg. Mitchell is tied for first with Tracy Ham at 25-5 over his first 30 career starts.

The Stampeders won 25-23 at Winnipeg coming back from an opening drive TD by the Bombers to become the first team to 10 wins in 2015. Of their 10 wins in 2015, 6 have involved a comeback and 4 have been wire-to-wire victories.
 Last week, Hamilton did not record a single 1st down by rush. In the year of the pass, that has happened twice before but not by Hamilton. A scan of all Yardsticks reports back to 2002 shows at least one by Hamilton in any game.
The Ticats will be coming off a bye this week; teams doing that in 2015 are 8-5 thus far. The last four clubs coming off a bye week this year all won their games. Hamilton lost after their first bye this season.
With a win, Calgary can clinch a playoff spot for the 11th consecutive season, two short of their club record of 13 years in a row (1989-2001). They can sew up a home playoff game for the 4th year in a row and for the 6th time in the last eight years. That sets up an attempt to do something they haven’t before – win the Grey Cup two years in a row. 
The Tiger-Cats are farther out than Calgary but a victory would ensure at least a .500 season and put them potentially 3 wins ahead of Montreal (pending their game on Thursday night). A Hamilton win this week combined with a loss by BC would put the Ticats just ONE win away from clinching at least a cross-over position
This week Collaros miss a start for Hamilton for the 6th time in 31 games since 2014. By chance, Calgary will now be the opponent in those games for the THIRD time (the others were Ottawa, Winnipeg & BC). The Ticats are just 1-6 when Collaros either does not start or was injured and did not finish.
Calgary has won the last 7 meetings with Hamilton and 11 of the last 12 overall. However, this will be the first time that the Stampeders will be playing at Tim Hortons Field.
Last year Calgary set a club record with 8 road victories (8-1) and this season they are at 3-3. They are looking to extend a 5-year streak of at least a .500 record on the road. Making it 6 years running would set a new club record as they have been .500 or better on the road in 5 consecutive seasons twice before (1961-65 & 1992-96).
- The Ticats are dominating the Turnover statistics in 2015 as their +18 mark is 16 better than Edmonton at #2 with only a +2 Ratio. No team has had such a big gap over #2 since Montreal in 2009 (+32 vs +9).
The Stampeders are led by the CFL’s leading receiver Eric Rogers (1,124 yards) who is the only one to reach 1,000 yards at this point. Teammate Marquay McDaniel (815 yards) sits at #3 but is just 8 yards back of S.J. Green (823). The Stampeders have twice before had the top two in the league: 1952 with Bob Shaw and Paul Salata, and most recently in 1999 with Allen Pitts and Travis Moore.

96.2% of MBB voters have picked the Calgary Stampeders to win this game. I concur. As does Chris Schultz.

Quite agree. Matthews will need something to help him, like a running game, otherwise, he's going to be targeted. Apparently, there is a strong wind in Hamilton tonight, so that running game would have come in handy.

Unprecedented optimism is how Hamilton was described as the season went along....whoops, they'll find out how the rest of us feel without that starter in your lineup.

Field position will be very important tonight, and that's in Calgary's favour.

@Mr Dee: that's some mad research, props! I don't even want to ask how long that takes to put together! Good Read!

Appreciate the thought, but it really is just a matter of paying attention to the CFL notes and trends when they come out. They do all the work, I just pay attention, piece it together for the relevant game, and pass on the information when it's there. Couldn't do it without them.

I find it interesting and share it if anybody else is interested.

Honest to god, Cgy. has golden horseshoes up their ass.

several of them.

I'm sick of that team. 

If the Bombers are better than their record, Calgary is a team that's worse than it's record.

I agree not gonna win the grey cup this year.

Hope Edmonton gets their offence together and kicks this teams' ass.

@Mr Dee: that's some mad research, props! I don't even want to ask how long that takes to put together! Good Read!

Appreciate the thought, but it really is just a matter of paying attention to the CFL notes and trends when they come out. They do all the work, I just pay attention, piece it together for the relevant game, and pass on the information when it's there. Couldn't do it without them.

I find it interesting and share it if anybody else is interested.

Well credit where credit is due. In any case, I for one, do find the more obscure stats/correlations to be interesting as well and appreciate the effort!