Do you think Jets will make any trades now?

Brandon

I don't think he would clear.

I don't think so either.

He reminds me of Hall Gill, but smaller and a better skater. He's not very good 5 on 5, but he's a good penalty killer and has good size. Teams will take a chance on him for those two attributes.

Every team wants some depth going into the playoffs.  I don't think he clears waivers.

Pardy has an interesting history.

In 2011/12 he signed a 2 year $4M contract with Dallas but didn’t live up to expectations (partly because of injury problems).  And they traded him to Buffalo, where he did end up spending some time in the AHL.

The Jets signed him as a free agent after that deal at $600,000 (one year).   They did send him down to the minors after training camp in 2013, where he did clear waivers, but a lot of players clear waivers at that time of the year due to roster restrictions, and he was coming off a couple of troubled seasons prior to that.

Pardy re-signed with the Jets last summer for another 1 year deal at $700,000 (they signed him right before free agency hit).

So, Pardy was once thought of highly enough to get a $4 Million dollar contract (2M per season).  Ran into injury problems and has really kind of revitalized his career with the Jets.   He has a very reasonable 1 year contract as playoff depth for a team and is a really good fit as a 7th defenseman who can play on your third pairing if needed. 

I think there is a good chance that a team does take a flyer on him if he is waived.   No long term contract, and gives you some playoff insurance.

Im sure he's been waived at least once this year, no?  Ofcourse the timing of the playoffs approaching and him being a UFA make him more attractive as a back up.  I still think he'd clear.  But you never know.  If there is interest in him, hopefully the Jets can get their Harrison pick back for him.

He hasn't been waived this year but he was last year at the very beginning of the season.

As far as getting a pick back for him... let's not go nuts here.  He MIGHT not clear waivers but I'd be shocked if anyone gave anything up for him.  And it's not like we can pull him back off waivers once we see that teams are interested.

Ofcourse the other option is to try and flip Harrison for a pick and keep Pardy as insurance. 

I wouldn't do that.  Harrison might grab a sixth rounder at best and I mean really... what's a sixth rounder?  The value is almost negligible.  Having Harrison around for a playoff run would be worth far more to us.

Wouldn't give up much for Vermette, plus he's a Center, not exactly a huge need for us at the moment. I think some team is willing to give up more for him, i wouldn't give up anything of real value at all because if i truly wanted Vermette that bad, I'd just wait until the off season when is a free agent and get him for "free". I see no interest in Vermette from the Jets Perspective. 

Kassian actually does make sense, young guy, big strong fast, needs a change of scenery, has a contract past this season, that pays him less than 2 million per year at that. He's the type of guy the Jets would target i'd imagine. Young guy on a cheap contract. They are apparently looking for a 3rd line right winger, That's what Kassian is. He fits the profile to a tee pretty much. 

Another thing about Kassian is that the Canucks are in playoff position.  Why would they be selling assets?  We all know they aren't in love with Kassian but even they would have to admit he is a good depth forward for a playoff run.

Maybe they'll want defensive depth more.  Rather than "buying" and "selling", it would simply be a trade based on a good fit for both teams.  If they'd take Pardy or Postma (or both) for Kassian and we don't have to give up anything else, I'd do that trade in half a heartbeat.  It's not a great idea for this team to give up futures for a UFA.