So who should take with the 2nd Can College draft pick?

IC Khari

So by my count,

We still have all of our 7 picks

plus a 4th rounder from Riders on Alex Hall trade

Although we have pending conditional trades with

- Ticats for Brian Brohm

- Argos for Josh Portish

I say pick Demski 2nd overall then pick OLs on the following 2 rounds.

Danny Groulx, Alex Mateas, Jacoby Ruby, Sukh Chung may not be available after 1st round

Dillon Guy, Sean McEwen,  Karl Lavoie may be avaialble on the second.

Way too early to start projecting who will/won't be available. There's a whole list of issues to be addressed.

Its only speculation no harm...

I'd also bet we haven't drafted a d-lineman who has actually played a down for us in that time too.

Ignore the lines and you pay the price.

It's not like we haven't drafted them tho... They have just been too good to trickle down yet..

Take the best O lineman available at #2 who will most likely be in the CFL this year.  It's our biggest need.  Our NI talent isn't at a level where we can take the best player. regardless of the position he plays.

That sounds counter intuitive to me. If we lack talent across the board the sensible thing to do is get the best player out there. I'd make sure someone is going to play in the CFL this year but it doesn't matter what position. We used a canadian in the secondary all year, an upgrade there would be great, we need an upgrade on DL more than we need OL if you ask me, we used a linebacker most of the year, an upgrade there would be great. If there's a star type receiver that would be great, if there's an OL that'd be fantastic too. About the only position you don't need to worry about is RB and qb. 

Good teams are built from the lines out.  If we don't upgrade our O line, it will be more of the same next year.  Our QB will get beat up.  Our RB will need to make yards on his own.  Our receivers will have to run short routes because we won't have time to complete the long ball.  We'll end up hoping that other teams fail so we can sneak into the playoffs. 

I'd like to see us pick up a D lineman but I'm hoping that one of our NFL DL's will be available.

but we used 3 americans on the OL at times this year and it still sucked. If we upgrade another NI position and have the ability to play 3 imports on the OL we can improve it that way. In this day and age you don't have to hold to the antiquated thinking that you must play 5 NIs on the OL. I would suggest that improving the american content of the Ol would do more to make the line better than drafting an OL. Take the best NI in the draft and I don't care what position he plays. 

I'd also bet we haven't drafted a d-lineman who has actually played a down for us in that time too.

It's not like we haven't drafted them tho... They have just been too good to trickle down yet..

The more you have, the greater the chances, we got tired of waiting on Mace and now he's in Calgary.

Not sure it is antiquated thinking. The rational might have been there was or is a greater supply of nip o line and from a longevity issue they can certainly have longer careers resulting in potentially less turnover. All contingent on the ability to draft guys that can actually play or sign FAs.

Take the best O lineman available at #2 who will most likely be in the CFL this year.  It's our biggest need.  Our NI talent isn't at a level where we can take the best player. regardless of the position he plays.

That sounds counter intuitive to me. If we lack talent across the board the sensible thing to do is get the best player out there. I'd make sure someone is going to play in the CFL this year but it doesn't matter what position. We used a canadian in the secondary all year, an upgrade there would be great, we need an upgrade on DL more than we need OL if you ask me, we used a linebacker most of the year, an upgrade there would be great. If there's a star type receiver that would be great, if there's an OL that'd be fantastic too. About the only position you don't need to worry about is RB and qb. 

Good teams are built from the lines out.  If we don't upgrade our O line, it will be more of the same next year.  Our QB will get beat up.  Our RB will need to make yards on his own.  Our receivers will have to run short routes because we won't have time to complete the long ball.  We'll end up hoping that other teams fail so we can sneak into the playoffs. 

I'd like to see us pick up a D lineman but I'm hoping that one of our NFL DL's will be available.

but we used 3 americans on the OL at times this year and it still sucked. If we upgrade another NI position and have the ability to play 3 imports on the OL we can improve it that way. In this day and age you don't have to hold to the antiquated thinking that you must play 5 NIs on the OL. I would suggest that improving the american content of the Ol would do more to make the line better than drafting an OL. Take the best NI in the draft and I don't care what position he plays. 

Quite frankly, we need to upgrade both the NI's and the Imp's on the O line.  We used 3 Americans on the O line and still sucked.  That's hardly a reason not to take our best shot at upgrading the NI O lineman.  

We don't have 3 starting grade NI O lineman now, no way we are finding 5 starting grade NI O linemen this off season.  That being said, it would be a great way to use 5 NI's, if we had them.

I suggest improving the import content across the board is better than looking for 3 starting import O lineman, especially considering how badly our O line was starting 3 of them.

When we get to the point that we have a good starting 7 NI's, then take the best player no matter what.  Until then, we need to fill the spots we NEED to upgrade RFN.  Draft a couple each year.  Dump the ones who don't work out within 3 years.  Rinse and repeat until we have a solid O line with a couple of guys in the pipeline.

Jake Thomas.

That's the only one I can think of too, and a 4th round after-thought too boot, just goes to show how bad it's been.

Quite frankly, we need to upgrade both the NI's and the Imp's on the O line.  We used 3 Americans on the O line and still sucked.  That's hardly a reason not to take our best shot at upgrading the NI O lineman.  

We don't have 3 starting grade NI O lineman now, no way we are finding 5 starting grade NI O linemen this off season.  That being said, it would be a great way to use 5 NI's, if we had them.

I suggest improving the import content across the board is better than looking for 3 starting import O lineman, especially considering how badly our O line was starting 3 of them.

When we get to the point that we have a good starting 7 NI's, then take the best player no matter what.  Until then, we need to fill the spots we NEED to upgrade RFN.  Draft a couple each year.  Dump the ones who don't work out within 3 years.  Rinse and repeat until we have a solid O line with a couple of guys in the pipeline.

And I say take the best NI you can in the draft and find your best 7 NIs where ever you can find them and build the rest of the roster around them. If that means 2 NIs on the OL then so be it. 

Man that CFL draft has been overlooked for so long it's hard not to find an upgrade anywhere, so it really doesn't matter where and whom we draft as long as that particular pick is a valuable starter.

We'll be going over the whole roster soon and evaluating  our NIs (shouldn't take long) but, believe it or not, they made good use of the ones we do have.

We have a plethora of knowledgeable CIS-experienced personnel on staff now, so I feel we'll have a good handle of this draft class.

I'm hoping we get a good starter, preferably a lineman of sorts, but a starter who will make a difference.

With a bit of luck we should have DT Bilukidi in a Bomber uniform next year.

He might have to hit the treadmill first, he looked well over 3 bills the last time I saw him.  He's solidly in the "NFL weight" demographic right now, and unless he commits to a CFL career during the offseason it's unlikely he'd be conditioned enough to pull off a post Labour day walk on.

Mulamba on the other hand should have the aerobic conditioning to do a midseason transition from NFL linebacker to CFL DE.  But then he went and buggered his knee.

IMO our o-line looked better this year with Greaves-Morley-Goossen/Neufeld in the middle than any scenario that had 3 imports... Ideally you get a starting Canadian o-lineman with the 2nd overall pick... but a starting Canadian anywhere is an upgrade for us right now...