Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

I kept coming across a disturbing pic of sean connery on FB

Zardoz_zed.jpg

then watching an interview with a member of the band Ghost, they mentioned the movie Zardoz from 1974. so i watched it.

They were going on a little tare for a bit remaking a bunch of old movies I enjoyed,  The Time Machine, The Day The Earth Stood Still,  and other recreations like the novel War of The Worlds.  I'd totally watch a remake of this bad boy lol

2h31m! im always a little worried about long movies, I really hope its mostly the battle of superman vs batman.  not that i'd have a prob with it being half their battle half the build up for the justice league, but the movie is batman vs superman.

One thing marvel was good for was giving you little bits at the end of certain movies to tease you into excitement about the next, like the avengers, or currently the infinity saga. giving you too much right away might spoil some of that justice league build up.  Ive watched some easter egg clips from the trailers where aquaman n the flash are teased, but its veeeery low key, you'd have to freeze and really look close.  im sure the movie itself will be more obvious.

Then again im a little worried 2h31m of mainly superman vs batman might drag on.  ugh dont **** this up DC i still cant unwatch that stink that was the green lantern

OMG...this better not be another half hour fight between whoever like it was in MoS.  Uggh...that fight scene between the Kryptonians and Superman just went on forever.  Then the whole "must destroy the Earth shatterer" which was another whatever length of time.

See this it the problem I have with Zach.  He's the "more is better" kind of guy.  The "quantity over quality".  This is what worries me about this movie.  Yes action scenes are exciting, but once you've seen one building topple over, it gets boring after the 15th building falls...

1 hour ago, Logan007 said:

OMG...this better not be another half hour fight between whoever like it was in MoS.  Uggh...that fight scene between the Kryptonians and Superman just went on forever.  Then the whole "must destroy the Earth shatterer" which was another whatever length of time.

See this it the problem I have with Zach.  He's the "more is better" kind of guy.  The "quantity over quality".  This is what worries me about this movie.  Yes action scenes are exciting, but once you've seen one building topple over, it gets boring after the 15th building falls...

The biggest problem with the action/fight scenes in MoS was how they were filmed (created).  The ultra fast video game look was so tiresome after two minutes, let alone half of an hour.  I dont believe for one second that the destruction seen in MoS was done on purpose with an eye towards the sequel with respect to humanity feeling threatened by Superman.  I think they did it the way they wanted and then there was backlash to how unreal and unorganic it was and they made up a reason after the fact.

Because if it was the plan, you'd still be wise to slow the action down every so often to so the real result of the destruction on every day people.  And instead there was barely any impact on anyone on an emotional level.

My other concern... I think Ben Affleck can totally nail this.  But every time I see a clip, I see Ben Affleck.  Whereas when I saw clips of The Dark Knight films, I wasnt suddenly hit with "oh that's Christian Bale".  Maybe its just me...

Supposedly advanced screenings arent doing too well...

6 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

The biggest problem with the action/fight scenes in MoS was how they were filmed (created).  The ultra fast video game look was so tiresome after two minutes, let alone half of an hour.  I dont believe for one second that the destruction seen in MoS was done on purpose with an eye towards the sequel with respect to humanity feeling threatened by Superman.  I think they did it the way they wanted and then there was backlash to how unreal and unorganic it was and they made up a reason after the fact.

Because if it was the plan, you'd still be wise to slow the action down every so often to so the real result of the destruction on every day people.  And instead there was barely any impact on anyone on an emotional level.

My other concern... I think Ben Affleck can totally nail this.  But every time I see a clip, I see Ben Affleck.  Whereas when I saw clips of The Dark Knight films, I wasnt suddenly hit with "oh that's Christian Bale".  Maybe its just me...

Supposedly advanced screenings arent doing too well...

I don't know if its the way they did his hair or the greying they added to it, but when I see Ben Affleck, I actually think George Clooney, and that is a bad Batman history to resurrect.

I think it is the shot 33 seconds into that youtube video above that does it.

Rich - you sort of bring up another point which was the choice of Affleck for an "older" Batman.  A lot of the talk when Bale wasn't brought back was that they wanted an "older" Batman.  Affleck is one year older than Bale.  So TDK films are a Batman in his prime and this is an aged Batman?  That's just silly.  I realise their point was to cast a younger actor to play a 50 year old Batman with the idea of showing a 50 year old at peak physical condition but its hard to see him as "old" even with grey hair.

I would have given Bale anything he wanted.  And part of the reason why would be to keep the depth of the character and all that emotional baggage and history that comes with using a character we've seen for three films.  But Im sure part of the issue was Bale wanting input and it sounds like Affleck was willing to take a deal where he's play nicely this time and then get his own film(s) to write/direct in the DC universe.

51 minutes ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Have they made any connection with Afflects Batman/Bruce Wayne being the same as Bale's Batman/Bruce Wayne?  Obviously Cavill's Superman is the same Superman from MOS, and Bruce Wayne was also "there" for MOS,  but that doesnt necessarily mean it's TDK batsy

No, I believe its purposely not the same Batman.  Which annoys me.

The Wolverine 3: Film Loosely Based on 'Old Man Logan' Story, May Receive R Rating, Report Says
Filmmakers are targeting an R rating and Hugh Jackman's Logan character will fight Sabretooth in the upcoming film, as in the comic book story, Den of Geek reports.

Jackmans last time playing wolverine, and its supposed to be pretty violent bringing a R rating with it. Patrick Stewart is also reported to have agreed to be back as professor X

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

1 hour ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

The Ring Vs The Grudge

its in japanese but there will be an english version or at least subtitled version released in NA.  Did people really like these movies THAT much that this was necessary? maybe it was just me, but I thought these movies were boring as ****

Japan's version of Predator vs Alien.

I was a fan of both Predator and Alien movies, but not so much their mash up.  However in Predator 2 when Danny glover goes aboard the predators ship i believe there is an alien skull in the trophy case.  they did a nice job of giving subtle hints towards a mash up, The arcade at the time was ok, nothing great but i played it enough at Magic Land when that was still around.

The ring vs the grudge makes 0 sense to me, how it would work, how it would play out, nothing. why the hell would the ghost mom and meowing ghost kid in the grudge watch a movie, then do they get a call saying "you'll die....even more.... in 7 days lol