So who should take with the 2nd Can College draft pick?

IC Khari

Demski is interesting but this team NEEDS quality OL. 

I don't disagree, we need to draft at least two offensive linemen. But given the track record of early round draft picks + the quantity of strong prospects at that position in this draft class ... nothing says we have to draft one with our first pick. Could look at guys like Sukh Chungh or Jacob Ruby in the second round if we go elsewhere in the first.

So by my count,

We still have all of our 7 picks
plus a 4th rounder from Riders on Alex Hall trade

Although we have pending conditional trades with

- Ticats for Brian Brohm

- Argos for Josh Portish

I say pick Demski 2nd overall then pick OLs on the following 2 rounds.

Danny Groulx, Alex Mateas, Jacoby Ruby, Sukh Chung may not be available after 1st round

Dillon Guy, Sean McEwen,  Karl Lavoie may be avaialble on the second.

To me, who we pick depends on their NFL chances.  We don't have the depth yet to be able to pick the best guy available and taking the chance we don't see them for a few years (if ever).   We clearly need help on the offensive line so that's where I'd be looking 1st.

If Groulx or Boyko get a chance down south, then I wouldn't mind seeing Demski here.

So by my count,

- Ticats for Brian Brohm

- Argos for Josh Portish

Danny Groulx, Alex Mateas, Jacoby Ruby, Sukh Chung may not be available after 1st round

Way too early to start projecting who will/won't be available. There's a whole list of issues to be addressed.

So by my count,

- Ticats for Brian Brohm

- Argos for Josh Portish

DT Brandon Tennant of Laval would be a nice score too.

It could also depend on how we make out in free agency and what positions we might be able to upgrade.

But given that, we must hit a couple of home runs on the o-line this year. If we could just find out who the Stamps like of the o-line guys and just draft them. They seem to have an horseshoe up their ass when it comes picking olinemen.

Demski is interesting but this team NEEDS quality OL. 

This team needs quality Canadians at any position they can get them at. Take the best guy and don't worry about position. 

A shutdown corner meets the ratio requirements just a well as an Olineman.  7 best starters and 14 best backups we can get our hands on.  Replenishing the hoggie pipeline is also a priority.  Looking at our rostered NIs Olinemen, there are not a lot of names that make me think they'll be on the team 3 years down the road.  We need to plant those seeds right away.

OL Danny Groulx

Other than watching some playoffs last year I can't even pretend to have ever seen him play, but based on what info is available on the interwebs to us common folk he does seem like he could be a good fit for this team.

2-3 yrs down the road after their rookie contract is done, the OLs we picked up will just go to free agency and chose to play close to home. I'll say spend the 2nd overall to Demski and pick an OL on the succeeding round.

It happened once.

Take the best O lineman available at #2 who will most likely be in the CFL this year.  It's our biggest need.  Our NI talent isn't at a level where we can take the best player. regardless of the position he plays.

That sounds counter intuitive to me. If we lack talent across the board the sensible thing to do is get the best player out there. I'd make sure someone is going to play in the CFL this year but it doesn't matter what position. We used a canadian in the secondary all year, an upgrade there would be great, we need an upgrade on DL more than we need OL if you ask me, we used a linebacker most of the year, an upgrade there would be great. If there's a star type receiver that would be great, if there's an OL that'd be fantastic too. About the only position you don't need to worry about is RB and qb. 

Take the best O lineman available at #2 who will most likely be in the CFL this year.  It's our biggest need.  Our NI talent isn't at a level where we can take the best player. regardless of the position he plays.

That sounds counter intuitive to me. If we lack talent across the board the sensible thing to do is get the best player out there. I'd make sure someone is going to play in the CFL this year but it doesn't matter what position. We used a canadian in the secondary all year, an upgrade there would be great, we need an upgrade on DL more than we need OL if you ask me, we used a linebacker most of the year, an upgrade there would be great. If there's a star type receiver that would be great, if there's an OL that'd be fantastic too. About the only position you don't need to worry about is RB and qb. 

Good teams are built from the lines out.  If we don't upgrade our O line, it will be more of the same next year.  Our QB will get beat up.  Our RB will need to make yards on his own.  Our receivers will have to run short routes because we won't have time to complete the long ball.  We'll end up hoping that other teams fail so we can sneak into the playoffs. 

I'd like to see us pick up a D lineman but I'm hoping that one of our NFL DL's will be available.