Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

yeah I know he did the poses in the end, the first one for sure, as he poses on the throne after killing James Earl Jones. (exact same way chronicles of riddick ended.. space conan) and like Riddick it wasnt for him. but i think in conan the destroyer the princess he saves asks him to be with her and rule by her side and he says no he wants to find his own kingdom.  i might have to watch again to see if he poses in that one too, but i dont remember him ever looking like this.  might have though.

reading the little article piece there has been a script for a while but trouble finding someone to direct it, but that might have been solved

6 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The Rock had his chance with the Rundown and never really backed it up with anything better.

Arnold waiting for the right director? Why is he getting picky now?

Really?  The Rock is a HUGE star.  He faltered for awhile because his management wanted to soften his image.  He got very thin for awhile and took "broader" roles.  He fired his management (his ex-wife Dany is his manager) and went back to being The Rock.  He's a box office draw.  Big time.

(CNN)With all the controversy over #OscarsSoWhite, now may not have been the best time to announce that a white actor has been cast as African-American pop star Michael Jackson.

According to The Guardian, Joseph Fiennes will play the late superstar in a made-for-TV drama to appear on the British channel Sky Arts. The TV movie centers around a fabled road trip in which Jackson, Elizabeth Taylor and Marlon Brando tried to get home to Los Angeles from New York after the September 11 terrorist attacks.

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Never even heard of that fabled road trip. Anyways...Ben Kingsley was Ghandi, thats all you need to say.

In this specific case of Michael Jackson, I can "see" it but man, what were they thinking.  Like, why bother doing that?  Just absurd.

The article goes on to complain about the backlash to the idea of Idris Elba playing James Bond.  There was very little backlash over Bendict Cumberbatch playing "Khan" (who was a Sikh character originally played by a Latino).

2 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

In this specific case of Michael Jackson, I can "see" it but man, what were they thinking.  Like, why bother doing that?  Just absurd.

The article goes on to complain about the backlash to the idea of Idris Elba playing James Bond.  There was very little backlash over Bendict Cumberbatch playing "Khan" (who was a Sikh character originally played by a Latino).

Not so sure. Cumber was the wrong choice for that role. He couldn't even shake his accent off.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

I seem to recall backlash but people love the Cumber so that kind of overshadowed it. That and no one knew who he was playing until the movie came out. If it was known he was Khan before shooting we might have got someone who at the very least...had a tan.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I seem to recall backlash but people love the Cumber so that kind of overshadowed it. That and no one knew who he was playing until the movie came out. If it was known he was Khan before shooting we might have got someone who at the very least...had a tan.

It was supposed to be Benicio Del Toro but he backed out at the last minute.  Probably after realising the film was going to suck.

the rock has a very hit and miss track record imo

Misses: Scorpion King, Doom, Tooth Fairy, The Rundown,  Walk Tall

take it or left it roles: Gi Joe: Retaliation, Be Cool, Hercules, San Andreas, Snitch, The other guys

Good roles; Fast n Furious 5, 6 and 7, Grind Iron Gang

** i dont think ill ever watch the "Journey" series,  and while I liked his role in the movie Pain & Gain with mark wahlberg, i can see alot of people being the opposite.

Interesting it's been announced he will be Hobbs again in a Fast 8.  dont know what they are gonna do with out Paul Walker

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

who was he in batman & robin? 

I liked Predator and Running Man, the rest are in the meh for me

i was actually talking with my old buddy rob yesterday about movies that need to be redone with todays CGI and acting, Running Man and Mortal Kombat were 2 we thumbed up, but MK needs to be gory like the game tho, Cage upper cutting a guys head off, Kano ripping out hearts...ect

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

It was a bit part, iirc... a guard at Arkham.  That was his last role before politics so he might have already been focused on that job.  He became good friends with Arnie during Predator so it might have just been Arnie doing his buddy a favor with that spot.

I didn't say they were good movies... just that they were big!  The Rock certainly has movies that rank worse than "meh" as well (Tooth Fairy comes to mind).