Fifty Shades of Blues

LeBird

Normally after a game like Thursday.....would say that some players on on the spot.  In my book, so are some coaches......

Now .. just to open a line of discussion .. would you suggest then (if a few coaches are on the hot seat) that O'Shea is as well?  If for no other reason than he hand picked / hired these guys?

I said it before the season started and I said it after they just beat Hamilton. I don't think Calgary is as good as everyone thinks this year. They lost a lot of good players in the off season. That being said I don't think our Blue are that much improved either :(

After watching a bit of the hammy game and most of last night I have to agree with you... but it is only week 2... it literally takes half a season before we get a true grasp on every team in the CFL
The number of hot starts turning to crappy falls we've had recently, I'm more than happy to sit and wait for a team to play .500 ball as it grows together and starts to click around Labour Day. People really gotta chill. This site sucks after a loss....

Are fans supposed to be happy after a blowout loss at home? Even when this loss is just all more of the same from this team? Just saying...this really is justified though. I really wish it wasn't.

When you're 4-15 at home in a new stadium, I think it's fine to criticize. Seems the brass are not too worried about providing a quality product to their fans. Hard to be excited for home games when we're a joke at home. It's not the losses, it's the blowouts where it looks like the team gives up.

I said it before the season started and I said it after they just beat Hamilton. I don't think Calgary is as good as everyone thinks this year. They lost a lot of good players in the off season. That being said I don't think our Blue are that much improved either :(

After watching a bit of the hammy game and most of last night I have to agree with you... but it is only week 2... it literally takes half a season before we get a true grasp on every team in the CFL
The number of hot starts turning to crappy falls we've had recently, I'm more than happy to sit and wait for a team to play .500 ball as it grows together and starts to click around Labour Day. People really gotta chill. This site sucks after a loss....
Are fans supposed to be happy after a blowout loss at home? Even when this loss is just all more of the same from this team? Just saying...this really is justified though. I really wish it wasn't.

When you're 4-15 at home in a new stadium, I think it's fine to criticize. Seems the brass are not too worried about providing a quality product to their fans. Hard to be excited for home games when we're a joke at home. It's not the losses, it's the blowouts where it looks like the team gives up.

This is incredibly irrelevant to today.  What do you want them to do?  Build a time machine and win some of those games?  All they can do is work their asses off to win the next one.  Bringing that up is meaningless to the team practicing today.

How is that irrelevant? This is what is happening now. This management was here last year too. It's all a part of the overall frustration of fans. They really only see their team win on the road. The bombers are lucky all we do is complain yet continue to spend the money.

How is that irrelevant? This is what is happening now. This management was here last year too. It's all a part of the overall frustration of fans. They really only see their team win on the road. The bombers are lucky all we do is complain yet continue to spend the money.

The thing I hate about statements like the ones you're making, is you make it seem like they WANT to lose. Like they aren't trying as hard as they can to win, and doing everything they can to win. 

You don't think these guys are desperate to win?? What more can they do than everything possible...??

The thing I hate about statements like the ones you're making, is you make it seem like they WANT to lose. Like they aren't trying as hard as they can to win, and doing everything they can to win. 

You don't think these guys are desperate to win?? What more can they do than everything possible...??

This is the problem in a nutshell- if you think that the players did as good as they could against Hamilton, the team is in big trouble.

This is the problem in a nutshell- if you think that the players did as good as they could against Hamilton, the team is in big trouble.

I honestly believe those guys were trying as hard as they could...

The thing I hate about statements like the ones you're making, is you make it seem like they WANT to lose. Like they aren't trying as hard as they can to win, and doing everything they can to win.  You don't think these guys are desperate to win?? What more can they do than everything possible...??

Hey, you changed his wording from "trying as hard as they can" to "players did as good as they could."

No fair. Because there is a difference.

Too early to anoint Cato as the heir to Calvillo, but apparently Cato had a grand total of one week to learn the playbook and his teammates, so that tells me that O'Shea's excuse for Brohm's sub-par performance Thursday that Brohm didn't have enough reps is verging on an insult to the intelligence of fans.

Cato had more than a week. He was signed in May and went through TC with them. He wasn't on the active roster until after Crompton and LeFevour were injured.

Too early to anoint Cato as the heir to Calvillo, but apparently Cato had a grand total of one week to learn the playbook and his teammates, so that tells me that O'Shea's excuse for Brohm's sub-par performance Thursday that Brohm didn't have enough reps is verging on an insult to the intelligence of fans.

Cato had more than a week. He was signed in May and went through TC with them. He wasn't on the active roster until after Crompton and LeFevour were injured.

Regardless he had much less time to learn the game ,the offense ,and practice yet completely outplayed Brohm.

My issue with Brohm was more so his inability to throw the ball under pressure.

Regardless he had much less time to learn the game ,the offense ,and practice yet completely outplayed Brohm.

Congratulations, you've won the worst comparison of the month award. Your prize - free membership at Riderfans.com. where they do that all the time.

Congratulations, you've won the worst comparison of the month award. Your prize - free membership at Riderfans.com. where they do that all the time.
Actually a pretty fair coparision if Brohm isn't totally comfortable with our offense after being here as our backup Qb for over a year how long does he need? Cato wasn't even second string.

MB is that you? Brohm reminds me of Brink... Lots of chances, decent amount of experience yet he could never get the job done.

Your comment is rider fan like with your blind love for a guy who has done nothing so far aside from disappoint.

He hasn't even really shown any glimmer of hope. I'm sure Marve isnt going to be the next Flutie but at least with his limited time he has shown something or at least potential upside.

The thing I hate about statements like the ones you're making, is you make it seem like they WANT to lose. Like they aren't trying as hard as they can to win, and doing everything they can to win.  You don't think these guys are desperate to win?? What more can they do than everything possible...??

Hey, you changed his wording from "trying as hard as they can" to "players did as good as they could."

No fair. Because there is a difference.

There may be a shading of difference, but if so, it is minute. If this is the best the players can do, we are still hooped. What is it? Are the players not good enough? Was it a bad game plan? Are the players not listening?

Actually a pretty fair coparision if Brohm isn't totally comfortable with our offense after being here as our backup Qb for over a year how long does he need? Cato wasn't even second string.

MB is that you? Brohm reminds me of Brink... Lots of chances, decent amount of experience yet he could never get the job done.

Your comment is rider fan like with your blind love for a guy who has done nothing so far aside from disappoint.

He hasn't even really shown any glimmer of hope. I'm sure Marve isnt going to be the next Flutie but at least with his limited time he has shown something or at least potential upside.

Two more awards coming up for you gentlemen.

I'm not not comparing Cato to Brohm. That could be saved for another thread or two.

I was referring to the fact that Cato had 1st string reps for an unsuspecting Calgary team, and a very good game plan at that, while Brohm was thrown in the game with little or no reps against a team that is fully aware of how to pressure him.

Kudos to Mr Cato, but if the situations were reversed, methinks he wouldn't be getting all that love.

If that's what we get when they're trying their best, we're in trouble. You could see we were done in the 2nd quarter.

And in pro sports, 'doing your best' isn't goof enough. This isn't kindergarten

Did you even watch Cato play? Guy was throwing darts against a cal d that held hammy the week before. The same hammy team that killed us. This from a straight from college kid with limited pro experience.The most we are gonna get outta 29 year old Brohm with 1000 reps is an average qb at best. It's not about the reps it's about the talent.

Cato, straight out of college had 1 TC + a week of practice in Montreal.  Brohm's had 2 TC's, a full season of practice in Winnipeg, plus a year in Hamilton, plus Las Vegas, plus Buffalo, plus Green Bay.  Huge difference in the amount of experience each has.

Yup....more excusemeistering, here.  In addition, Marve has a lot less experience than Brohm, and has outplayed him, this year and last......

I see that we're still comparing QBs and not the same game situations that the QB.s were in.

How so? Calgary blitzed Cato just as much. The difference was that Cato could run and could throw the ball to the receiver rather then skipping it on the ground.

Also I believe Bridge was sharing reps with the first team offense and most of the media thought he was going to start. Cato was a last minute decision.

Everyone needs to remember that rookie QBs who have never been seen before almost always to a T perform beyond what everyone expects with the exception being rarer then the norm. Just about every season we see or witness ourselves a rookie QB go to town on a prepared defense..

Brohm has been in the league for awhile now AND people know he is a willy clone and that he will be in the pocket and not besting you with his feet.

So comparing the two is pretty pointless really.