Next year's line up?

Ducky

Trading Buff won't be that easy, first he has a nmc so the jets would have to get a list of teams that he would be willing to be traded to. Teams with a lot of cap space are bottom feeders and places that he would not eant to play for. Also rule out any Canadian team probably would prefer to play in the USA plus no cap space except Toronto. Trading him to a place where he will go and we get a good return will be difficult considering that he has one year left on his contract but not impossible. As to retaining dollars in a trade that will not happen even for one year that's not how TNSE works. They will also not take salary dumps remember the Jets are going with younger players and again doesn't fit with the TNSE model.

Trading Buff won't be that easy, first he has a nmc so the jets would have to get a list of teams that he would be willing to be traded to. Teams with a lot of cap space are bottom feeders and places that he would not eant to play for. Also rule out any Canadian team probably would prefer to play in the USA plus no cap space except Toronto. Trading him to a place where he will go and we get a good return will be difficult considering that he has one year left on his contract but not impossible. As to retaining dollars in a trade that will not happen even for one year that's not how TNSE works. They will also not take salary dumps remember the Jets are going with younger players and again doesn't fit with the TNSE model.

It's a 5 team no move clause... Not sure who they are but... Toronto,Edmonton,Montreal are probably 3 of them. 

It's a 5 team no move clause... Not sure who they are but... Toronto,Edmonton,Montreal are probably 3 of them. 

Maybe New Jersey and Buffalo to complete list.

You know what.. Buffalo for sure since KANE is there now but... I dunno, bet it's some big market place. Buff strikes me as a guy who would be more than happy to avoid markets with tons of media. Im thinking NYR or LA or even Philly, so many rumors linked to Philly that you'd almost think, well, why hasn't he been traded there by now already. 

I still think Columbus or Detroit will be Buffs destination... Columbus being the most likely..

Something around Rychel the 1st and something else to even the cash out... Not sure what tho.. Ideally a LHD man but... not sure. 

Columbus is going for it and is actually lacking a legit TOP pair D man, i could see them wanting Buff for sure. 

You know what.. Buffalo for sure since KANE is there now but... I dunno, bet it's some big market place. Buff strikes me as a guy who would be more than happy to avoid markets with tons of media. Im thinking NYR or LA or even Philly, so many rumors linked to Philly that you'd almost think, well, why hasn't he been traded there by now already. 

Philly has no cap room and the players that we would want they would not trade. Dead right about Buff being a quiet kind of a guy grew up in Rosseau Mn. so how about sending him to Minnesota for Charlie Coyle. Only problem we would have to face Buff  5 times

I don't think that happens... 1. Minny doesn't really need another RHD man and 2. They would have to overpay significantly i think... Coyle is a start but you should probably add a couple more big time pieces including a 1st.  Suter already plays like 35 minute a night. They don't really have the space for Buff there. 

Philly has 8333.00 left in cap space....Buff makes that in the first 8 minutes of the first game...

You assume they'd take him on without dumping contract $$ at the same time......

Find 2 players that the flyers would give that total 5.2 that the Jets would take. The situation of Buff's contract is going to make the trade tough and a lot of people will be disappointed when he gets traded. This could be moot if he signs.  

Totally disagree. When Buff is traded, the return will be a damn good return. He will get back a first and an A prospect at the very least. Maybe more if the Jets are willing to eat 1 million or so of his salary... I think they only trade him if the return is worth it anyway... They aren't gonna trade him just because, they will trade him because a deal actually makes sense to make. Guaranteed First and A prospect for sure. Guaranteed. No doubt about it otherwise they won't trade him.  Losing him to free agency would suck but making a bad trade would be even worse. I'd rather hold on to him until someone offers something of interest to me, and eventually that will happen. Buff will get a very good return. 

5.2 million isn't that much, plus if you wait a bit to trade him, maybe closer to the deadline... how much is left to pay him anyways. 

Ill keep going back to Sekera, A FIRST and an A prospect regardless of what one person thinks, MCKeown is an A prospect. 

Buff gets that at the very least. 

Totally disagree. When Buff is traded, the return will be a damn good return. He will get back a first and an A prospect at the very least. Maybe more if the Jets are willing to eat 1 million or so of his salary... I think they only trade him if the return is worth it anyway... They aren't gonna trade him just because, they will trade him because a deal actually makes sense to make. Guaranteed First and A prospect for sure. Guaranteed. No doubt about it otherwise they won't trade him.  Losing him to free agency would suck but making a bad trade would be even worse. I'd rather hold on to him until someone offers something of interest to me, and eventually that will happen. Buff will get a very good return. 

5.2 million isn't that much, plus if you wait a bit to trade him, maybe closer to the deadline... how much is left to pay him anyways. 

Ill keep going back to Sekera, A FIRST and an A prospect regardless of what one person thinks, MCKeown is an A prospect. 

Buff gets that at the very least. 

The jets will not lose Buff to free agency, look how people reacted with Frolik and his not half the player.In the end the Jets will get whatever they can if he won't resign here

Philly has 8333.00 left in cap space....Buff makes that in the first 8 minutes of the first game...

You assume they'd take him on without dumping contract $$ at the same time......

Find 2 players that the flyers would give that total 5.2 that the Jets would take. The situation of Buff's contract is going to make the trade tough and a lot of people will be disappointed when he gets traded. This could be moot if he signs.  

Have to push to get Couturier in a deal for Buff, he is locked in at a great contract level for the next 4-5 years...  would eat some of Buff's salary just to make sure he's part of the deal

The Flyers will not trade Couturier straight up for Buff. For example would you trade Scheifele for Buff as he is considered by many to comparable to Couturier, both are 22 , Buff is 30 Couturier is ufa in 22-23 Buff will be retired by then.

If my superstar giroux wants to win now, I might - buff has 3-4 good years - philly's d core sucks - with buff it's good

• 1 month later...

Listen to Maurice today. Doubt it's trouba Stuart. Probably Chiarot Stuart. RHD. LHD. Who cares.

Most coaches do care because it does make a difference in how a player plays the position and how comfortable they are playing out of position.  Some can some can't.

None of our RHD have shown they can play the left side that well.

I can understand why they want to try.  To get our 4 best D-men more ice time, one of them has to move.   But if the experiment doesn't work, don't expect it to last long.