Game 46: Jets @ Blackhawks

Great to see the Jets suck it up and win that game amidst circumstances that would have seemed to make one impossible! As for the cheap shot on Perreault ... This guy is the dirtiest player on the Hawks with several league imposed penalties. If Matthew is out for any time he should be suspended for quite a few games. 

A few interesting tweets after the game.

Darrin Bauming ‏@DarrinBauming 34s35 seconds ago

`@renlavoietva: (translated) Perreault has no fracture. However, it is injured and is expected to miss a few games.

This is good news, the bad news tho is it probably means Carcillo doesn't get suspended eventho that shouldn't matter but apparently it does. Probably miss Phoenix Columbus and hopefully the All Star Break allows him to heal up and be back either the game after or shortly after that one. 

Blake Wheeler has become the unofficial captain of the team really, not sure why anyone would say he seems disengaged, 12 goals 23 assists for 35 points. Third lead scorer on the team  behind Ladd who is the leading point getter and Little, Those 2 benefit from having Wheeler on their line big time. Wheeler is also a plus 9 so he has played very good defensive hockey. The guy is a beast out there most nights, goes through some tough times like they all do but is noticeable in a good way probably 9 out of 10 games. The guy is the future captain of this team, It's only a matter of time. Maybe not the captain but the guy will be and is a big time leader both on and off the ice. It's no coincidence that he got an A this year and the team is much better. 

Fun Fact.. we only have 2 forward with a - rating and that's Thorburn and Galliardi. I know +/- don't really mean much really but... it's interesting none the less.

Ladd, Little,Wheeler all plus 9 on the year.

Just one more thing, Anybody still want to trade Bogo for Eberle? Like that was ever going to happen? Since returning from injury,BOGO has been a beast, this is the Bogo everyone has been waiting for. The guy is a young d man still trying to find his niche and these last few games, i think he's found it. He's not gonna put up tons and tons of points altho he does have more points this year then he did all of last year but the guy is a reliable shut down d man who can score from time to time and still young enough to get better, hasn't reached his prime really. D men take longer to reach their prime. You don't trade guys like Bogo, you build around guys like him. Our D is scary and when Trouba comes back and Harrison more than likely goes upstairs, what team is gonna want to face Buff/Chiarot,Bogo/Toby and Trouba/Stuart. What a luxury to have these guys.  This is how winning teams are built, from the goaltender on out, not sure why anyone would want to move a guy like Bogo really. D men like that don't grow on trees, Bet Montreal is kicking themselves for moving Ryan McDonough and i know if we moved Bogo, in a couple years, we would be doing the same. And especially not for a winger or someone like that from a losing culture who can't play D.

As much as it pains me to say this, and it does, cuz he's a beast, if you are looking to move a d man, i'd look at Buff, he'd bring the most back... but ideally Buff Bogo and Trouba are all around for a very long time and we just find a way to make it work. I'm guessing that's what they will do too. Find a way to make it work. 

Nice that the jets didn't get stupid after that injury, just kept playing hard.

Interesting to hear all of the compliments this team is getting from other teams now.

The work ethic, and effort they put out  is truly remarkable. were they in this kind of shape in the past?

I can't understand how they do it.

Sure its a hockey play, but it is an illegal one.  It is called cross checking.  And he did it to Perreault at the end of a play where it wouldn't normally be expected.  Unfortunate for Carcillo, but they suspend based on the result and reputation.  He has a bad reputation and the result was he took Perreault out for at least that game.

#Blackhawks Carcillo:"It was just kind of a hockey play and it was at the end of a shift. I must have just caught him between some padding."

— Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger)

January 17, 2015

Sure its a hockey play, but it is an illegal one.  It is called cross checking.  And he did it to Perreault at the end of a play where it wouldn't normally be expected.  Unfortunate for Carcillo, but they suspend based on the result and reputation.  He has a bad reputation and the result was he took Perreault out for at least that game.

If by hockey play, he means thuggery, then yes it was a hockey play.

#Blackhawks Carcillo:"It was just kind of a hockey play and it was at the end of a shift. I must have just caught him between some padding."

— Brian Hedger (@BrianHedger)

January 17, 2015

That guy is an idiot.

Our player or not...that was a dbag play by a dbag of a player. He should get 5 for crap like that.