Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

Now talk he might shut himself down and have surgery. 

I do find it difficult to believe that this was all it was.  For example, if Wheeler or Little did the same thing in their hometown, would they be scratched?  It worries me because to me it seems more likely this was either the "last straw" for Maurice and he felt he had to do something or an attempt to nip in the bud whatever issues might exist.

Will be very interesting to see what Kane does/says today.

Now talk he might shut himself down and have surgery. 

I do find it difficult to believe that this was all it was.  For example, if Wheeler or Little did the same thing in their hometown, would they be scratched?  It worries me because to me it seems more likely this was either the "last straw" for Maurice and he felt he had to do something or an attempt to nip in the bud whatever issues might exist.

Will be very interesting to see what Kane does/says today.

The problem with saying things like this is that there is very little chance of Wheeler and Little ever doing something like this.  Nor do they have the history that Kane does.

You are correct ofcourse.  Which is my point.  I dont think this is an example of a player who does everything right running late and showing up in a track suit and getting humiliated by being scratched in his home town.  I think its more.  It might even be Maurice trying to force the issue to a head.

Bob Mackenzie tweeted that prior to the season he felt this was the year Kane and the Jets either committed to each other or went their separate ways and that may now be a scenario the team and player are forced to confront.

If Kane is going to be traded, I can't see it happening until the off season.  And if he announces he is going in for surgery today and will be out the rest of the season, good chance we've seen Kane play his last game in a Jets uniform.

If Kane is going to be traded, I can't see it happening until the off season.  And if he announces he is going in for surgery today and will be out the rest of the season, good chance we've seen Kane play his last game in a Jets uniform.

i agree on both counts.  I think Kane has shown a warrior mentality, playing hurt, coming back from injury sooner then expected etc.  But if, after what happened this week, he opts to shut himself down, it will be seen as him quitting on the team in the midst of a playoff push.

Kane is the type of player to get more in a trade in the off-season when more teams will be willing and able to make offers.  But if he's out for the season, it *really* handcuffs Chevy and forces him to have to make a deal somewhere.  The ripple effect would be tough.  Buff doesnt want to play forward and has been better on D but he's the only back-up forward they have right now.  They are carrying three extra D and cant do anything with any of them due to waiver requirements and I believe they are at their maximum allowed players so they cant just recall a forward.

Wouldn't they be able to call up another forward if Kane is put on the IR?

Yes definitely.  Unfortunately I'm not sure there are many good options at forward in St. Johns right now.

They also have Stuart on IR and Im not sure he was really needing to go on IR other then the Jets had one too many people.  They will still need to juggle.

This is where the depth bites us again and is something we've talked about endlessly.  When talking about the three extra D the team carries, I said to a friend "they carry three extra forwards too.  its called the fourth line".

Dredger & Lebrun both tweeting that the Jets are fielding trade requests for Kane.

Yowza.  Here we go.

This is more than just the track suit thing obviously.  Question is, will Kane announce he is able to play or shut himself down and ruining a trade?

I think he might do that if it's to a team he doesn't want to go to. The Evander Kane style no trade clause...

There comes a point where you need to cut your losses.  And lets be honest, his stock hasn't been rising here over the last few years.  It has been on a steady decline.   If you don't think things will get better, you need to get what you can.  

And yes, it may mean he flourishes with another team (see Tyler Seguin).   But that doesn't mean he would flourish with yours had you kept him.

Chris Johnston tweet:

Surveyed some NHL scouts and feeling is that price on Evander Kane has dropped. One top asset could be enough to land him from #NHLJets.

***Interesting.  Will the Jets take less than most would expect to wash their hands of him?

That would be a colossal failure, IMO.  

Chris Johnston tweet:

Surveyed some NHL scouts and feeling is that price on Evander Kane has dropped. One top asset could be enough to land him from #NHLJets.

***Interesting.  Will the Jets take less than most would expect to wash their hands of him?

But to what Rich wrote above, whats your end game if you're the Jets?  An unhappy player with declining offensive stats who is *still* playing hard every game and has interest from other teams.  You either hope the price gets driven up through a bidding war and take your chances on the law of diminishing returns or you look at whats on the table, take the best offer and turn the page.

The Jets would get better offers in the summer.  So if they are seriously considering offers right now, its clearly because they want to turn the page and that would indicate to me that there is more than a track suit that is going on here.  If you were to become aware that Kane was a problem in the room or impacting morale, would you do what you had to do to move him today?

If they trade Kane, they will make the best deal they can.  So whether thats a top six, a prospect and a first rounder or two bottom six players and a prospect or whatever, it is what it is.

Chris Johnston tweet:

But to what Rich wrote above, whats your end game if you're the Jets?  An unhappy player with declining offensive stats who is *still* playing hard every game and has interest from other teams.  You either hope the price gets driven up through a bidding war and take your chances on the law of diminishing returns or you look at whats on the table, take the best offer and turn the page.

The Jets would get better offers in the summer.  So if they are seriously considering offers right now, its clearly because they want to turn the page and that would indicate to me that there is more than a track suit that is going on here.  If you were to become aware that Kane was a problem in the room or impacting morale, would you do what you had to do to move him today?

If they trade Kane, they will make the best deal they can.  So whether thats a top six, a prospect and a first rounder or two bottom six players and a prospect or whatever, it is what it is.

I think the bolded part is the most important. It seems pretty evident there's more to this, probably a lot more. I find it hard to even make a judgement as a fan without knowing the full story.

If he's actively doing things that are dividing the room, then yeah maybe you have to be more aggressive.  Safe to say, I don't envy Chevy's role in this. Regardless of what he does now, he'll have his detractors.