[MERGED] TC Report - Day 7

Sounds there will some hard decisions to make at receiver and DB positions- maybe linebacker as well. Would be nice if Richards would be able to get onto the field- he is losing valuable time here to make the team as a starter.

I'm sitting beside Zach Anderson's GF and am hearing way more than I wanted to know about his personal life.

Important for future contract negotiation, is she from Wpg.?

She seemed to have quite a few friends here in Winnipeg, but I didn't ask directly where she's from. I'm back home now as it started raining pretty good at practice.

I left after the first session... here's a few of my thoughts from skelly/scrimmage.... take them for what they're worth (not much)

- Willy is clearly the best QB we have (not that that's really in question)... Brohm is no lock for the #2 spot, I thought Marve was the second best QB today.... Portis is impressively mobile but was inaccurate in his throwing

- Anderson and Scott both had a couple nice runs

- D-line looks intense and very vocal, like what I see from them

- JFG continues to make impressive catches and appears to have no fear running across the middle... he could certainly be the "next Watson"

- Hurl took most first team reps at MLB... would like to see Denicos Allen there a bit

- I thought Stoudemire looked a little over-matched at field HB

- Gordon has impressive wheels, could be a nice deep threat

- really impressed by Hijrullahu's leadership on teams

- Darvin Adams made a few nice catches

- Goossen and Collins (I think, I didn't actually see the DL's #) got into a bit of a scuffle.... was broken up quickly by teammates... good to see some aggression from the young man... Wylie was giving him **** for something earlier in practice, didn't really seem like a big deal but they were going back and forth for a bit

- Picard is a very vocal leader... seems guys really respect him

- Overall seemed like a good, intense practice... chatted with a few other Bomber fans that were there... possibly other people from this site??

Non-football thoughts from the morning

- Dom Picard seems to hate running sprints (can't really blame him)

- Paul Wicek appeared to be wearing women's Toms shoes

- I nailed the timing since it started to rain about a minute after I got in my car.

Hope you guys enjoyed my input...

I stayed right until the end, which O'Shea determined was right after 11:30.  Practiced a lot of special teams mostly in the second part of practice. Coverages on kickoffs and punts, game prep stuff. The QBs were done for the day before that, I want to say around 11:15 but I didn't check.

Sounds there will some hard decisions to make at receiver and DB positions- maybe linebacker as well. Would be nice if Richards would be able to get onto the field- he is losing valuable time here to make the team as a starter.

Richards likely will ( at best ) make the PR. Can't make the starting team when you don't go through training camp. I'm encouraged to hear that he was at least running a bit today and catching a few throws. And yes it sounds like the Bombers have a few decisions to make at receiver and DB.

Lots of Canadian players still in the hunt for starting jobs which I really like to see..

so Adams and Gordon probably giving the coaches thoughts on going with just 1 CDN receiver? Gonna be an interesting decision there, Adams sounds like he's very good but the wheels on Gordon and just his age and upside makes you think he's gotta stick around. 

Feoli-Gudino was doing great until he got stripped.  People seem to be haitin' on him though.  I don't see it.  He has been doing great at TC.

Sherman was no Leggett.

Darvin Adams was crazy.  Fast and Great catches.

Almost all special teams.

Cotton looks fast. He'll do better that Grigsby.

I was there for a bit. Adams looks good and so does Gordon. Johnny Adams as well. No way Richards get cut or even PR. I think the IR is more likely. Reaves looks very, very much like a project.

I do wonder with how Adams and Gordon have looked if we go 1 r, 3ol, 1dl, 1db, 1 lb for the NIs.

I was there for a bit. Adams looks good and so does Gordon. Johnny Adams as well. No way Richards get cut or even PR. I think the IR is more likely. Reaves looks very, very much like a project.

I do wonder with how Adams and Gordon have looked if we go 1 r, 3ol, 1dl, 1db, 1 lb for the NIs.

Another option is sending him back to school to get his degree.

I'll admit, this is the first time I've really followed the Bombers throughout the offseason (or any team for that matter) with a lot of interest. While we don't really know the severity of any of the injuries at this point, and it is still extremely early on, I can't decide if we should be a bit worried at this point or not. Seems like there are quite a few important guys sitting out, specifically on the O-line. I am hoping this is more of a precautionary decision just to make sure we are healthy for week 1.

I'll admit, this is the first time I've really followed the Bombers throughout the offseason (or any team for that matter) with a lot of interest. While we don't really know the severity of any of the injuries at this point, and it is still extremely early on, I can't decide if we should be a bit worried at this point or not. Seems like there are quite a few important guys sitting out, specifically on the O-line. I am hoping this is more of a precautionary decision just to make sure we are healthy for week 1.

I'm not worried about any of these injuries. They're all "veteran moves" just getting some rest so they're fresh for the regular season, or guys with very minor tweaks.