Wild Sears try out with Vikings

Jpan85

Sears caused more turnovers than anyone else on our defense to go along with a bunch of tackles for losses, and missed a bunch of games, many being O'Shea's choice to dress Unamba to only chase kicks while leaving guys like Sears and Markett in street clothes.

Sears is an elite CFL defender.  He'll be playing somewhere next season, wouldn't be surprised if he flees Winnipeg.

Sears caused more turnovers than anyone else on our defense to go along with a bunch of tackles for losses, and missed a bunch of games, many being O'Shea's choice to dress Unamba to only chase kicks while leaving guys like Sears and Markett in street clothes.

Sears is an elite CFL defender.  He'll be playing somewhere next season, wouldn't be surprised if he flees Winnipeg.

Leaving Sears as a healthy scratch, continuously playing Kuale, Bryant & Grigsby. Roster decisions like that really make me question whether or not O'Shea will be a successful coach for us.

Leaving Sears as a healthy scratch, continuously playing Kuale, Bryant & Grigsby. Roster decisions like that really make me question whether or not O'Shea will be a successful coach for us.

This is what worries me about MOS whether these personnel decisions were stubbornness, phiilosophy or poor judgment

I believe it was Sherman who led the team in forced fumbles with 5, followed by Washington, then Peach.

Sears had 1 although he was effective at hitting players behind the line of scrimmage.

His being injured and ratio issues didn't help his case.

There seems to be a hidden element behind the decisions to sit Sears, but when he was tagged to go in…with Unumba, our defence was better.

I certainly would want to re-sign him providing there is still a good relationship intact.

I truly wish someone could or would elaborate on these bad feelings or disgruntledness of Sears with our coaches or staff.. I'd never heard a rumour such as these but seems to be a few veiled insinuations here that he was unhappy (and i wouldn't blame him if true..) but is it assumptions or is it based on something?

Earlier in the season while he was a healthy scratch he had stated that he was frustrated about it. Nothing in his attitude or play reflected that afterwards though. I think there is a possibility he might be disgruntled but I think the probability is pretty low.

At no point did he say he was frustrated with the staff or how he was "treated", only that he was frustrated he wasn't going to play.

Might have to let Sears walk if we want to make a significant play at someone like Heenan.

Throwing any money at heenan would only make Saskatchewan give up that much more... I'd rather throw the money at someone we would actually have a chance to land... Like Sears or maybe Holmes..

Must admit, for such a sad sack buncha players on our roster (this season and previous..) lotsa bomber and ex bombers pushing to snag work down south...

There was always more talent on this team than people were willing to admit. Burke was a terrible coach that made guys look bad and there's a few key positions that are lacking, but Joe Mack could find players who can play the game. 

Must admit, for such a sad sack buncha players on our roster (this season and previous..) lotsa bomber and ex bombers pushing to snag work down south...

There was always more talent on this team than people were willing to admit. Burke was a terrible coach that made guys look bad and there's a few key positions that are lacking, but Joe Mack could find players who can play the game. 

17to85 you really comfuse me; just the other day you are saying I don't think it's the coaching but the talent, but today you are saying we have much more talent than most realize but the coach was just bad, but we have the similar talent with different coaches and now the talent is bad but the coaching is not the issue I just don't know where you stand can you clarify?

Is our talent on our team, terrible, needs improvement, satisfactory, above average or exceeding? 

Is our coaching on our team terrible, needs improvement, satisfactory, above average or exceeding?

That would definitely help us better understand where the team stands on talent and coaching at least from your perspective.

17to85 you really comfuse me; just the other day you are saying I don't think it's the coaching but the talent, but today you are saying we have much more talent than most realize but the coach was just bad, but we have the similar talent with different coaches and now the talent is bad but the coaching is not the issue I just don't know where you stand can you clarify?

Is our talent on our team, terrible, needs improvement, satisfactory, above average or exceeding? 

Is our coaching on our team terrible, needs improvement, satisfactory, above average or exceeding?

That would definitely help us better understand where the team stands on talent and coaching at least from your perspective.

I said Tim Burke was a bad coach and that they were lacking in a few key areas talent wise. I also said Joe Mack could find players who could play the game. Kyle Walters and his staff need to prove they are as capable as Mack was at finding American players. Notice how the guys getting NFL looks are the ones brought here by the previous GM? If you don't understand I suggest going back and reading things again. It's all laid out pretty straight forward. There is a seperation between the current GM and previous GM and current coaches and previous coaches.