Next year's line up?

Ducky

He has one year left but I expect to see him with the moose in the fall.

Is that allowed?  I thought if you have junior eligibility left you have to go back to junior.

You are correct.  He will either be with the Jets or sent back down to Juniors next year.  No Moose for Lemieux.

According to the moose coach he thinks petan Lemieux ehlers and Morrissey were the best guys at D camp. They are the most ready in his eyes. Jets signed Lemieux to a 3 year Deal over 1 million per year. Tells me they think he's ready for the Jets. Wouldn't shock me to see ehlers and Lemieux on the big club this fall at all and if spots are there for petan and Morrissey wouldn't be surprised if they are too

Can't see Morrissey making the Jets out of camp.  Too many NHL defensemen ahead of him.  Could see him being a potential injury call-up during the season to get a chance.

The way things are shaping up right now, barring any more signings, I think a minimum of two rookie forwards and maybe up to three.  I think they are:

Copp as 4th line centre

And one or two of Ehlers, Petan, Armia, Lemieux

• 3 weeks later...

Some fantasy talk.

Peter Tessier's blog today pushes the idea of trading Buff and signing Franson.

You can read it here if interested:

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Peter-Tessier/Trade-Byfuglien-and-Sign-Franson/161/70192

In the post he mentions:

Some rumours have circulated, coming from other cities, that Chevy has mentioned he would not ask Byfuglien to accept a trade, that it would be un-loyal.

He further implies that if not "un-loyal" (disloyal?) to Buff, it might be considered disloyal to some of the other core guys who are close to Buff.  I dont know, this is a business.  Players understand that.  But I've said before I wonder how Ladd's new contract impacts Buff or lack of Buff being signed impacts Ladd.

In the comments, someone puts forth this gem of a fantasy trade:

Bickell/Versteeg/Crawford/Schmaltz

for

Byfuglien/Pavalec/Conditional Picks (Base 1 4th if WPG misses playoffs, 1 3rd if WPG makes playoffs but finishes worse than Chi, 2 3rd if WPG finishes better than Chi).

I'm just gonna ask this, for all those who are high on ARMIA and think he makes the team this season out of camp... have you ever seen him play? My guess would be NOPE... because honestly how could you have seen him play? What makes everyone so sure he makes the team out of camp? I mean if this is based on D camp, if a 22 year old doesn't look as good or in some cases better than the younger guys, then he should be let go immediately. I didn't think he was much better than Lemieux,Petan. Ehlers and the sorts. I honestly thought those 3 looked better and since they are younger than ARmia, that's sort of a problem isn't it? 

Armia is a 22 year old who has yet to crack an NHL roster.. just cuz he was a first round pick, it doesn't mean anything really... the guy is at the point almost where if he doesn't make the NHL soon (this year or next) then he's pretty much a bust... i don't even think he's in our top 5 prospects even. 

Armia has hype behind him.  When the trade happened, I focused on Armia from what I read but I've been pretty weary since.  But you do hear people say he's tremendously talented.  I dont think he makes the Jets out of camp because, to be honest, I dont see where he fits.  Unless we move to a "skilled" fourth line, which is possible, even if he's a better player than, say, Thorburn, for that role, Armia isnt going to get it.

And I think the Jets are high on players earning their opportunities.  Lowry played himself onto the team.  Chairot played himself into a new contract and will start with the jets.  Armia needs to dominate in the AHL or blow people away at camp.  I think he goes to the AHL and I think he will be productive.

Find it hard to believe that Boston is making a pitch for Buff... they just finished trying to shed salary and really don't have much left to trade.  Or why they would want another aging giant...

They had three first round picks and didn't get any deals done.

Can't see Fraser being more than just a Moose player

Both Thorbs and Peluso have 1 way contracts so they are both with the big club, one in the pressbox, one on the ice... 

I can't see them splitting Scheif and Wheeler, they have mad Chemistry out there..

Really hard to say right now... So many possible rookies in the lineup that really anything can happen..

I honestly could see Ehlers Lemieux, Copp or Petan (not both) all making it.. It honestly wouldn't shock me if Petan made the team over Copp.. I think at the D camp, Petan showed he was pretty much a man amongst boys really.. The guys gonna make some noise.. It's hard to say where they put him tho.. 

Ladd-Little-Ehlers

Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler

Burmistrov-Lowry-Perrault

Thorburn or Peluso-Petan or Copp-Armia or Hali

Enstrom-Myers

Buff-Trouba

Stuart-Chiarot

Pavs-Hutchinson

Ladd and Little bring along Ehlers as does Perrault and Lowry to Petan 

4th line won't see much time. I expect to see Burmi getting some time on the PK.

Hopefully, Morrissey cracks the lineup.

Ladd-Little-Ehlers

Stafford-Scheifele-Wheeler

Burmistrov-Lowry-Perrault

Thorburn or Peluso-Petan or Copp-Armia or Hali

Enstrom-Myers

Buff-Trouba

Stuart-Chiarot

Pavs-Hutchinson

Ladd and Little bring along Ehlers as does Perrault and Lowry to Petan 

4th line won't see much time. I expect to see Burmi getting some time on the PK.

Hopefully, Morrissey cracks the lineup.

You've done about 30 mock lineups. One of them is bound to be right.

• 2 weeks later...