Chris Williams

holoman

Calgary should sign him to replace Nik Lewis.

Yeah.  We don't need him.... :D

One would have to assume that he would have no interest in coming here. Winnipeg isn't a place for people with options sadly enough.

I honestly think he'd have a lot of interest in coming here.

One would have to assume that he would have no interest in coming here. Winnipeg isn't a place for people with options sadly enough.

Winnipeg does not have a bonafide #1 CFL receiver.  Matthews was last year, but I'd argue this year, we have no identity or guys worthy of double coverage.

If I'm Chris Williams, that represents opportunity.

Winnipeg does not have a bonafide #1 CFL receiver.  Matthews was last year, but I'd argue this year, we have no identity or guys worthy of double coverage.

I would like to contend that point.

We don't even have guys worthy of single coverage.

Did I say "no #1 receiver?" I meant no #1 receiver, AND no #1 kick returner. 

Did I say "no #1 receiver?" I meant no #1 receiver, AND no #1 kick returner. 

I'd say Woods is making a stronger case for himself every time he touches the ball, but I see your point.

Yeah. We don't need him.... :D

Unfortunately I don't think the Bombers would be interested after just adding two receivers

Unfortunately I don't think the Bombers would be interested after just adding two receivers

Wait what?  This isn't Mack we're talking about.  We would scoop him up in a heartbeat.  Even Mack would sign him given the opportunity, actually.

Are you guys kidding?  He will be signing in the NFL.  The whole point of getting out of the contract was to get to the NFL, not because he hated the Ticats.

I doubt it's guaranteed now. Not this year at least.

I doubt it's ever guaranteed.  The guy fumbles way too much.

You don't think the Bombers would have interest in adding a CFL all-star??   Because we signed a CFL cast-off and an NFL cast-off?  Don't get me wrong, MSW and Kelly could definitely succeed here, but your reasoning is so flawed it is painful.  Winnipeg is and should be a testing ground for the rest of the season.  As many posters have said, throw a bunch of **** at the wall and see what sticks. 

You're saying we wouldn't want to bring Chris Williams in; because we've got 2 new receivers we haven't assessed yet, and we are satisfied with Pierce and Denmark?

Wait what?  This isn't Mack we're talking about.  We would scoop him up in a heartbeat.  Even Mack would sign him given the opportunity, actually.

No, Mack would say that he's not interested. That he doesn't believe other team's free agents are worth pursuing because we'd overpay for their true value & that he's happy with the players he's got.