Big shock Bogo hurt for the Sabres ...

IC Khari

The forum, IMO, is a public domain and as such any rumour should not be circulated when it's "damaging" like drug abuse, spousal abuse, assault, etc etc.. If you cannot definitively backup your story... Why even bother spreading it.. Frankly, I find it borderline slanderous..

or at least, if you're posting some kind of nasty rumour,

get rid of the moniker and use your real name. Let's see somebody post one of these rumours using his or her real name.

I am using my name lol!

Its funny that we can trash the Rider players and accuse them of stealing, beating gfs and whatever else they do but when it comes to one of the Jets we can't do the same.

The Korey Sheets and Taj Smith things were both reported in newspapers not internet gossip sites.

Exactly.. I mean I get yer butthurt that people don't like your rumourmongering but at least defend yourself with proper rebuttles..

I don't really see Brandon being butthurt, but i do see people for some reason refusing to admit that maybe just maybe these guys aren't as perfect as  you think they are. 

Whenever people start throwing around words like butthurt or stuff like that or start attacking the guy, i dunno man. Why exactly? what's the point? It seems that perhaps the guy saying Brandon is all butthurt is actually butthurt himself that maybe his heroes aren't perfect little angels. But whatever really. To each their own. Believe what you want to believe really, i could honestly care less. It's irrelevant anyways since the guy was traded out of town with the other guy with character issues. 

I don't really see Brandon being butthurt, but i do see people for some reason refusing to admit that maybe just maybe these guys aren't as perfect as  you think they are. 

Whenever people start throwing around words like butthurt or stuff like that or start attacking the guy, i dunno man. Why exactly? what's the point? It seems that perhaps the guy saying Brandon is all butthurt is actually butthurt himself that maybe his heroes aren't perfect little angels. 

Except that there is no evidence to support that our "heroes" arent "perfect angels" other then reasonable common sense that would presume no one is a "perfect angel".  You're making an assumption that a Jets player can only be one of two types of people: a perfect angel or a drug addict.  Nothing inbetween?

You simply cannot make up rumours about people or perpetuate a rumour without anything more substantial then "well my buddy was there".  Could it be true?  Sure.  I might have rode into work today on the back of a pink unicorn too, who's to say.

LOL. open your eyes man. Like i said tho, this convo as far as i'm concerned is done. It's funny that people automatically go to the drug issue tho, i mean jesus, all i said was i heard something from a very reliable source that i wish i could post. Why are people assuming its drugs? Maybe it's not, maybe it's they are cheating on their wives and girlfriends all the time? who really knows. 

LOL. open your eyes man. Like i said tho, this convo as far as i'm concerned is done. It's funny that people automatically go to the drug issue tho, i mean jesus, all i said was i heard something from a very reliable source that i wish i could post. Why are people assuming its drugs? Maybe it's not, maybe it's they are cheating on their wives and girlfriends all the time? who really knows. 

Who really cares?

So you take the word of a news reporter as always fact that is hilarious.

Lots of people are way more connected to reporters when it comes to the criminal activities.

What's funny is that reporters get rumours from gossip sites and people completely unrelated to police agencies. Do you think WPS would spill the beans to lawless if he asked?

Goalie is right and take your head out of the sand.

Remember when the Jets management had zero clue about Pavs DUI? Why wouldn't Lawless have reported this in the news or give them the full report beforehand???

Do you not think lots of other undiscovered stuff happens that even the organization doesn't know about?

Who really cares?

A bunch of people, wanna know how i know? because this topic started as IC saying bogo was hurt again, all i said was wish i could tell a story about bogo that i was told and then it turned into drug problems this, drug issues that. Who really cares? You do, otherwise you wouldn't respond back. 

So you take the word of a news reporter as always fact that is hilarious.

Lots of people are way more connected to reporters when it comes to the criminal activities.

What's funny is that reporters get rumours from gossip sites and people completely unrelated to police agencies. Do you think WPS would spill the beans to lawless if he asked?

Goalie is right and take your head out of the sand.

Remember when the Jets management had zero clue about Pavs DUI? Why wouldn't Lawless have reported this in the news or give them the full report beforehand???

Do you not think lots of other undiscovered stuff happens that even the organization doesn't know about?

Wow.  Too much stupid in this post.  Can't compute.  lol  Just kidding.

Firstly, Pavs DUI was in Russia.  Im not sure Lawless has connections in Czech police.  But it was the MEDIA in the Czech Republic that broke the DUI story not some fans on a message board.

The police often release arrest reports, actually.  I would strongly suspect that should a high profile person be arrested for drugs or something similar it would be immediate news here.  Nic Khabibulin (I think it was him) got busted for an excessive speeding and DUI ticket and it was news.

So certainly you can troll The Dirty and PM each other all your "dirt" but yeah, Ill take my news from the local media.  If any of the Jets do blow in their downtown, I dont really care.  Its none of my business.  I respect and appreciate their talent and have no desire as some seem to, to tear them down just for fun.

But I agree with what others have said, if you want to post your rumors, go ahead, but sign your full legal name so if people want they can post their rumours about you too.

Who really cares?

A bunch of people, wanna know how i know? because this topic started as IC saying bogo was hurt again, all i said was wish i could tell a story about bogo that i was told and then it turned into drug problems this, drug issues that. Who really cares? You do, otherwise you wouldn't respond back. 

Thought you were done with this convo?

You said a cop told you. Why would the cops be involved if somebody was just cheating on his girlfriend? Are you now insinuating that they're domestic abusers?

Who really cares?

That's a unique way of looking at it but only a fool would see it that way.  I dont care about senseless rumours but I do care that people are making unsubstantiated negative claims about people.  Sign your full legal name to go with the rumor/

I don't really see Brandon being butthurt, but i do see people for some reason refusing to admit that maybe just maybe these guys aren't as perfect as you think they are.

Whenever people start throwing around words like butthurt or stuff like that or start attacking the guy, i dunno man. Why exactly? what's the point? It seems that perhaps the guy saying Brandon is all butthurt is actually butthurt himself that maybe his heroes aren't perfect little angels. But whatever really. To each their own. Believe what you want to believe really, i could honestly care less. It's irrelevant anyways since the guy was traded out of town with the other guy with character issues.

So yer new here then? Brandon cries every time someone calls him out on his source-less rumours.. But to whine about stories based in reality being given precedence over unsubstantiated crap is beyond the norm..

I don't really see Brandon being butthurt, but i do see people for some reason refusing to admit that maybe just maybe these guys aren't as perfect as you think they are.

So yer new here then? Brandon cries every time someone calls him out on his source-less rumours.. But to whine about stories based in reality being given precedence over unsubstantiated crap is beyond the norm..

Lol if you know me personally you would know my sources... I rarely post any kind of rumours on this or ob.com  but both times when I actually have real news people cry like a baby because it killed them to find out that lot of the old Bombers were not the most "great" characters and gasp some of the Jets have dirty laundry which explained why they missed games with phantom injuries and/or why they would be on the outs with the club.   My news is relevant and mostly impacts the play on the ice.

Would it shock you that nearly every Bomber \ Jet cheats on their wives and we have loads of stories about that, but why would I bother posting about something that really makes no difference with the on the ice play.....  now when Zach Bogosian continually misses games "randomly" with phantom injuries  and then by coincidence Trouba also misses games with mysterious injuries  and then why Wheeler is heralded as a great leader and Kane is shipped out of the town... you don't think that this is all relevant?  I will try to make a point of posting positive stories as I hear nice stories about guys like Ladd and Slater being absolute good guys... unless I have to post full names of the people involved with them going to see sick kids and doing charity events?

Does Gary Lawless ever directly quote his sources on his rumour mill??    

If you want to live with your head in the sand go for it,   when you grow up and find out that many sports athletes are not squeaky clean it will open your eyes.

Heck even Teemu Selanne was in trouble with the law when he was young with the Jets  , albeit I don't consider speeding and illegal radar detectors even remotely close as bad as what some of these guys we are talking about do.  Still shows that young athletes make bad decisions frequently...

That's a unique way of looking at it but only a fool would see it that way.  I dont care about senseless rumours but I do care that people are making unsubstantiated negative claims about people.  Sign your full legal name to go with the rumor/

Coming from a guy known as the "Unknown Poster"  .....   :rolleyes:

That's a unique way of looking at it but only a fool would see it that way. I dont care about senseless rumours but I do care that people are making unsubstantiated negative claims about people. Sign your full legal name to go with the rumor/

Coming from a guy known as the "Unknown Poster" ..... :rolleyes:

I don't post the **** you do. Even when defending your position to slander guys. What a disgrace. Comparing yourself to lawless? Lol get a grip. I like this forum for how much freedom they give posters but I admit to being surprised you're still here.

And no one claimed they were all angels. You just seem to have a unique level of jealously or something and are determined to sully them. No one here cares about you're stories and sources.

Says the guy who bad mouthed Sam Katz in the past with no sources :P

And no one claimed they were all angels. You just seem to have a unique level of jealously or something and are determined to sully them. No one here cares about you're stories and sources.

Are you ten years old or actually this dense?  Ill let you think about the difference between Mayor Katz and a Jets hockey player for awhile.  Maybe it will come to you.

>And Samoa Joe...

Thank you for answering my question.  Seems you are either under the age of ten (which would be an excuse for you're immaturity) or are just very dense.

But please, point out where I discussed anything slanderous in regards to Joe (can't recall discussing drugs, affairs etc).  perhaps you can refresh my memory.  Better yet, why not just accept that you are wrong so we can all move on.  :-)

I think His source was the daily news :D

If said rumor is true, that is between the people involved and is really no ones business but theirs. Does anyone truly expect that the Jets, Bombers or any reporter will come out with a statement saying that "x" player did "y". No, they will keep it in house. Because it is damaging to the reputation of the person and the organization. No reporter is going to say anything because (1) any health information is kept confidential, they can't just go to HSC and say hey can I look at this person's file and (2) if they did report it in any way, shape or form they would be sued and rightly so. You will never get a credible source for this info, unless you are told by people directly involved and even then no one will believe you. 

At the end of the day I don't give a **** what they do with their money and in their spare time.

If said rumor is true, that is between the people involved and is really no ones business but theirs. Does anyone truly expect that the Jets, Bombers or any reporter will come out with a statement saying that "x" player did "y". No, they will keep it in house. Because it is damaging to the reputation of the person and the organization. No reporter is going to say anything because (1) any health information is kept confidential, they can't just go to HSC and say hey can I look at this person's file and (2) if they did report it in any way, shape or form they would be sued and rightly so. You will never get a credible source for this info, unless you are told by people directly involved and even then no one will believe you. 

At the end of the day I don't give a **** what they do with their money and in their spare time.

Well said. Sums it up pretty nicely now hopefully this topic can go away. But i do think it's a bit naive to think that these guys aren't out there doing some stuff that would make you shake your head. It's just, i guess, kids look up to these people, big time, they are heros to thousands of kids, they do all this good stuff, do work with charities, sick kids etc, I mean good for them right but... it doesn't mean they are the greatest people in the world. Not comparing hockey players to Hells Angels but... Just cuz Hells Angels do work with charities and sick kids doesn't mean they aren't out there killing people also. 

Yes and No.

The Kane rumours were rampant to the extent the NHL conducted an investigation and local media wrote a story.  But thats why media covered it - not because of goofballs on twitter and the dirty but because once the NHL conducted an investigation, it was mainstream news.

The Kane concussion rumours were pretty widespread.  I "heard" them from people I generally trust but the fact is, local media did cover the "uniqueness" of the Kane concussion with some suspicion and if there had been an ounce of truth to the rumours, I have little doubt the story would have been told.

if a player enters drug rehab or is charged with a crime, it's going to be covered.  We have heard stories of players being found to have addictions after the fact, generally pain killers which would be looked up less severely than a street drug but we have also seen stories of players entering league-mandated programs.  It isnt black and white that "all stories will be covered up so these 'friend of a friend of a friend who knows a guy whose cousin knows a cop who's friend's wife's mother's son's buddy was right there when it happened' rumours have to be true.  In fact, they are mostly likely not at all true.

I was told a rumour last year about the Bombers that was straight from the mouth of one of the coaches.  Guess what, it turned out not to be true.

The thing I find odd is how certain people here are so adamant in their desire to spread nonsense.  Seems like big man syndrome to me....boasting of knowledge and contacts that no one can disprove and rumours no one can disprove when common sense tells you they are 99% unlikely.

Like the Pavs' DUI....it wasnt goofs on twitter that spread the rumour.  The media broke the story because it was news.

Everyone knew Charles Roberts "liked the nightlife" but was it news?  Nope (other then the Grey Cup).  Today it would be all over twitter and still, who would really care?  Like whats the point?  I knew a Bomber with an STD because he dated my ex.  Is that fair game?  I think it's ridiculous that "fans" would foster this nonsense.  And I say it again, if you want to put your real name to a rumour and name the source, have at it.

Well said. Sums it up pretty nicely now hopefully this topic can go away. But i do think it's a bit naive to think that these guys aren't out there doing some stuff that would make you shake your head. It's just, i guess, kids look up to these people, big time, they are heros to thousands of kids, they do all this good stuff, do work with charities, sick kids etc, I mean good for them right but... it doesn't mean they are the greatest people in the world. Not comparing hockey players to Hells Angels but... Just cuz Hells Angels do work with charities and sick kids doesn't mean they aren't out there killing people also. 

If a Winnipeg Jets player murders someone, then Im all for the info coming out.  And guess what, the news will cover it so we wont need Anonymous Goofball to detail it for us.