Round 1 - Game 2 : Jets @ Anaheim

Little went into the corner in the chase position and came out in the chase position.  Didn't get a stick on Silvferberg's stick, didn't get a body on his body, didn't get an angle to force him outside.  It was the equivalent of leaving his man unchecked, except he fooled his teammates into thinking Silvferberg was covered.  One of them would have slid over to that lane much quicker if Little hadn't created the illusion of having his man.  It wasn't a shining moment for him.

Little went into the corner in the chase position and came out in the chase position.  Didn't get a stick on Silvferberg's stick, didn't get a body on his body, didn't get an angle to force him outside.  It was the equivalent of leaving his man unchecked, except he fooled his teammates into thinking Silvferberg was covered.  One of them would have slid over to that lane much quicker if Little hadn't created the illusion of having his man.  It wasn't a shining moment for him.

This is what I saw.

Little wears the horns on this play....if he takes his man, no goal. This is the dying seconds of a a REALLY important game and you check like a Russian???? He was on the ice to prevent a goal and failed in his task. His and Ladd's game were questionable all game. How many people want Fro re-signed for big bucks now? Buff played with a bit of an edge and rushed occasionally but I think his game could still be picked up a notch. Pavs was playing like it was the end of the season and was great. Enstrom can get pushed around but is still the best D man at passing. He isn't caught out of position often either.

We're down 2-0 coming in to the first playoff game in how long? I say the Jets home ice advantage is worth more than some people think. If the Ducks don't come out with a couple of quick goals, the place will be rocking and I only wish I were going to be there. Jets win 4-2 and home ice and last change make a difference.

GO JETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ya. The gwg was a direct result of a blatantly obvious holding the stick. Same guy who did it scored. Brutal reffing for sure

You're not getting that call in the last minute of regulation in the playoffs, regardless of who you are.

Sure, makes sense....

Wreck a game because you think holding shouldn't be called in the last minute of a playoff game. I guess they dont' call too many men i the last 10 minutes either...

Give me a freaking break. If anything you're being hypocritical with the lashings on Ladd then excusing them for not calling those, especially when one of the non-calls was the ONLY reason theys cored the goal.

In the end though, they lost because they stink on the power play, it's actually unreal how freaking bad they are on the powerplay. Next year they need to desperately search for a skilled forward that actually knows how to consistently use his stick in close quarters. You'd have to be extremely lucky to win any playoff series without being half way competent on a powerplay.

Regarding the too many men call - Yeah it sucks, but it happens. I don't know if you've seen much of the Nashville/Chicago series, but the exact same thing happened, and Patrick Kane scored on the same shift.

I'm not being hypocritical whatsoever in relation to the call on Ladd. As I said the refs more often than not put their whistles away in the final few minutes of regulation in the playoffs, ESPECIALLY in tie games. You see the same thing in overtime. Officials only make calls if it's an absolute must. That's how it should be. What happened with Ladd was not in the final few moments. It was an accident on his part, but you need to be more aware with your stick like that. Could the officials have let it go? Sure, but at the same time I certainly don't fault them for making the call as contact was made to the head.

I agree the power play has been bad - Our special teams entirely hasn't been good as the PK has looked unorganized and have had trouble clearing the zone as well.

You also need your best players to be your best players. When two of your three goals have been scored by a rookie, and a part time defenseman, that's a hell of a problem.

So you have no problem with Ladd getting a penalty after they let the hit on Perreault go.

I didn't say that, did I? I'm just smart enough to know at this point that in sports sometimes the calls go your way, other times they don't. There's no conspiracy theory needed, it's just how pro sports works whether any of us like it or not. It's not like we're the only team that's ever gotten the short end of the stick on a call.

We're not down 2-0 in the series because the refs aren't giving us the calls. We're down 2-0 because for the most part our power play has been awful, the penalty kill hasn't been much better, and our best players (outside of Stafford, and Pavelec) have done nothing to contribute.

Did someone say there is a conspiracy? I'm talking about bad officiating.

Besides non-calls or chintzy calls, there were other mistakes that happened that shouldn't have. The rule book states the penalized team must gain control of the puck for play to be blow down but twice when the Jets had pressure on the Ducks on a delayed call the officials whistled the play down when a Duck touched the puck without having control.

Ya. The gwg was a direct result of a blatantly obvious holding the stick. Same guy who did it scored. Brutal reffing for sure

You're not getting that call in the last minute of regulation in the playoffs, regardless of who you are.

Sure, makes sense....

Wreck a game because you think holding shouldn't be called in the last minute of a playoff game. I guess they dont'  call too many men i the last 10 minutes either...

Give me a freaking break. If anything you're being hypocritical with the lashings on Ladd then excusing them for not calling those, especially when one of the non-calls was the ONLY reason theys cored the goal.

In the end though, they lost because they stink on the power play, it's actually unreal how freaking bad they are on the powerplay. Next year they need to desperately search for a skilled forward that actually knows how to consistently use his stick in close quarters. You'd have to be extremely lucky to win any playoff series without being half way competent on a powerplay.

Regarding the too many men call - Yeah it sucks, but it happens. I don't know if you've seen much of the Nashville/Chicago series, but the exact same thing happened, and Patrick Kane scored on the same shift.

I'm not being hypocritical whatsoever in relation to the call on Ladd. As I said the refs more often than not put their whistles away in the final few minutes of regulation in the playoffs, ESPECIALLY in tie games. You see the same thing in overtime. Officials only make calls if it's an absolute must. That's how it should be. What happened with Ladd was not in the final few moments. It was an accident on his part, but you need to be more aware with your stick like that. Could the officials have let it go? Sure, but at the same time I certainly don't fault them for making the call as contact was made to the head.

I agree the power play has been bad - Our special teams entirely hasn't been good as the PK has looked unorganized and have had trouble clearing the zone as well.

You also need your best players to be your best players. When two of your three goals have been scored by a rookie, and a part time defenseman, that's a hell of a problem.

So you have no problem with Ladd getting a penalty after they let the hit on Perreault go. 

I didn't say that, did I? I'm just smart enough to know at this point that in sports sometimes the calls go your way, other times they don't. There's no conspiracy theory needed, it's just how pro sports works whether any of us like it or not. It's not like we're the only team that's ever gotten the short end of the stick on a call.

We're not down 2-0 in the series because the refs aren't giving us the calls. We're down 2-0 because for the most part our power play has been awful, the penalty kill hasn't been much better, and our best players (outside of Stafford, and Pavelec) have done nothing to contribute.

Yet not quite there yet with understanding that people have real questions about these calls. And their own opinions.

Its not stupid IMO  to bring these things up.

I don't think it's the concept grasping that is the problem.

We all get that the rules are looked upon as being different in the playoffs.

It's when a non-call directly leads to a situation that creates a game-winning goal that people will get upset with, especially in the zone where possession creates an unfair advantage, under a minute left in the game, where the offending team benefits by an unacceptable margin.

I don't think it's the concept grasping that is the problem.

We all get that the rules are looked upon as being different in the playoffs.

It's when a non-call directly leads to a situation that creates a game-winning goal that people will get upset with, especially in the zone where possession creates an unfair advantage, under a minute left in the game, where the offending team benefits by an unacceptable margin.

Fair - But that's just the consequence of calling the game like the NHL does in that situation. We're not the first time to wind up on the short end of the stick because of it, we certainly won't be the last either. Personally, I prefer the NHL calling it in the manner that they do, as oppose to calling every ticky tacky little thing like they do the majority of the time in the regular season.

unknown, and anyone else, (don't have to be a wrestling fan I'm not) this is very interesting non fiction book about a small wrestling group out of San Francisco, it's funny as all get out, but also, a lot of sorrow, library has it...

"Beer, Blood, and Cornmeal, seven years of incredibly strange wrestling"

"Incredibly Strange Wrestling was the bastard offspring of post-punk garage rock and masked Mexican lucha libre. Fielding a cast of crazed characters with names like El Homo Loco, Macho Sasquatcho and El Pollo Diablo, the show lived up to its name. Christians fought lions, Ku Klux Klowns squared off against Hasidic Jews and Bigfoots and bears mauled hapless hippies in some of the most surreal grappling bouts ever staged. In this fine punk-wrestling memoir, combining aspects of punk tour diary, independent wrestling reportage, and cultural critique, Calhoun deploys his satirical gifts upon himself, his fellow grapplers, San Francisco hipsterism, and the country at large, always to hilarious and thought-provoking effect.

As the book opens in early 90's San Francisco, Calhoun, fed on an intellectual diet of Marvel comics, monster movies, and pro wrestling, is a striving loser whose stated ambitions are for nothing more than local celebrity - some color to brighten the drab modern American existence of commuting and wage-earning. He leads a band in the persona of a mail-order martial arts huckster from comic book ads, works his way through the San Francisco club scene, and in time falls in with a crowd of urban niche hipsters, the punk/greaser retro-gearhead founders of Incredibly Strange Wrestling. Conceived partly as a tribute to/ripoff of Mexican-style pro wrestling"

I've heard a lot about Incredibly Strange.  I more of a realist and I like to infuse my wrestling with realistic angles.  Im in the process of digitizing my library of video from the past 13 years of PCW (many of which are on unmarked 8mm and VHS tapes).  We heavily did backstage vignettes in the past and some are awful, some of fun etc.  I find some of what you wrote in the book description interesting though.  I wrote an angle back in 2005 (I think) that was about racism in wrestling.  We had a gay character and eventually did a storyline about choice vs genetics.  Just this past weekend, on our show we had an update on our Champion who was legit in a very serious car accident (Sun did a story) and when the bad guy came out and accused the champion (he wasnt there, still in hospital) of trying to kill himself to avoid facing him, our sadistic crowd cheered...lol

I have read many books so Ill take a loom for it.  Considered writing my own too.  You wouldnt believe some of the craziness involved in starting and running a small indy.  Lots of dirty tricks.  Friends who became enemies who became friends.  Having no money.  Having lots of money.  Rubbing up against big stars and big promotions.  Threats.  I had a guy email me a pic of him pointing a gun at the camera holding a stickie that said "you're dead".  Many things....

Sorry to be off topic.  Split off to the wrestling thread if need be.

Can i legitimize the post by also asking about the game?  I only saw bits and pieces while at the bar on Saturday.  What do we make of Ladd, Little, Frolik & Buff?  Let's speculate.  If they play the same way the next two games and the Jets are swept, what does that tell Jets management about these guys this summer?

Can i legitimize the post by also asking about the game?  I only saw bits and pieces while at the bar on Saturday.  What do we make of Ladd, Little, Frolik & Buff?  Let's speculate.  If they play the same way the next two games and the Jets are swept, what does that tell Jets management about these guys this summer?

I saw Ladd....in the penalty box.

Buff was okay, same with Little, Frolik. Wheeler and Lowry our best forwards IMHO.