Eskimos @ Ticats

Jacquie

Bowman dropped 4 catchable balls in this game, 2 that could have gone for TD's.

I swear that's the Bowman who was with the Bombers.

Yup, and the Riders before them.  He's is so physically gifted but mentally soft at times.  Looked like he was turning over a new leaf this season.

It's the cyclical nature of the league. Offenses adjusted a while back but now defenses have caught up. Some one is going to adjust on offense again at some point and start the cycle over again. I mean hell you go back 10 years and teams were only just starting to use one db at linebacker, now you have basically 1 standard with 2 common. 

It's the cyclical nature of the league. Offenses adjusted a while back but now defenses have caught up. Some one is going to adjust on offense again at some point and start the cycle over again. I mean hell you go back 10 years and teams were only just starting to use one db at linebacker, now you have basically 1 standard with 2 common.

Bang on.. When d-lines and LBs become huge again, scat backs and stokes/thigpen type players excel.. then it will shift again to smaller front sevens again and bruising RB/FB become all the rage.. The only real constant is you always want big, fast, speedy receivers and big, athletic, smart DBs..

Bowman has to be the most frustrating player in the entire league. I don't care how good he is, I couldn't handle having a player that inconsistent on my team.

This is his curse. Tough to have a guy that could let you down at the most crucial part of the game. Super gifted player however.

Bowman has to be the most frustrating player in the entire league. I don't care how good he is, I couldn't handle having a player that inconsistent on my team.

Which is precisely why he's on his what? 4th team?

This is yet another example (if you needed one) that talent alone isn't enough. Athletes need to have the instinct and the competitive attitude to be at the top of their games.

This is yet another example (if you needed one) that talent alone isn't enough. Athletes need to have the instinct and the competitive attitude to be at the top of their games.

It's not an issue with instinct .. it's the mental part of his game that lacks ..  and he's demonstrated that time and again with every team that he's been a part of ..

There are a lot of great "practice players" who look good until the game is on the line, and then they suddenly seize up or become invisible. I used to play golf with a guy who would smoke me every game until there was a bet on the line, and then his game would fall apart. We've had too few Milt Stegalls around who have the talent plus the killer mindset.

Third I believe. Saskatchewan, Winnipeg and Edmonton.