Big shock Bogo hurt for the Sabres ...

IC Khari

Man I wish I was allowed to post what I heard from a police offer friend of the family at his 50th birthday party tonight regarding bogo and trouba. Let's just say there is a real reason why bogo was traded. Let's just say that there was lots of problems there. Not good ones. Guy is 50 and has no reason to make this stuff up.

Man I wish I was allowed to post what I heard from a police offer friend of the family at his 50th birthday party tonight regarding bogo and trouba. Let's just say there is a real reason why bogo was traded. Let's just say that there was lots of problems there. Not good ones. Guy is 50 and has no reason to make this stuff up.

Whoa whoa whoa....  apparently when I bring up the exact same thing I get warnings and alarm bells and the pitch forks come out

Lots of people have no reason to make stuff up. Lots of people make stuff anyway.

The Bogo/Trouba drug rumours I've heard from friends, coworkers, a family member... lots of people talking... no real reason to believe it's any more than gossip...

Here's the problem.  Just because ten people tell you the same story doesnt mean the story has been independently verified by ten people.This is how rumours spread. 

I've heard things that are hilarious in how silly they are but its also human nature to want to seem "in".  When a co-worker comes up to me and says "did you hear X?" and I say oh wow, thats crazy, where did you hear that?  They never say "some dude at the bar on Friday was drunk and told me", it's always "a good friend of mine has a brother who's was actually there and witnessed it!"

Just like the Kane/Wheeler rumours.  I heard from various "sources" but who's the say they werent all started at the same incorrect place?  Because if everyone who claims their buddy or brother or cousin witnessed the incident, then there was a massive amount of people in the room when it happened which just isnt reasonable.

Rumours can be fun.  But are mostly like anywhere from greatly exaggerated to 100%false.

It's very true but normally when theres this much smoke, there is fire. Nice guy tho is what people have said too. I think we'd be naive to believe that 20 year olds with millions and millions of dollars do things that may shock some people and even tho maybe don't want to believe it, It's probably true in the end or darn near true. People might love stories but... When lots and lots of people have heard these stories, gotta be some truth there. 

20 year old millionaires. So much money they don't know what to do with it and reality is they can do just about anything they want with it 

Even my mom told me she's heard the Bogosian rumors.

The problem is that everyone loves a story.

So should we call BS each time you post a Bomber rumour??

Should we assume that you have no legit sources because its the internet?

Kind of hypocritical of you to roll your eyes at this when you spout mostly rumours on this site with zero sources.

Kind of hypocritical of you to roll your eyes at this when you spout mostly rumours on this site with zero sources.

If Mike posted Bombers rumours that were never proven to be true, then sure, call BS on whatever he posts.  If Mike came on here and said Drew Willy had a drug problem, I bet a lot of us would take it with a lot less salt then the Bogo rumours.  Its all about the source.

If Gary Lawless said Bogo had a drug problem or even if he said there were serious issues with Bogo that required him to be traded so he wasnt a bad influence on Trouba, we would believe it because we know Gary is connected.  Im sorry, anonymous poster on here isnt connected enough.  maybe he is, but we surely dont know.

As for the drug rumours, the BEST source I heard was "a nurse who works at the drug rehab center at HSC".  I heard that from three or four different places and saw it linked to a post on the Dirty.  That tells me that no matter how many participants were involved in this big game of telephone, that the rumour originated from the same place and that it was BS.  Which is not to say there werent issues.  Clearly there were issues with Kane and had he played in Vancouver that day we'd still never have known something happened, so issues can be protected from the public.  But I would strongly believe the drug rumours are not true.

1112.gif

The forum, IMO, is a public domain and as such any rumour should not be circulated when it's "damaging" like drug abuse, spousal abuse, assault, etc etc.. If you cannot definitively backup your story... Why even bother spreading it.. Frankly, I find it borderline slanderous..

The forum, IMO, is a public domain and as such any rumour should not be circulated when it's "damaging" like drug abuse, spousal abuse, assault, etc etc.. If you cannot definitively backup your story... Why even bother spreading it.. Frankly, I find it borderline slanderous..

or at least, if you're posting some kind of nasty rumour,  

get rid of the moniker and use your real name. Let's see somebody post one of these rumours using his or her real name. 

get rid of the moniker and use your real name. Let's see somebody post one of these rumours using his or her real name. 

Agree wholeheartedly with both these points, because if you cannot substantiate that Zach Bogosian is addicted to Buffalo Wings, and the reason he was shuffled off, then don't even put it out there.

I am using my name lol!

Its funny that we can trash the Rider players and accuse them of stealing, beating gfs and whatever else they do but when it comes to one of the Jets we can't do the same.

I am using my name lol!

Its funny that we can trash the Rider players and accuse them of stealing, beating gfs and whatever else they do but when it comes to one of the Jets we can't do the same.

The Korey Sheets and Taj Smith things were both reported in newspapers not internet gossip sites.

I am using my name lol!

... and that's the way it should stay ;)