Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

So i guess 10 Cloverfield Lane is a sequel to Cloverfield according to the trailer info.  guess its more of just a secondary story.  dubbed monster that came in many forms.  the roar at the end too is kinda the spoiler in that regard.

I actually dont mind when movies that originally were in POV format (blair witch for example) make a sequel thats normal,  especially in a case like this,  Id like to see the clover field monster(s) more accurately then choppy shaky cam split seconds of it this time around

4 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

So i guess 10 Cloverfield Lane is a sequel to Cloverfield according to the trailer info.  guess its more of just a secondary story.  dubbed monster that came in many forms.  the roar at the end too is kinda the spoiler in that regard.

What are you hearing at the end?

I read these books when I was a kid and loved the old TV series. I vote for melissa Gilbert to play Mrs Ingalls

(The Hollywood Reporter)The "Little House on the Prairie" movie project has landed at Paramount.

The adaptation of the iconic TV series was previously in development at Sony, which picked it up in 2012 with Scott Rudin attached to produce. The title was put into turnaround last year.

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

Oooh, a Cloverfield sequel. I'm intrigued.

Deadpool got five stars in the Sun this morning. Needless to say, I'm excited to see it. :D

I wouldnt get too excited about Cloverfield.  For starters, its JJ Abrams, who hasnt shown much ability to craft anything THAT good.And secondly, if I understand it correctly, this was a film that was written and made with NO connection to Cloverfield at all.  It eventually ended up in the lap of JJ and they decided to, after the fact, make it part of the Cloverfield universe.

And if there was any film that really didnt need a "universe" expansion, it was Cloverfield, which sucked.

4 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I wouldnt get too excited about Cloverfield.  For starters, its JJ Abrams, who hasnt shown much ability to craft anything THAT good.And secondly, if I understand it correctly, this was a film that was written and made with NO connection to Cloverfield at all.  It eventually ended up in the lap of JJ and they decided to, after the fact, make it part of the Cloverfield universe.

And if there was any film that really didnt need a "universe" expansion, it was Cloverfield, which sucked.

That's why I'm merely intrigued, not excited. ;)

I did enjoy Cloverfield to a degree, but it certainly didn't blow me away by any means.

Cloverfield was one of those movies i went into the theater completely unknown what i was going to see.  While Im not a big fan of POV movies, i did enjoy it for what it was. JJ abrams has done some decent movies, and given this film is more cinematique then POV/first person gives me hope it can be good. I like the idea of John Goodman as a psycho recluse.  he plays a good crazy

4 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Cloverfield was one of those movies i went into the theater completely unknown what i was going to see.  While Im not a big fan of POV movies, i did enjoy it for what it was. JJ abrams has done some decent movies, and given this film is more cinematique then POV/first person gives me hope it can be good. I like the idea of John Goodman as a psycho recluse.  he plays a good crazy

JJ is a good film maker.  But I dont think he's a good creative person.  Although I think he wriote Regarding Henry which doesnt really fit anything else he's done and was a good movie.  He seems like a decent "idea man" but not the best guy to execute.  And actually I'd say hes a very good film maker as far as how films look and feel.  If all he did was produce and direct other people's work, he'd be great.

Star Trek and Star Wars are good examples.  He went into Star Trek admitting he was a Star WARS fan and wanting to change Trek.  Both Trek films look great.  But the story-telling and direction?  Not so much.  He's even admitted, in the case of STID, that it had some script issues.

Star Wars, there were rumors he was butting heads with the studio because JJ is used to being the boss and with Star Wars he had rules to follow.  And I think Star Wars was very good.  Because JJ had rules and people looking over his shoulder and, kudos to him for this, bringing in Lawrence Kasdan to help write it.

Lost was both the greatest series ever and the worst series ever.  That first episode was unbelievable.  So thumbs up to JJ for the concept and early creative.  But it collapsed rapidly.

maybe this is a perfect type movie for him then,  doesnt really need to be creative in making the story, as the premise is pretty straight forward having a previous movie to bounce off of, and can just focus on making it look like the bees knees.  They definitely gave a lot of room to be imaginitive with the monster(s) in cloverfield not being necessarily 1 monster and one monster only

15 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

maybe this is a perfect type movie for him then,  doesnt really need to be creative in making the story, as the premise is pretty straight forward having a previous movie to bounce off of, and can just focus on making it look like the bees knees.  They definitely gave a lot of room to be imaginitive with the monster(s) in cloverfield not being necessarily 1 monster and one monster only

The Cloverfield sequel?  For sure, since it seems he had nothing to do with its creation at all.  He's taken it on as the distributor and maybe they made a couple of changed to loosely relate it to the original.

so deadpool did $135m opening weekend apparently breaking some records, not sure which ones though.  I just watched half of it on  a cam version,  seems more then worth checking out at the theaters.

curious to know if the buzz around deadpool had some influence on this;

Spawn: Todd McFarlane Says He Has Completed Script for Upcoming Film
"I've finished the script, and I'm in the process of editing," he told Comicbook.com. "It's 183 pages, and [producers] usually like 120."

11 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

so deadpool did $135m opening weekend apparently breaking some records, not sure which ones though.  I just watched half of it on  a cam version,  seems more then worth checking out at the theaters.

Definitely worth seeing.  The records it broke were best February opening & best opening for an R rated movie.

Also seeing a Stephen Kings "It" remake for 2017.  they got this kid pegged to play pennywise the clown

Will Poulter Picture

That movie scared me as a kid, but watching it again it was rather disappointing being a made for tv movie so they cut to commercial instead of showing gore and whatnot.  I hope they unleash the beast in a remake.

also saw some news Rob Zombie was teasing a 3rd installment of house of 1000 corpses/The Devil's Rejects.  which im a big fan of personally

On 12/02/2016 at 9:31 PM, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Actually i did not like the trailer so much. This perhaps should have been the 2nd  not 3rd trailer.

Sounds like Goodman to me. I suspect the only connection between this movie and Cloverfield is the word.

i had to watch this trailer again but i think it's more then just the cloverfield word association, but the monster come in many forms is just light on the split story of Goodman holding these people hostage and probably snapped from the chaos above ground

the ground above them shaking,  the end sequence roar, the "monster come in many forms" IE: not just the cloverfield monster(s) its a pretty safe bet its the sequel but if im wrong ill be sure to eat some crow lol