Upcoming Movies

Taynted_Fayth

4 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

Maybe I'm just thinking of my own 11 year old, who would rather watch shows like the walking dead rather than the flash, and kids do make up a huge $ cow for superhero movies both at the box office and beyond with their merch. I just don't see how violence alone can net an R-rated sticker anymore unless were talking its some kind of a gore fest. Maybe I too am just too desensitized to violence to view it as a OMG type of thing anymore,  then again i like movies like house of 1000 corpses and the devils rejects.

And I don't blame most parents, there just too much to censor to keep your kids unaware of all things in the world. a big thing is the internet. Hell my kid has been interested in the news and even politics for a few years.  I remember him asking me what would possess a guy like Vince Li to eat parts of some kid on the bus a few years after the fact. Am i supposed to ban him from watching the news? I do watch movies i think he might like ahead of time and make a conscience decision whether its suitable or not,  such as deadpool,  which i know he wants to watch really bad, but i said not till hes older. That won't stop him from seeing it one way or another, but I just won't be that access to seeing it.  I got in a lot of **** for letting him watch Zombieland when he was 8 - my thought process is when i was 8 i was already up to no good and thought he could handle it.  He could... but his mom thought otherwise, even though she lets him watch the child's play movies (hypocritical ***** lol). I did however learn a lesson in there that sometimes i gotta stop trying to be the cool buddy dad and more of a better choice dad and since have really tried to limit the negative stuff he's exposed to when around me.  But i can't compete with TV, the internet, print media and society (friends/school) and thats just life.  He's got quite the opinion on the american election and the garbage Trump spews out, is watching batman kick the crap out of someone really the worst thing that kids can see lol

** Speaking of Zombieland just read this

You let your 11 year old watch The Walking Dead?  Do you let him/her watch GoT too?

On ‎2016‎-‎02‎-‎22 at 1:53 PM, Taynted_Fayth said:
The Wolverine 3: Film Loosely Based on 'Old Man Logan' Story, May Receive R Rating, Report Says
Filmmakers are targeting an R rating and Hugh Jackman's Logan character will fight Sabretooth in the upcoming film, as in the comic book story, Den of Geek reports.

Jackmans last time playing wolverine, and its supposed to be pretty violent bringing a R rating with it. Patrick Stewart is also reported to have agreed to be back as professor X

I've read and own Old Man Logan.  It's good.  The only R rated thing about it is when he slaughters......people....don't want to spoil it.  There's no sex shown, only incest mentioned. (Hulk clan ewwww)

7 minutes ago, basslicker said:

You let your 11 year old watch The Walking Dead?  Do you let him/her watch GoT too?

I wish i watched the walking dead with him lol i always have to have him back at his moms by 7pm sunday night so hes there for TWD.  

I'd watch it ahead of time,  but after 6 seasons, TWD is pretty straight forward just a zombie show. he loves the make up and effects.  Having watched GoT i might be a product of what TUP says with violence being acceptable but nudity and sex scenes being a more restrictive. I dont think he'd like GoT tho tbh, it took me 3 attempts myself to get into the show

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

24 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Still dont get it.  If the option is for both a PG-13 and R rated film, what difference does it make?  Its not like they're talking about only releasing an R Rated version...

The point is that you shouldn't R rate something that shouldn't be R rated.  Batman and Superman and most of the DC hero's shouldn't be R rated.  That's not who they are.  There are a few anti-hero's like Lobo in DC.  But as far as this goes, why R rate it?  To me that's just Zach trying to make another gimmick to sell things.  You don't R rate something just for the sake of R rating it.  It just shows me that Snyder is an idiot.

I thought Snyder when on record in liking how deadpool was done, and the R-rating it got.  IMO it sounded like if BvS was to be produced again,  it would have been R-rated only.  but since it was likely done filming as PG-13 prior to Feb 12th, Deadpools success likely just had some influence on him getting green lighted in adding addition stuff which allows for 2 difference versions.

Edited by Taynted_Fayth

So i was gonna mention something i read the other day that early prediction for Gods of Egypt was the movie was going to tank at the box office (15 mill for a 170m movie) but i didnt think there was enough merit on predictions at the time with no reviews out or numbers, but it only made 4.76mill opening night yesterday, and is getting bad reviews meaning it might only make 13mill for the weekend.

I did read some people were boycotting the movie because it was too "white" for an accurate egypt, and not enough black people (even tho ive always thought egyptians were more middle-eastern/persian then african black, but all in all the movie didnt sound like it was getting good marks on it's own.  so maybe ill wait for it to be on dvd which at this pace shouldnt be long at all

There's a mix in Egypt of black and middle-eastern types, but in the time they're showing in the movie, it should be mostly middle-eastern types.  Aside from the fact that I always thought it looked ridiculous, almost none of the races are correct.  Not to mention that almost all Egyption gods have heads of animals, not humans.  The whole movie wreaks of stupid.

3 hours ago, Taynted_Fayth said:

So i was gonna mention something i read the other day that early prediction for Gods of Egypt was the movie was going to tank at the box office (15 mill for a 170m movie) but i didnt think there was enough merit on predictions at the time with no reviews out or numbers, but it only made 4.76mill opening night yesterday, and is getting bad reviews meaning it might only make 13mill for the weekend.

I did read some people were boycotting the movie because it was too "white" for an accurate egypt, and not enough black people (even tho ive always thought egyptians were more middle-eastern/persian then african black, but all in all the movie didnt sound like it was getting good marks on it's own.  so maybe ill wait for it to be on dvd which at this pace shouldnt be long at all

It's coming out usually during a fairly quiet month.... it's generic as hell and past history shown that movies that have this similar feel usually perform poor to mild.  The John Carter,  Clash of The Titans and all that crap simply has been done way to much.   Also Dead Pool has stolen all eyes for anyone wanting to go see an action flick.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It's coming out usually during a fairly quiet month.... it's generic as hell and past history shown that movies that have this similar feel usually perform poor to mild.  The John Carter,  Clash of The Titans and all that crap simply has been done way to much.   Also Dead Pool has stolen all eyes for anyone wanting to go see an action flick.

I think John Carter was more from not being sold properly.  They didn't really do a lot to push the movie and let the public know it was out there, so I think that's more why it failed.  I watched the movie once it came out and was surprised how much I actually liked it.  I thought it was really good.

Silverhawks, man I haven't seen that show in ages.  But you're right, very similar style.

10508161_231229403887287_1046371554_n.jp

Avengers: Infinity War: Russo Brothers Clarify Upcoming Film to Feature 68 Characters, Report Says
The film's directors previously said the movie would feature 67 distinct characters but clarified their comments at this year's Wizard World Cleveland Comic Con, Cleveland.com reported

68 characters! seems like an extremely crowed set. Hopefully every one of them will be established by then, as I dont think it would be beneficial just to cameo a ton of super heroes/villains just for the sake of doing so.

My hope is part 1 focuses mainly on the background and rise of Thanos until he gets the infinity stones and it ends on a evil wins note,   part 2 is more around the story of Adam Warlock and the rise of a group effort to stop Thanos

12 hours ago, Logan007 said:

I think John Carter was more from not being sold properly.  They didn't really do a lot to push the movie and let the public know it was out there, so I think that's more why it failed.  I watched the movie once it came out and was surprised how much I actually liked it.  I thought it was really good.

Silverhawks, man I haven't seen that show in ages.  But you're right, very similar style.

Yeah John Carter was better than expected. I think it suffered from people not understanding how to market it. Side note, the books are a fun read too.

12427131_242904722710434_379107630_n.jpg

Predator: 20th Century Fox Announces March 2, 2018, Release Date for Action Movie Sequel
The studio released the first teaser art for the fourth film in the series earlier this month. The original "Predator," which starred Arnold Schwarzenegger, was released in 1987.

Im a little curious what direction they will go with this one, they've done the jungle, they've done the concrete jungle, they've done the mash up (AvP) I'd maybe like to see an attack on their home world where they become the prey