Wild Sears try out with Vikings

Jpan85

Lots about Wild to like but he's too small to play MLB every play and with both the other LB spots trending into coverage jobs I'm not sure he's actually as valuable as we feel he is.

Sears, meanwhile, is hurt a lot. I personally don't view these guys as top end free agents who NEED to be signed.

Not to bash them because I do like both players I just don't think they are among the best defenders in the league or anything.

Lots about Wild to like but he's too small to play MLB every play and with both the other LB spots trending into coverage jobs I'm not sure he's actually as valuable as we feel he is.

Sears, meanwhile, is hurt a lot. I personally don't view these guys as top end free agents who NEED to be signed.

Not to bash them because I do like both players I just don't think they are among the best defenders in the league or anything.

Calling bullshit on Wild being too small to play MLB every play. He may be smaller than the the prototype but the guy is just a damned good tackler and he is a guy who you notice when he's not in the lineup. He gets all over the field and is always involved in the play. This team needs more guys like that not less. 

Sears is hurt a lot and it is a concern, but when he's in the lineup he's a star. A flat out playmaker. 

Calling bullshit on Wild being too small to play MLB every play. He may be smaller than the the prototype but the guy is just a damned good tackler and he is a guy who you notice when he's not in the lineup. He gets all over the field and is always involved in the play. This team needs more guys like that not less. 

Sears is hurt a lot and it is a concern, but when he's in the lineup he's a star. A flat out playmaker. 

Not at all comparing them as players, but the "negative" talk around Wild is errily reminiscent of Wickman....

Wild would be a big loss. Sears? I don't know, i like him but his injury issues are a concern for sure.. plus thought don unumba looked pretty good at the LB spot when he got his chance to play too, actually reminded me a bit of a younger possibly less injury prone sears. 

I'm inclined to agree with you. I can't help but look at him and think he is too small, but he makes plays period. He is a notable absence on your defence when he isn't playing, that in itself makes him a priority resign IMO. Look at it this way, I'd be happy if we took a run at signing him if he becomes available.