Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

You are correct ofcourse.  Which is my point.  I dont think this is an example of a player who does everything right running late and showing up in a track suit and getting humiliated by being scratched in his home town.  I think its more.  It might even be Maurice trying to force the issue to a head.

Bob Mackenzie tweeted that prior to the season he felt this was the year Kane and the Jets either committed to each other or went their separate ways and that may now be a scenario the team and player are forced to confront.

perhaps your point should be that you don't really have a clue if it was any of the other Jets what would happen!

You are correct ofcourse.  Which is my point.  I dont think this is an example of a player who does everything right running late and showing up in a track suit and getting humiliated by being scratched in his home town.  I think its more.  It might even be Maurice trying to force the issue to a head.

Bob Mackenzie tweeted that prior to the season he felt this was the year Kane and the Jets either committed to each other or went their separate ways and that may now be a scenario the team and player are forced to confront.

perhaps your point should be that you don't really have a clue if it was any of the other Jets what would happen!

Why would that be my point?  What an odd post.  If that was an insult, you will have to do better.  The use of "I think" in my statements would indicate an opinion or speculation.  Thank you.

Why would that be my point?  What an odd post.  If that was an insult, you will have to do better.  The use of "I think" in my statements would indicate an opinion or speculation.  Thank you.

I thought your post was odd in the first place seeing as you don't have a clue about what Maurice might do with other Jets in the same situation.

I thought your post was odd in the first place seeing as you don't have a clue about what Maurice might do with other Jets in the same situation.

Thats true.  And when Im reporting on sports for a major network I will be sure not to speculate or offer an opinion.  On a fan forum?  Chill out.

WOW Kane is finished if all this is true.

And GOOD for you Buff for being a leader on your team and sending a message about what is not acceptable.  Sure, it seems childish but its a message. 

This is some major dysfunction.  A player refusing to play?  Im shocked.  The Jets were likely hoping this never got out because certainly his stock has dropped big time.

I bet they just shut him down and trade him in the off-season.

It is interesting how some of the discussions in the media have been how Kane may have a chance to succeed on another team with different leadership to “guide” him.

Of course I will never know what goes on in the dressing room, and what the other players have done with Kane up to this point.  But I can’t think this is the first isolated incident.  Nor do I think that this is the worst of things that could happen to you in a dressing room.

For Kane to skip out on a game because of this is ridiculous.  I’d be very surprised if he plays another game with the Jets.  How do you walk back into that dressing room after doing that?  Talk about an awkward flight home 

It is interesting how some of the discussions in the media have been how Kane may have a chance to succeed on another team with different leadership to “guide” him.

Of course I will never know what goes on in the dressing room, and what the other players have done with Kane up to this point.  But I can’t think this is the first isolated incident.  Nor do I think that this is the worst of things that could happen to you in a dressing room.

For Kane to skip out on a game because of this is ridiculous.  I’d be very surprised if he plays another game with the Jets.  How do you walk back into that dressing room after doing that?  Talk about an awkward flight home 

We've all heard the rumours in the past and ignored some of them but you really start to wonder when something like this is all but confirmed.  If even half the stuff we've heard about it partially true then he certainly has had other run ins with team mates.  A good team mate showing up in a tracksuit might get you told off.  Buff did what he did because he was sick of Kane, I would suspect.

I agree, how does he play another game.  How would fans in Winnipeg react to him on the ice.

The irony is that Buff's actions leading to Kane sulking and quitting (which he likely didnt think would be the case) meant Buff got moved to forward.  So he sort of screwed himself.  So yeah, trade Kane and sign Buff long term.

Interesting proposal by someone at The Hockey Writers.

Apparently the Jets ask for Kane last year was two top six forwards, a prospect and pick.  But that may have shrunk since.

Suggests Kunitz, Bennet and either Despres or Dumoulin for Kane.  Im intrigued but Kunitz is 35 years old.

I'd take that trade... but I doubt it's available... only cuz I've heard the Pens are high on Bennet... but I what do I know??  :wacko:

They like Bennett but they'd have to give us something for Kane.  Kunitz would be nice right now as a scorer with playoff experience.  But he's winding down.  Bennett at least gives us a piece that can contribute a little now and hopefully a lot later.  Kane would be the best piece moving in that trade.