Big Ben Available

GCn20

Yes, it is too bad for him. Having the opportunity to go to the NFL, and more importantly leave Saskatchewan, would have been a life changer. He still has the opportunity to accomplish half of that equation though. I would think whoever gets him will have to pay very, very handsomely though. Rumor in the offseason was that Big Ben was not willing to give Saskatchewan the home town discount and will be open to offers.

Riders will have massive cap space with all the big names on their 6 game IR (Durant, Glenn etc..).

While Durants salary won't count against the cap I heard he had a sizeable bonus that will

Pretty typical of Taman's cap management approach so it wouldn't surprise me.

Once he's healthy he may get a chance to re-sign with the Colts, and if not, he has 31 other teams to talk to.  That opportunity is gone as soon as he signs with a CFL team.  In 6 weeks the season is 2/3 done - prorated that puts $80k at most into his bank account and closes the door on the NFL for another few years.  Even if he doesn't get a sniff in the next few weeks, he will likely being giving some consideration to sitting out 2015 entirely, get totally back to 100%, and starting the NFL process again in December.

But to answer the question, yes, we should give his agent a call, cause you never know.

Riders will have massive cap space with all the big names on their 6 game IR (Durant, Glenn etc..). 

Don't you think their offence is not the greatest concern. To the time Glenn got hurt their offence was moving the ball quite well. If they take the NOW approach they won't be able to replace those that will leave because of age or FA. Oh, I forgot, Tamam.

Are we allowed to sign him to a contract for the rest of 2015, release him in the off-season so he can pursue the NFL again?

Technically, yes. Anyone can be released from a contract.. I think cfl might frown upon it but alas.

Are we allowed to sign him to a contract for the rest of 2015, release him in the off-season so he can pursue the NFL again?

Technically, yes. Anyone can be released from a contract.. I think cfl might frown upon it but alas.

If they did it, the player might remember the good will and coming at that point might be a boost to the Bombers at the right time.

All tweets ive seen are saying "back to riders.." Or something similar.. Is it wishful thinking or something we dont know?

Wishful thinking, unless the tweet came from Heenan.  Then it's definitely the latter.

He may very well end up signing a CFL contract by the end of the week.  But if he wanted to be playing in Canada, he could have done that in February.  Yes we all want him to be playing for us (whichever team is your "us"), but why would he be in a rush to do something that probably isn't in his best interest?

It's like the football equivalent of when a celebrity couple breaks up and the sexy people of the world are "back on the market".  Some doof in Pinawa gets excited because now he has a chance with Britney Spears.  Sure, yes you do.  But no, you don't.

Does he immediately give up on his football goals because of a somewhat minor and temporary injury?  I wouldn't.

Once he's healthy he may get a chance to re-sign with the Colts, and if not, he has 31 other teams to talk to.  That opportunity is gone as soon as he signs with a CFL team.  In 6 weeks the season is 2/3 done - prorated that puts $80k at most into his bank account and closes the door on the NFL for another few years.  Even if he doesn't get a sniff in the next few weeks, he will likely being giving some consideration to sitting out 2015 entirely, get totally back to 100%, and starting the NFL process again in December.

But to answer the question, yes, we should give his agent a call, cause you never know.

True enough that there may be more NFL interest in him. Although, not a lot was shown in the offseason except by the Colts, who if he were in their future plans would have just kept him. Almost zero chance he goes back to the Colts. They waived him, they didn't have to waive him. He's done there....and as I stated, they were the only NFL suitors for him in the offseason.

Heenan may not sign a contract in the next month with a CFL club, but if that phone doesn't ring by then, I would guess he will be happy to resume his CFL career as probably the highest paid O Lineman in the league.