Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

That's pretty much the logic behind these traded

This year vermette and Reilly give us major depth

Worst case - petan replaces vermette next season, then domi or ehlers replaces Reilly

Right now we just don't have the talent for a deep playoff run - buff, Ladd, wheeler are in their prime - need to make a move

I would say if Petan can step in and be a top six forward next year and Domi or Ehlers can be a top six centre next year that is not "worst case scenario", its "best case scenario"

That's pretty much the logic behind these traded

This year vermette and Reilly give us major depth

Worst case - petan replaces vermette next season, then domi or ehlers replaces Reilly

Right now we just don't have the talent for a deep playoff run - buff, Ladd, wheeler are in their prime - need to make a move

I would say if Petan can step in and be a top six forward next year and Domi or Ehlers can be a top six centre next year that is not "worst case scenario", its "best case scenario"

Petan making the next step is a realistic expectation - same for morrissey

Best case would be re-signing vermette and Reilly to reasonable deals - you never know...

Worst case is doing nothing and watching Ladd frolik and buff eventually leave

Those are different arguments.  If Petan can play top six meaningfully here next season, fantastic.  He's a special talent by all accounts but lets not get crazy.  He's still a 19 year old kid who's 166lbs.

I do expect Morrissey to make the team in a 6/7 role but our depth on D might get him time in St John's.

Ladd/Buff are signed through next season.  No need to panic there yet.

Petan just making the team next year would be fine with me. Same with Ehlers.

I think they are counting on Morrissey to make the team next year so some decision are going to have to be made on D.

I still say trading Stuart is the way to go. Hate to lose a leader but you have to give to get.

Stuart and a 3rd rounder for a half decent winger?

Komaschuk is a -22 but almost everyone on the team is a minus.

Wait until draft day to move Kane and get the most you can.

We aren't winning the cup this year but making the playoffs and getting that experience is vital. Chevy knows he is a couple of years away from being in the playoffs consistently and he isn't going to give away a player like Kane for 2 players that will be gone in no time.

We need help on the 3rd and 4th line but where's it going to come from?

Sounds like myers is possible for the jets in a kane trade. Mentioned myers Stafford or Stewart armia and picks as possible buffalo pieces. Maybe kane Burmi Postma package deal

Surprised me but very intriguing. Would be hilarious to see Kane go to Buffalo where he might learn a new appreciation for winnipeg.

Van is a wildcard, no question. But outside of them, no playoff team is entertaining a Kane trade until the offseason. So regardless of what our ask is, we just can't know all the possible offers right now. That's what worries me.
Don't get me wrong...adding a 1st, prospect and help on the 2nd/3rd line now would he huge for us...but again, add another dozen or more teams come draft time who may have 1st, prospects and immediate help to offer.

Question Chevy will undoubtedly ask himself is, how much better does a Chris Stewart or Drew Stafford help us now. I think it makes us better...but not overly so. Pass.