Hamilton @ Toronto Oct. 10

Mr Dee

Battle for 1st coming up in the 2nd of 3 meetings between these two clubs.

Hamilton won the 1st game 13-12, but that game Toronto did not have Chad Owens.

*No team has EVER won its Division and been below .500.

*Hamilton beat BC last week without scoring a TD

This year there has been 5 games won by a team that hadn't scored a TD

Between 2010-13, in 216 games, that didn't happen once.

* Chad Owens: Leads the CFL in BOTH receiving yards (109.0) and receptions per game at 8.7.

* Last three games: The Toronto offence has been at its best over the last three games averaging 35.3 points, 389 net yards, 23 first downs, 121 rushing yards and a 32:34 Time of Possession.

* Ricky Ray eight straight games: Ray has thrown a TD pass in each of the last eight games, two short of his career-long streak of 10 straight games played (in 2013-14 but that was interrupted 3 times due to injury). Only twice in his career has Ray thrown a TD pass in 9 straight games played for his team without missing a game (2003 and 2007).

Under 60 rushing three games in a row: Hamilton has held its last three opponents to under 60 yards rushing – that is the first time Hamilton has done that in a decade

The Ticats have the leading run defence in the CFL.

They will be up against Toronto's duo of Slaton and Curtis Steele.
But the interesting part of Toronto's run strategy is that they don't try to establish the run until R Ray has been 'established'. That is according to Scott Milanovich.

Going for five in a row: The Ticats are on their longest win streak since 1998 – that year was the last time they won as many as five games in a row with a six-game winning run in July and August.

*CFL.ca news

And..** Drew Edwards - The Scratching Post:

**Collaros has been the CFL's most prolific quarterback since returning from injury in time for Labour Day, averaging more than 300 yards passing, while leading his team to a 5-1 record.

** Hamilton remains dead last in Red Zone efficiency.

** Scott Milanovich ignores conventional coaches' non-speak and says his team considers Friday's Tiger-Cat visit a playoff game, and right guard Wayne Smith comes perilously close to calling it a "must win."

** Hamilton's defence has restricted opponents to 232 yards or less each of the past six games.

** Toronto will be without Jalil Carter.

** Kicker Swayze Waters leads the CFL with 33 field goals and his average kick is from 34.4 yards, the longest in the league

**  What the Argonauts like to do on defence: Hang on for dear life. The Argos have given up 357 points this season, the second highest mark in the CFL, and have a league-low 24 take-aways. They do have some success getting to the quarterback, as their 36 sacks ties them for fourth with Hamilton and Montreal (defensive end Tristan Okpalaugo leads the team with nine).

** Toronto starts Canadians: Offensive linemen Tyler Holmes, Jeff Keeping, Wayne Smith and Chris Van Zeyl, receiver Spencer Watt, linebacker Shea Emry, safety Jermaine Gabriel.

** With wind a non-factor, both Medlock and Waters can easily attempt 60-yard field goals. Argos head coach Scott Milanovich, in fact, felt Waters could be called upon to boot a 65-yard field goal.

** On Friday, the Double Blue will once again feature an all-American defensive line.

And the most important part of the game….Olympic Gold medalist curlers Team Jacobs, including Brad Jacobs, Ryan Fry, E.J. Harnden and Ryan Harnden will take part in the coin toss.

So, who's your pick?

My heart says Toronto, and my head agrees.

great stuff, thanks a lot

Team with best defence v. team with worst defence.

I'll take Hamilton.

Even when they were losing, I thought they had the makings of a good team. 

Low scoring, as someone said a while ago, frequently the refs are calling penalties on big plays and scoring plays. 

I think he was right. I guess the quarterback injuries hasn't helped either.

"Hamilton beat BC last week without scoring a TD"  I watched the game, was not bored.

It's back to the fifties in the CFL.

LooIs like the officials were told to crackdown on contacting the kicker penalties after that Riders game. That call on the convert and the one we took seems to indicate that the kicker/punter can hope around on one foot and when nudged by an opposition it's a penalty.