No End Call - CFL confirms it was an incorrect call

Floyd

The gambling angle doesn't make sense. No way the Stamps could cover 9.5 by that point.

Just pure incompetence.

Head ref was either instructed by the CFL to ensure Winnipeg lost or he's accepting bribes. Someone with Als org paying off refs? A playoff game can result in $1-2 million in profit. Share some with corrupt refs?

An NBA ref went to prison. You don't think something similar could happen in the CFL? I'd say it's much more likely.

This outcome does nothing to help Montreal host a playoff game. Crossing over they have no chance of hosting. Road playoff games are an expense for CFL clubs.

Just incompetence, which is almost more problematic than a fix because there's not much the league can do to solve it.

Who would be crazy enough to bribe anyone to ensure that Calgary beats Winnipeg? Calgary ALWAYS beats Winnipeg. If it's true (and it's not) they just have exposed the officials they have in their pocket on a meaningless game. Too stupid to believe. No conspiracy, yes incompetence.

I watched a documentary a while ago about low level tennis players being bribed to make money. There's a lot of **** that goes on in this world that most of us have no clue about.

Officiating needs to tighten up in this league... its the worst I've seen it this year, starting to watch NFL - and I hate the NFL...

I'm watching Hockey now - will be fully vested when the season starts in less than two weeks. I agree it was a chincy call but the player was not on the line. Only issue I have with the call is the lateness of the flag. I agree with other posters here - the line judge watches the line from the sideline, and usually throws the flag right away. Only thing I can think of is he confirmed with the line judge from the other side first. i.e. he didn't want to throw a flag if a bomber receiver from the opposite end was on the line - thus negating the call. When the other sideline judge said no, he threw the flag. 

No different than the Sk too many men penalty in the G.C. a few years back.

But here's how I see it, the bombers were playing the defending Grey Cup champs and now, with the loss of Collaros, the best team in the league. They hung with them all game, really fought it out. Those guys complaining about the Bombers O - hey that's a Rich Stubler Defense, and Rich knows Nichols very well. He made his adjustments and it took the bombers a while to figure out what to do. That's why they're the CHAMPS. Good on Wpg! I expected a blow out and instead was treated to a close game that had a heartbreak ending. If the bombers had played that way a few more times, it wouldn't have been a must win. It still wasn't IMO - B.C. will be slaughtered by the Eskimos today. Bombers still, have a good chance. They just gotta keep playing this way every week. If they do, they'll win their share of games. If they lay an egg last week, it's on THEM - not an official. 

Yes and the officials were responsible for over a 10 minute difference in time of possession, giving up over 100 yards rushing and one WR running around uncovered for an entire game? You want a Conspiracy ? Watch the movie Conspiracy Theory with Mel Gibson.

That actually is a pretty good movie, I think I might watch it today.

No. The refs weren't responsible for the lack of O in the 3rd. That's the Bellefeuille special but... the game is 60 minutes long. No lead is safe stuff. If the refs actually messed that call up... sounding like they did.... no it didn't cost us the game but.... it might have

It was a great individual effort by Marshall to get the 2-pointer before that, on what was essentially a poorly designed play for a 2-point conversion.

But he did and that's football. And so it got exciting. Whether the subsequent no end call is to be blamed on players or coaches - it is on the player.

Except that Bombers have drawn a flag for that particular infraction more often than usual this season, so the coaches are at fault for not taking steps to correct something they know the officials are repeatedly calling. 

Officiating needs to tighten up in this league... its the worst I've seen it this year, starting to watch NFL - and I hate the NFL...

I'm watching Hockey now - will be fully vested when the season starts in less than two weeks. I agree it was a chincy call but the player was not on the line. Only issue I have with the call is the lateness of the flag. I agree with other posters here - the line judge watches the line from the sideline, and usually throws the flag right away. Only thing I can think of is he confirmed with the line judge from the other side first. i.e. he didn't want to throw a flag if a bomber receiver from the opposite end was on the line - thus negating the call. When the other sideline judge said no, he threw the flag.

No different than the Sk too many men penalty in the G.C. a few years back.

But here's how I see it, the bombers were playing the defending Grey Cup champs and now, with the loss of Collaros, the best team in the league. They hung with them all game, really fought it out. Those guys complaining about the Bombers O - hey that's a Rich Stubler Defense, and Rich knows Nichols very well. He made his adjustments and it took the bombers a while to figure out what to do. That's why they're the CHAMPS. Good on Wpg! I expected a blow out and instead was treated to a close game that had a heartbreak ending. If the bombers had played that way a few more times, it wouldn't have been a must win. It still wasn't IMO - B.C. will be slaughtered by the Eskimos today. Bombers still, have a good chance. They just gotta keep playing this way every week. If they do, they'll win their share of games. If they lay an egg last week, it's on THEM - not an official.

You're allowed to be one yard back from the line. That's in the rule book. The pictures clearly show him half a yard back, in line with the tackles (who were aT least in line with Nichols).

While I'm not convinced it's a conspiracy....it was 100% the wrong call.

I was very disappointed in both of the calls......"force out" and "no end". If the ref calling the no end isn't sure he should make the call, then he shouldn't make the call. These guys are very experienced refs, and at this level a simple call like that should be correctly made 100% of the time. And wasn't that ref #21 the older looking one?? I thought he looked too old and slow to even be out there!

As far as the force out call goes, I thought the guy looked like he was going to be out anyway, and didn't we see the exact same call made in Montreal with the opposite result last week?? So again the reff's have a problem.......they don't know what the correct call is.

Meh, it was reminiscent of the loss in Calgary, the game was there for the taking and the Bombers couldn't take it. Not a very polished team yet and it's ended up costing them, likely a playoff spot this year. Still Liram had the distance on the kick, just wide right, that's a kick he has to make.

Meh, it was reminiscent of the loss in Calgary, the game was there for the taking and the Bombers couldn't take it. Not a very polished team yet and it's ended up costing them, likely a playoff spot this year. Still Liram had the distance on the kick, just wide right, that's a kick he has to make.

Calgary still had around a minute to get one point.  That's in regulation.  Our best hope to win was to nickel and dime down the field and hopefully win it with a TD on that last possession. The penalty took that from us.

Who would be crazy enough to bribe anyone to ensure that Calgary beats Winnipeg?  Calgary ALWAYS beats Winnipeg. If it's true (and it's not) they just have exposed the officials they have in their pocket on a meaningless game. Too stupid to believe. No conspiracy, yes incompetence.

Now if the refs. made sure Wpg. won that would make a bit more sense from a corrupted betting perspective.