[MERGED] Pre-Season Game 2 (Depth Chart etc)

Noeller

I think Normand gets on instead of Lattanzio and out of that list ... I have no idea who sits. Thomas? Briggs?

We're actually suddenly pretty deep.

I could see them sitting one of Richards, Waggoner (the two green-horns) or Thomas.

It's possible we see Normand instead of Lattanzio. Going by versatility Lattanzio may win out, especially if they sit Thomas.

Look forward to seeing how our team performs in a game. Cats will be no push over. They are a good team but they have a lot of injuries. I agree Richards and Waggoner could sit when the roster shakes out. Didn't OShea say they would look at keeping Santella depending on how things work in other positions? Hang time even more important with the new rules. Thinking they like Burnett who has a chance to play his way onto the roster with a good game tomorrow.

I think Normand gets on instead of Lattanzio and out of that list ... I have no idea who sits. Thomas? Briggs?

We're actually suddenly pretty deep.

I could see them sitting one of Richards, Waggoner (the two green-horns) or Thomas.

It's possible we see Normand instead of Lattanzio. Going by versatility Lattanzio may win out, especially if they sit Thomas.

Look forward to seeing how our team performs in a game. Cats will be no push over. They are a good team but they have a lot of injuries. I agree Richards and Waggoner could sit when the roster shakes out. Didn't OShea say they would look at keeping Santella depending on how things work in other positions? Hang time even more important with the new rules. Thinking they like Burnett who has a chance to play his way onto the roster with a good game tomorrow.

Yep still a lot to decide...especially on the Import side. Some surprises too.  My list is likely going to be wrong, I just wanted to get all of this out in front of us for discussion. :)

I tend to think Waggoner might get the call due to versatility and Thomas may be the guy sitting... or Briggs, but I know they like him a lot too...

It will be interesting to see the week 1 depth chart... so nice not desperately struggling to find seven nats decent enough to start on game day!  

I'm not sure if Tyler  will accept a PR spot. He may be hidden into the 1 game IR for depth.

Dile on the other hand, should be cut. He's just a waste of roster spot.

I'll put Collins (or Harlan) on the 21 and put Richardson on the PR.

I tend to think Waggoner might get the call due to versatility and Thomas may be the guy sitting... or Briggs, but I know they like him a lot too...

It will be interesting to see the week 1 depth chart... so nice not desperately struggling to find seven nats decent enough to start on game day!  

I would think they will sit Richards, not sure if he is game-ready ?

For the first time in a long time, I don't think depth will be a key problem for us in 2015.  We're starting 10 Canadians tomorrow... we have capable Canadian backups for all 3 interior OL positions (Goossen for all 3, Neufeld/Chungh for either G position).  And although it's pretty much acknowledged that Newman and Sherman won't start; an injury to Westerman won't hoop us, as we've still got Bucknor on D as our 7th CDN, and capable players in Newman and Sherman.

We also should have the flexibility to start EITHER Kohlert or JFG/Bastien if we want to play Moore, Denmark, Darvin, and Jhomo (or Clemons). 

Walters and his team have done a really great job retooling in about a year and a half on the job.

That, and we have Ivan Brown behind Westerman on the depth chart

I guess, Yantz fate depends on what's the Bomber's plan on Marve and Portis.

It is possible that their plan @ #4 has been Jordan Yantz all along and that the battle for a QB position has been between Marve and Portis.

Keeping a qb you're not giving reps to? That just seems a dumb idea when trying to develop a player. 

It is possible that their plan @ #4 has been Jordan Yantz all along and that the battle for a QB position has been between Marve and Portis.

Keeping a qb you're not giving reps to? That just seems a dumb idea when trying to develop a player. 

Yantz will get enough practice reps if he's #4.

But that's just the point.

If you've decided to make him your 4th QB already, then you have to make a decision on the other 2 QBs..which one to keep..

How? By splitting their reps and seeing how they do.

Yantz gets his work in practice and his development, as a CFL-ready QB, may not be as far behind as some think.

Is it a dumb idea, or forward thinking?

It's a theory.

If I had to predict the 44 man roster today ...

QB - Willy, Brohm, Marve

RB - Cotton, Normand

FB - Pontbriand

REC - Moore, Denmark, Adams, Gordon, Kohlert, Feoli-Gudino, Richards, Bastien

OL - Bryant, Greaves, Picard, Chungh, Daniels, Goossen

DL - Westerman, Turner, Anderson, Peach, Gibson, I. Brown, Collins

LB - Hurl, Wright, Randle, Waggoner, Newman, Briggs

DB - Adams, Washington, Richardson, Bucknor, Jones, Unamba

S - Leggett, Sherman

K - Hajrullahu

LS - Rempel

KR - Stoudermire (whoever wins the job will go here until he's healthy - maybe Anderson? or maybe they split between Cotton/Gordon and dress a guy like Cameron Marshall also)

QB - Willy, Brohm, Marve

RB - Cotton, Normand

FB - Pontbriand

S - Leggett, Sherman

K - Hajrullahu

LS - Rempel

KR - Stoudermire (whoever wins the job will go here until he's healthy - maybe Anderson? or maybe they split between Cotton/Gordon and dress a guy like Cameron Marshall also)

The Bombers should just announce this roster already. I don't know what they are waiting for.

QB - Willy, Brohm, Marve

RB - Cotton, Normand

FB - Pontbriand

S - Leggett, Sherman

K - Hajrullahu

LS - Rempel

The Bombers should just announce this roster already. I don't know what they are waiting for.

i dont see them not carrying a 2nd Import running back, especially one that can return like anderson.

QB - Willy, Brohm, Marve

RB - Cotton, Normand

FB - Pontbriand

S - Leggett, Sherman

K - Hajrullahu

LS - Rempel

You think they will have Normand at RB? When they drafted him I was hoping he could be the "thunder" back that everyone keeps mentioning. He's a similar size to Messam, might be useful to wear down defences and then change pace with either Cotton or Anderson (whoever is left standing after cuts). What do you think?

But that's just the point.

If you've decided to make him your 4th QB already, then you have to make a decision on the other 2 QBs..which one to keep..

How? By splitting their reps and seeing how they do.

Yantz gets his work in practice and his development, as a CFL-ready QB, may not be as far behind as some think.

Is it a dumb idea, or forward thinking?

It's a theory.

I just don't see it as a good idea at all. There is no benefit to a canadian qb so why decide on a guy who is likely behind the others in terms of development anyway and not give him reps? What if it turns out he's a terrible qb at this level? Wouldn't it be better to figure that out now than in the event they ever get that far down the depth chart? If they made that decision it's a bad decision. 

That's a possibility I guess. It appears that Janz will dress on Friday night. With Willie getting the first half, that leaves little time for the others to battle it out, and virtually no time for Janz. I'm thinking if he doesn't play, then he will either be cut or put on the PR if there's room.

It's a theory.

I just don't see it as a good idea at all. There is no benefit to a canadian qb so why decide on a guy who is likely behind the others in terms of development anyway and not give him reps? What if it turns out he's a terrible qb at this level?

Who is behind whom in terms of development though?

The guy who has played Canadian football his whole career? Or the 3rd choice amongst our QBs, whose had at least 2 years to learn and develop his game and has not developed?

And as to the 2nd part of your question, just how many QBs have we've seen and hoped would turn out?...and they were terrible? Too many to even mention.

Wouldn't it be better to figure that out now than in the event they ever get that far down the depth chart? If they made that decision it's a bad decision.

We're talking about the 4th person development position here, and to me, taking that decision path is no different than keeping Joe QB-Star from Turn-'em-out University who will not play Pro ball at any level.

That's a possibility I guess. It appears that Janz will dress on Friday night. With Willie getting the first half, that leaves little time for the others to battle it out, and virtually no time for Janz. I'm thinking if he doesn't play, then he will either be cut or put on the PR if there's room.
Aside from assigning him a different name to throw off the opposing teams, I can see the Bombers following the traditional path and releasing the Canadian QB (Yantz) because...well what's the point, right?

But the Bombers and Walters/O'Shea are working a little differently than others we've seen and I can dare to dream.

The only thing that gives me pause and makes me wonder if they'd keep Yantz is that Walters/MOS have a major jones-ing for NIs. If they could start an entire roster of Canadians, they'd do it, just to prove a point. Hell, their talk today of starting 9 NIs possible, terrifies me...

Aside from assigning him a different name to throw off the opposing teams, I can see the Bombers following the traditional path and releasing the Canadian QB (Yantz) because...well what's the point, right?

But the Bombers and Walters/O'Shea are working a little differently than others we've seen and I can dare to dream.

You know I feel that these guys are different. My daughter used to work in the stadium kitchen and O'Shea asked her how the players treated her at the buffet lines. He explained to her that how the players treat staff tells a lot about players. (my daughter says that eating meat is usually on the players mind). The previous coach she never saw.  

You know I feel that these guys are different. My daughter used to work in the stadium kitchen and O'Shea asked her how the players treated her at the buffet lines. He explained to her that how the players treat staff tells a lot about players. (my daughter says that eating meat is usually on the players mind). The previous coach she never saw.  

That's a really neat story, for sure...and shows a lot about MOS. On the other end of the spectrum, I've heard of at least one business-side staffer who's quit because of Wade, fwiw....

It's a theory.

I just don't see it as a good idea at all. There is no benefit to a canadian qb so why decide on a guy who is likely behind the others in terms of development anyway and not give him reps? What if it turns out he's a terrible qb at this level?

The guy who has played Canadian football his whole career? Or the 3rd choice amongst our QBs, whose had at least 2 years to learn and develop his game and has not developed?

And as to the 2nd part of your question, just how many QBs have we've seen and hoped would turn out?...and they were terrible? Too many to even mention.

Wouldn't it be better to figure that out now than in the event they ever get that far down the depth chart? If they made that decision it's a bad decision.

We're talking about the 4th person development position here, and to me, taking that decision path is no different than keeping Joe QB-Star from Turn-'em-out University who will not play Pro ball at any level.

But doesn't that just prove how hard it is to play quarterback in the CFL? Why hand a guy a position when he is likely less talented than the other qbs you have? You shouldn't be giving people jobs without letting them showcase themselves against their peers. 

QB - Willy, Brohm, Marve

RB - Cotton, Normand

FB - Pontbriand

S - Leggett, Sherman

K - Hajrullahu

LS - Rempel

You think they will have Normand at RB? When they drafted him I was hoping he could be the "thunder" back that everyone keeps mentioning. He's a similar size to Messam, might be useful to wear down defences and then change pace with either Cotton or Anderson (whoever is left standing after cuts). What do you think?

I think Normand is going to end up being more of an H-Back type.

I think the Bombers will have Cotton and Marshall on the roster to start the season.

It's a theory.

But doesn't that just prove how hard it is to play quarterback in the CFL? Why hand a guy a position when he is likely less talented than the other qbs you have? You shouldn't be giving people jobs without letting them showcase themselves against their peers. 

IF they already feel Yantz can develop @#4 and, is at least equal to the other 2 options, wouldn't it make sense for the other 2 ???'s to fight for the #3 spot in the very limited time they already have?

And If you're going to be given jobs based on only a few series, really, what's the difference?

Likely less talented?

Probably so, in the American version of "I'm the QB" but again, so many 'more talented' QBs have gone by the wayside.

I would love to have seen a battle, in Blue and Gold, with Nat. QB vs. the Imp QBs. - using the same offence.

That would have told me more.

In any case, we can at least discuss this fairy tale dream…before Saturday's cuts, unless they have already made their decisions, in which case..it doesn't really matter.