Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

Kassian has been like Postma tho. Healthy scratched lots. Apparently coaches aren't a fan of Kassians in Vancouver. Vermette again not worth it for a rental. Dude apparently wants 5 million plus a year this off season. He won't get that here. Don't think the jets would give up what it would take to get him. Anyone who thinks Vermette is the difference between winning and losing is crazy. Rental = give up nothing really. 3rd Rd pick? Maybe but guaranteed some team will give up too much for him. He's a rental if there ever was.

I dont want to trade Postma for a rental.

How about Chris Stewart.  Big body.  Scored 18 goals just a couple years ago in 48 games.  Might look good with Lowry and Kane banging and crashing.

Despite doing nothing of note in the past two seasons, he'll still be in demand. It might take a lot to get him. He can be pretty lazy, but if he's motivated to play he can be pretty good.

Stewart would look nice next to Kane and Lowry, Stafford might also. Tough to say with those guys how good they would be since they are playing on a  bad buffalo team. I'm not sure what it would take to get Stewart or even Stafford but i believe the rumor going around last year (we apparently tried to get stafford) was Buffalo wanted Burmistrov plus a pick. (believe it was a 1st) I don't see that still being the same value but.. maybe Burmi plus Postma for Stewart or Stafford gets you one of them.

Think that's a fair price too. Not sure there is room for Burmi next season here and don't see Postma being as good as some other people thinks he will be. I think if it takes Burmi plus Postma, they do it. 

Can think what we want about Postma, it's irrelevant, all that matters is what the Jets Chevy and Maurice think of him and him being healthy scratched the last several games (might be more than 10 ) suggests they aren't as high on him as some fans are. 

Bob McKenzie is stealing my information. He's saying Vermette is the top name in the trade market and will demand a big return. He says it will take a 1st rounder and a decent prospect to get him.

So not Postma & a mid-round pick...

Too rich for our blood.

Too stupid for our blood.

Not a surprise though, that was the ask 2 weeks ago; it hasn't changed.  Just like a first rounder for Stewart.  Which is why I was puzzled Jets fans are saying we should bring these guys in - if you are not a strong cup contender with considerable assets, and you are missing one clearly identifiable piece, and that player looks to fit it, it's a bad trade.  No matter what team you are.  A pending UFA for high picks?  Nine and a half times out of ten, it's a terrible idea.

The list of things the Capitals don't have this year: Filip Forsberg, Martin Erat, a Stanley Cup.

Whomever is clamouring for our GM to make bad trades, please stop.

No need for a mis-step at this point, as in foolish trade.

The Jets are getting there, but they're not close enough..yet.

Just keep on keeping on.

I hear what you and some others are saying about potential trades and agree overall.  

But I do think a GM is no different than a coach, is no different than a player in how he approaches the game.

Is our GM 'playing' not to lose or is he 'playing' to win. I'll take a latter for our GM when it comes to how he considers making this team stronger.

You want the GM to make the team stronger for sure but theres no guarantee that trading for let's say Winnik, since there has been interest in him, makes us any better than what we are but it could make us worse over the long term depending on what we give up to get him. I want a smart GM, a guy who will only pay so much and not overpay for what is obviously going to just be a rental, would suck to give up a pick (dont think we move a first or second round pick tho) and a prospect who could turn in to something very good for a guy who more than likely will be gone once free agency hits. 

I would give up a 3rd for winnik, maybe a 3rd and postma or burmistrov depending on how the Jets feel about him and nothing more. 

Don't trade Frolik. That's just silly. Even if he walks it's like getting a "rental" for free.

Besides Perrault (who I think has been an absolutely outstanding player and has caught everyone off guard lol) Frolik is my next unsung hero of this team.. He's been very good for us since we brought him in and don't see any reason to move him.. Also, if we didn't bring him back, it would be a loss IMO.