Big Ben Available

GCn20

Good call on the Stamps. Thing is how much $ did guys like Cornish get upfront?

Corndog must be making pretty decent money we can assume. He is near the end, so the Stamps could free up some money there for Jones or Heenan. They'll get one of them I think. Riders will get the other, however I'd like to get them both.

Riders will have massive cap space with all the big names on their 6 game IR (Durant, Glenn etc..).

While Durants salary won't count against the cap I heard he had a sizeable bonus that will
Rumor is DD got 200k up front
That's stil close to $300k not counting against the cap.

I could be wrong but thought he was in the low 400"s like 425'ish. Your right about the money savings but I'd rather DD on the field than save the money. Been a tough year so far without him

Riders will have massive cap space with all the big names on their 6 game IR (Durant, Glenn etc..).

While Durants salary won't count against the cap I heard he had a sizeable bonus that will

I could be wrong but thought he was in the low 400"s like 425'ish. Your right about the money savings but I'd rather DD on the field than save the money. Been a tough year so far without him
I read his last contract made him the highest paid QB right around $500k per season.

I read his last contract made him the highest paid QB right around $500k per season.

As with many things its hard to know who to believe as the salaries are not disclosed. Lisa Schick reported the contract DD signed a week after the grey cup victory was for 190k with 225k bonus up front. Less than the 450 Lulay was making. That was for the 2014 season. I don't know what he made this year. Rumor was he got 200 up front this year. So you may be right, I have no idea. One thing we do know is its a lot of money when the guy isn't playing.

Well, with Drew gone for at least six weeks, we can take the 90 grand of cap space it clears up (33% of his 275K salary) and apply it to whatever offer Heenan would have gotten. If he's available for the last six or seven games of the season, see if we wants to come here for that amount.

Well, with Drew gone for at least six weeks, we can take the 90 grand of cap space it clears up (33% of his 275K salary) and apply it to whatever offer Heenan would have gotten. If he's available for the last six or seven games of the season, see if we wants to come here for that amount.

Agree here.

I don't think it's that easy either. You still have to replace Willy on the roster, and I'm sure he received some money up front. So you're probably looking at a lot less than 90k to throw at somebody.

Also, if he doesn't stick in the NFL, if we aren't in a playoff position why would he come here, when he could probably go somewhere for similar money and get a playoff cheque too.

Agree here.
Remember with Willy's restructured contract, he got a huge chunk this season in the form of a signing bonus. That counts towards the cap, even if he's injured.

Agree here.
Remember with Willy's restructured contract, he got a huge chunk this season in the form of a signing bonus. That counts towards the cap, even if he's injured.

What's paying the dollar-for-dollar in excess of the SMS? Riders do that all the time. ;)

And even it reach 100k, we dont have a first rounder to give up. :D:lol:

Agree here.

What's paying the dollar-for-dollar in excess of the SMS? Riders do that all the time. ;)

And even it reach 100k, we dont have a first rounder to give up. :D:lol:

If a team goes $100k over the cap, I believe they start to forfeit draft picks.

I sincerely doubt anyone is trading a backup QB to us.. Saskatchewan might work some magic in a few weeks once the playoff dream is fully dead..

Unless we go on a huge losing streak (again) and are willing to give up substantial goods in return, we are status quo or bringing in someone we have scouted.

Not to mention.. Crompton? Is he even worth trading a denmark and goose? A wagoneer and picks? Id rather just wait imo. We dont have ANY depth we can part with so we would be definitely hamstringing ourselves (unless its hurl and we give up national MLB for now)