Round 1 - Game 2 : Jets @ Anaheim

Jets can win if they stop getting screwed. Sorry but 2 blatantly missed calls in the last 3 minutes for sure and if people deny that they are just wrong wrong wrong. Bs reffing cost the jets tonight. Not one to normally ***** about the refs but when the same guy who holds the stick of little scores 3 seconds later. Ya. Jets were jobbed big time

We had a few chances to put this game away when it was 1-0 and didn't/couldn't.

Buff showed up but bad penalty on Ladd.

This team is winning both games to start the third and the Ducks win both games...sad. Experience? Digging deeper? Whatever it is the Jets need to find it and win both games at home.

I felt they played good enough to win this game but just couldn't pull it off and the Ducks could.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor teams blame reffing, winners get it done.

Both the Sportsnet guys and the TSN panel were talking about the missed calls and how blatantly obvious they were. Those missed calls had a direct impact on the outcome of the game. If the Ducks are so good they should be able to win without the assistance from the officials.

Ya. The gwg was a direct result of a blatantly obvious holding the stick. Same guy who did it scored. Brutal reffing for sure

You're not getting that call in the last minute of regulation in the playoffs, regardless of who you are.

Sure, makes sense....

Wreck a game because you think holding shouldn't be called in the last minute of a playoff game. I guess they dont'  call too many men i the last 10 minutes either...

Give me a freaking break. If anything you're being hypocritical with the lashings on Ladd then excusing them for not calling those, especially when one of the non-calls was the ONLY reason theys cored the goal.

In the end though, they lost because they stink on the power play, it's actually unreal how freaking bad they are on the powerplay. Next year they need to desperately search for a skilled forward that actually knows how to consistently use his stick in close quarters. You'd have to be extremely lucky to win any playoff series without being half way competent on a powerplay.

Blame the officials all you want but three goals in two games against the best team in the conference just isn't going to cut it.

Ducks have 6 goals in 2 games. 3 on the power play. So both teams have scored 3 even strength goals in 2 games.

Even strength or otherwise is irrelevant. You have to find a way to score, period. They have, we haven't. It's that simple.

Ya. The gwg was a direct result of a blatantly obvious holding the stick. Same guy who did it scored. Brutal reffing for sure

You're not getting that call in the last minute of regulation in the playoffs, regardless of who you are.

Sure, makes sense....

Wreck a game because you think holding shouldn't be called in the last minute of a playoff game. I guess they dont'  call too many men i the last 10 minutes either...

Give me a freaking break. If anything you're being hypocritical with the lashings on Ladd then excusing them for not calling those, especially when one of the non-calls was the ONLY reason theys cored the goal.

In the end though, they lost because they stink on the power play, it's actually unreal how freaking bad they are on the powerplay. Next year they need to desperately search for a skilled forward that actually knows how to consistently use his stick in close quarters. You'd have to be extremely lucky to win any playoff series without being half way competent on a powerplay.

Regarding the too many men call - Yeah it sucks, but it happens. I don't know if you've seen much of the Nashville/Chicago series, but the exact same thing happened, and Patrick Kane scored on the same shift.

I'm not being hypocritical whatsoever in relation to the call on Ladd. As I said the refs more often than not put their whistles away in the final few minutes of regulation in the playoffs, ESPECIALLY in tie games. You see the same thing in overtime. Officials only make calls if it's an absolute must. That's how it should be. What happened with Ladd was not in the final few moments. It was an accident on his part, but you need to be more aware with your stick like that. Could the officials have let it go? Sure, but at the same time I certainly don't fault them for making the call as contact was made to the head.

I agree the power play has been bad - Our special teams entirely hasn't been good as the PK has looked unorganized and have had trouble clearing the zone as well.

You also need your best players to be your best players. When two of your three goals have been scored by a rookie, and a part time defenseman, that's a hell of a problem.

Yup. Ladd little wheeler Frolik buff even have pretty much contributed nothing. I'm willing to give the Scheifs and Lowrys some benefit of the doubt but the vets especially Ladd buff and Frolik who have won cups And done nothing so far. Not so much. Wheeler Scheif Stafford have not stood out but then again that 2nd ducks line is very good and have only scored 1 even strength goal. Ladd little Frolik have been getting owned tho. Time to switch up the lines I think. Buff on the pp needs to park his butt in front of the net instead of missing the net on point shots

Sure, makes sense....

Regarding the too many men call - Yeah it sucks, but it happens. I don't know if you've seen much of the Nashville/Chicago series, but the exact same thing happened, and Patrick Kane scored on the same shift.

I'm not being hypocritical whatsoever in relation to the call on Ladd. As I said the refs more often than not put their whistles away in the final few minutes of regulation in the playoffs, ESPECIALLY in tie games. You see the same thing in overtime. Officials only make calls if it's an absolute must. That's how it should be. What happened with Ladd was not in the final few moments. It was an accident on his part, but you need to be more aware with your stick like that. Could the officials have let it go? Sure, but at the same time I certainly don't fault them for making the call as contact was made to the head.

I agree the power play has been bad - Our special teams entirely hasn't been good as the PK has looked unorganized and have had trouble clearing the zone as well.

You also need your best players to be your best players. When two of your three goals have been scored by a rookie, and a part time defenseman, that's a hell of a problem.

So you have no problem with Ladd getting a penalty after they let the hit on Perreault go. 

Sure, makes sense....

So you have no problem with Ladd getting a penalty after they let the hit on Perreault go. 

I didn't say that, did I? I'm just smart enough to know at this point that in sports sometimes the calls go your way, other times they don't. There's no conspiracy theory needed, it's just how pro sports works whether any of us like it or not. It's not like we're the only team that's ever gotten the short end of the stick on a call.

We're not down 2-0 in the series because the refs aren't giving us the calls. We're down 2-0 because for the most part our power play has been awful, the penalty kill hasn't been much better, and our best players (outside of Stafford, and Pavelec) have done nothing to contribute.

Not getting the call cause it's last minute? Why?  cause making the call affects the game? so does not making the call. complete lack of logic. like a few others things the NHL does.

That's a stupid way to run a league. Not calling a penalty cause it's the playoffs, makes absolutely no sense. It's bush league.  Another worthless vestige of old school minor league blood bath hockey in the NHL.

Say what you want these refs, unintentionally are favouring one team. The games are very close. It's painfully obvious that it changes the result.

At least the NFL refs  have the guts to make a call. No matter when, or where. Which league is doing better ?

This game, no matter the lack of scoring on the Jets part (I believe the Ducks didn't score either) was determined by something other than what the Jets were responsible for. That's the major complaint as I see it.

OT or power play should have happened, but a player got away with a cheat...simple as that.

Lol. Smokinblue makes sense. Buff and Toby should not be on the power play again. They are just awful back there. Maybe time to put buff at forward.

Ladd little wheeler

Perreault Scheif Stafford

BUFF Lowry Frolik

Tlusty slater stemp

Sit thorburn

Um no. He's having a heck of a series imo. Put Pardy up on wing and sit Tlusty.

If Ladd is playing hurt, sit him and get him better. His 80% is not better than a 100% we have in the bullpen. The mental part of his game just doesn't seem to be there, it's not the same Ladd I'm use to seeing.

Pavelec played lights out, I actually feel bad for him, that doesn't happen often for me.

I thought the commentators made a good point that we need to balance our heavy game with some energy towards concentrated offence.

Kesler, we need to make him a non-factor is how we react to his crap. For the most part Perry was a non factor last night, nice to see.

Unfortunately we have to fight thru the non calls, we can't control how the game is officiated. all I ask for is consistency and the refs can't make it about themselves. Tough one to swallow with holding the stick and too many men that led directly to scoring opportunities/goal. Brush it off, clean slate, new game.

It's still an even series until someone loses at home.

Not getting the call cause it's last minute? Why?  cause making the call affects the game? so does not making the call. complete lack of logic. like a few others things the NHL does.

That's a stupid way to run a league. Not calling a penalty cause it's the playoffs, makes absolutely no sense. It's bush league.  Another worthless vestige of old school minor league blood bath hockey in the NHL.

Say what you want these refs, unintentionally are favouring one team. The games are very close. It's painfully obvious that it changes the result.

At least the NFL refs  have the guts to make a call. No matter when, or where. Which league is doing better ?

This is nothing new to playoff hockey. I'm sure you've been watching the game long enough to know the refs let A LOT go in the final moments of games. Yeah it sucks to get the short end of the stick, I'm not disagreeing with that. All I'm saying is, the NHL for the most part lets the players play when it matters the most. Sometimes it works in your favour, other times it doesn't.

The playoff rulebook has always bothered me. Is there another sport that changes its standard of officiating for the playoffs.

To my knowledge no. This is why in large part, considering the NHL is the only one, I find it surprising when people can't believe the calls that are let go. It's been this way for years.

Calls like Ladd's idiotic love tap are caught way more than blatant 'battling' in the playoffs.  Just the fact that Kesler got called for a anything is amazing... he usually gets a free pass.

Missing the too many men was brutal though.  

Jets powerplay seems to take momentum away... that's the real difference right now.

Can't believe Chiarot sat and Enstrom played, Chiarot did a nice job beating up Kesler in game one - he'd be a great match up with Myers.

Little was great on faceoffs but out first line is really being outclassed by Getzlaf-Perry overall.