Fifty Shades of Blues

LeBird

Everyone needs to remember that rookie QBs who have never been seen before almost always to a T perform beyond what everyone expects with the exception being rarer then the norm. Just about every season we see or witness ourselves a rookie QB go to town on a prepared defense..

Brohm has been in the league for awhile now AND people know he is a willy clone and that he will be in the pocket and not besting you with his feet.

So comparing the two is pretty pointless really.

That's great news SPUDS because we've now got film on Cato so we should be able to make him look like Brohm this week.  I expect he'll start throwing the ball at the receiver's feet instead of on the numbers and will forget how to handle the blitz.  Should be pretty easy to beat Montreal now. (It's sarcasm in case you didn't pick up on that)

How is that irrelevant? This is what is happening now. This management was here last year too. It's all a part of the overall frustration of fans. They really only see their team win on the road. The bombers are lucky all we do is complain yet continue to spend the money.

The thing I hate about statements like the ones you're making, is you make it seem like they WANT to lose. Like they aren't trying as hard as they can to win, and doing everything they can to win.

You don't think these guys are desperate to win?? What more can they do than everything possible...??

If that's what we get when they're trying their best, we're in trouble. You could see we were done in the 2nd quarter.

And in pro sports, 'doing your best' isn't goof enough. This isn't kindergarten

http://youtu.be/w3UQwyKrTtI

Everyone remember how good Troy Smith looked in Montreal when no one had the book on him and how useless he was after that? Once CFL teams know how to stop a guy he doesn't have that rookie success forever. 

Cato got an opportunity and made the most of it.  He gets an A+ for his debut.  He could as easily have stepped in and crapped the bed, and he didn't.  But there was no way Calgary's defence practised a Cato-based gameplan in the three days prior.

Too early to anoint Cato as the heir to Calvillo, but apparently Cato had a grand total of one week to learn the playbook and his teammates, so that tells me that O'Shea's excuse for Brohm's sub-par performance Thursday that Brohm didn't have enough reps is verging on an insult to the intelligence of fans.

As I've made clear I'm no fan of Brohm, but on the other hand, it could also be a credit to the coaching in Montreal for Cato's success by good game-planning, while Brohm's poor performance was based in the bad play-calling of our OC.  Brohm was bad, but the plays he was forced to run were just awful too.

Brohm missed several wide open passes where he had time and space to deliver the ball properly...

Well, Cato is in only his 2nd start as a pro.....it is up to us to make him look like a rookie.  Hall has to find a way to get some heat and different looks on this guy.  We also need a better job in the trenches.   Given Hall's experience and the "projected" improvement of our new guys on D, no reason why this should not be possible.

Well, Cato is in only his 2nd start as a pro.....it is up to us to make him look like a rookie.  Hall has to find a way to get some heat and different looks on this guy.  We also need a better job in the trenches.   Given Hall's experience and the "projected" improvement of our new guys on D, no reason why this should not be possible.

Again, I think there is a really good reason, and that's that it's going to take time for this defense to come together, and with the new rules in place, it's effecting a lot of teams. I just wanna see baby steps forward and am not expecting monumental things until Labour Day. I am fully willing to be patient with this defense as long as they show even a modicum of improvement from week to week. 

Again, I think there is a really good reason, and that's that it's going to take time for this defense to come together, and with the new rules in place, it's effecting a lot of teams. I just wanna see baby steps forward and am not expecting monumental things until Labour Day. I am fully willing to be patient with this defense as long as they show even a modicum of improvement from week to week.
I think Labour Day will be too late to assess this edition of the Bombers. Last year, we knew by mid-August that the players would be booking flights home in October.

as long as they  show SOME progress from week to week, I set mid-season as the time when I'd like to see it looking "complete"...and then be fully humming like a diesel engine by playoff time.

How is that irrelevant? This is what is happening now. This management was here last year too. It's all a part of the overall frustration of fans. They really only see their team win on the road. The bombers are lucky all we do is complain yet continue to spend the money.

The thing I hate about statements like the ones you're making, is you make it seem like they WANT to lose. Like they aren't trying as hard as they can to win, and doing everything they can to win. 

You don't think these guys are desperate to win?? What more can they do than everything possible...??

Considering they are trying to build a competitive team , their best "Max Hall" try hard effort isn't cutting it at home.  It's the blow outs that drive me crazy, I could actually take more solace in Sask.'s record of 0-2 knowing that at least they were competitive in both games and had a chance to win. 

Many assured us that the pre-season game against Hamilton meant nothing, while others were quite sure that that they heard the ticking of a bomb before it went off.