QB Jordan Yantz (undrafted camp invitee)

BigBlue

Id like to see this guy stick for many reasons.. Local boy, actually has some decent skills, athletic enough to be a "gimmick" guy and would be cool to be one of the few to show willingness to give a canadian QB. Chance..

He's from Regina... which last I checked doesn't qualify as local... also he has the skill to be an actual QB not just a gimmick guy like like we had a few years ago... what was that guy's name, Rustin Doltz? 

Are you being grumpy or just a bit hungry? Maybe you should have a candy bar.

Yantz can throw the ball on a rope 40 yards with great accuracy ... possibly the best arm in camp .... could be the next Russ Jackson .... he is also an elusive QB with good feet

Little known is he is a decent punter... defenses cannot play loose when he is punting cause he will burn them with his passing ability ... at least a backup punter special fake guy ... think higher than Bob Cameron: could be a starting QB in 3 years
:

I really wish the league would just go 22 Canadians and 22 "Internationals". Then 2 internationals on the reserve and 12 pr players (8 Int and 4 Canadians).

C'est la vie.

I really wish the league would just go 22 Canadians and 22 "Internationals". Then 2 internationals on the reserve and 12 pr players (8 Int and 4 Canadians).

C'est la vie.

I wish we would add 5 or 6 junior Canadian spots to the roster and develop them over 2-3 years

@CFL_News: Brendan Taman said #Riders tried to put @Yantz16 on their neg list but were beat to the punch by #Bombers. #CFL via @HomeOfTheFans

Just think, if he hadn't had that steak and cheese sub toasted...
lol Taman really worked up an appetite during the draft. He really needed that footlong before working on the Riders neg list.

Just my take

Know there has been a lot of talk about this issue since the draft, first off as a person who played in the cis and now coach I love the opportunity these kids are getting in the league but I think we are still 5 to 7 years away from a legit kid who could start in the league.

The reason why I think this is the lack of reps/coaching the Canadian kids gets growing up from the High school range especially.  It is getting better tho especially in the coaching ranks but most QB don’t get a quality QB coach until they hit the Jr or CIS . Some high schools have great qb coaches but they are far and few between.

The biggest reason which is starting pick up steam finally for Canadian kids is the 7 on 7 game.  If you don’t know 7-on-7 football is a program that many high schools and middle schools run during the off-season. 7-on-7 is played without pads and receivers are downed by one-hand touch (there are no flags involved). 7-on-7 is also a passing only game - there are no offensive rushing plays and defenders cannot rush the quarterback. These kids are getting so many more reps all year. RR just started last year playing with a traveling team. Been really run in States since 1998. This is such a great tool to develop young qbs and get them a ton of reps.

Just my take

Know there has been a lot of talk about this issue since the draft, first off as a person who played in the cis and now coach I love the opportunity these kids are getting in the league but I think we are still 5 to 7 years away from a legit kid who could start in the league.

The reason why I think this is the lack of reps/coaching the Canadian kids gets growing up from the High school range especially.  It is getting better tho especially in the coaching ranks but most QB don’t get a quality QB coach until they hit the Jr or CIS . Some high schools have great qb coaches but they are far and few between.

The biggest reason which is starting pick up steam finally for Canadian kids is the 7 on 7 game.  If you don’t know 7-on-7 football is a program that many high schools and middle schools run during the off-season. 7-on-7 is played without pads and receivers are downed by one-hand touch (there are no flags involved). 7-on-7 is also a passing only game - there are no offensive rushing plays and defenders cannot rush the quarterback. These kids are getting so many more reps all year. RR just started last year playing with a traveling team. Been really run in States since 1998. This is such a great tool to develop young qbs and get them a ton of reps.

Micheal O'Conner the Penn St. transfer to UBC may be the guy he spent his high school days in the states.

They brought Yantz in last year and he didn't look out of place as a QB. I think he might surprise some people.

At camp in 2013 I woulda ranked him 2nd behind only Buck... Buck, Yantz, Hall, Goltz, Chase something (I forget the guy's name) ... then again, there wasn't much to be excited about that year...

Just my take

Micheal O'Conner the Penn St. transfer to UBC may be the guy he spent his high school days in the states.

Like the kid alot but still 5 years away, how the hell did ubc get him is my biggest question still lol

They brought Yantz in last year and he didn't look out of place as a QB. I think he might surprise some people.

At camp in 2013 I woulda ranked him 2nd behind only Buck... Buck, Yantz, Hall, Goltz, Chase something (I forget the guy's name) ... then again, there wasn't much to be excited about that year...

Chase Clement.

Chase Clement.

Yeah there wasn't too much memorable about him.... I'm sure he's a nice guy though  :)

Chase Clement.

Yeah there wasn't too much memorable about him.... I'm sure he's a nice guy though  :)

Your mom seems to think so.

Sorry, that was supposed to read "His mom seems to think so."

Not sure which of these buttons will allow me to go back up and make the appropriate changes.  "Num Lock"?  Is that it?  I've only had this computer for 6 months.  I'll keep looking.  Might have to call tech support.  I'd hate to leave something so needlessly inflammatory up there for no reason.

Chase Clement.

Your mom seems to think so.

Sorry, that was supposed to read "His mom seems to think so."

Not sure which of these buttons will allow me to go back up and make the appropriate changes.  "Num Lock"?  Is that it?  I've only had this computer for 6 months.  I'll keep looking.  Might have to call tech support.  I'd hate to leave something so needlessly inflammatory up there for no reason.

Isn't that the whole raison d'etre for the website?