Max Power's HOT TAKE of the day: Welcome to Morning Big Green

max power

OK so I know, understand, and agree with the idea that fans of all CFL teams are welcome here to talk football.

But that being said and at the risk of going all 17to85, what is with this place being overrun with Rider fans in virtually every thread defending all their players at length (like we really care that much), scolding us about how we should feel about injuries to their precious players (like they can really talk), and then being all condescendingly patronizing (easy to do after beating us 3 times).  Are all the Rider boards too full of all their super awesome smart fans that they're spilling over here?  Why would a Rider fan even want to spend so much time here??? And are they still going to be here when the Riders suck and the Bombers finally sweep them in a season (Lord willing, I'll never stop praying until it happens)?????

Or maybe this is the new reality of being in the West, and we're just getting a taste of what fans in Calgary and Edmonton have to put up with inside the actual stadiums. The green virus is spreading.

So in conclusion, Go Big Green BLUE!

I enjoy the other fans here, it creates more conversation and hopefully more topics to discuss in the future.  Sets up for debate which I am always interested in doing.  As well have you seen forums from other teams besides Saskatchewan and Winnipeg, most of them are dead it's like crickets.  I was looking to see if BC was talking about Glenn and the game coming up and other information and the third topic down was from a month ago.  They just are not nearly as interactive as our fans, or maybe I just haven't found the right places.

So I would bet many of these Sask fans are just looking for more participation in conversation, and let's face it over on RiderFans most of them just make up derogatory names for players not on Saskatchewan and talk about how terrible any player that gets traded away or cut from Saskatchewan and picked up with another team.  Sometimes they also copy and post forum posts from other forums and try to laugh at how silly they think it is.  So maybe these fans just want a more real conversation. 

I say welcome anyone who is a BC fan, Sask fan, Toronto fan, Calgary fan ect because it brings more conversation and in general makes the forums busier with more people to talk too.  It's not like other fans of other teams can not be knowledgeable, and than we don't have to worry about the five here that do most of the participation and it'll feel less like an old mans club.

Posting on other sites is good sometimes to get a different perspective and get away from some Pom Pom waving. The sign of a good site is when you attract fans from other teams to your site. Relax and enjoy the good part of the season Max.

We just lost to the Riders 3 straight times in a span of a month. I would hardly call that the good part of the season!!! It seems like lately the few times we've started off well in a season it all comes crashing down with a couple ridiculous losses to the filthy riders.

And as someone who doesn't visit any other teams' sites, it never occured to me that we might actually be getting the best of the Rider fans here because all the others are insufferable. That's a comforting thought and I'm going to go with it without looking into it further.

Posting on other sites is good sometimes to get a different perspective and get away from some Pom Pom waving. The sign of a good site is when you attract fans from other teams to your site. Relax and enjoy the good part of the season Max.

We just lost to the Riders 3 straight times in a span of a month. I would hardly call that the good part of the season!!! It seems like lately the few times we've started off well in a season it all comes crashing down with a couple ridiculous losses to the filthy riders.

And as someone who doesn't visit any other teams' sites, it never occured to me that we might actually be getting the best of the Rider fans here because all the others are insufferable. That's a comforting thought and I'm going to go with it without looking into it further.

The Bombers have an excellent chance to be in the playoffs. Everything is n their hands with lots of interdivisional play left. Keep the faith and beat the Lions.

We have plenty of Bomber fans over at riderfans. More so than there are Rider fans here. Not unusual.

It's all good. After all, it's just football at the end of the day. I love watching it, talking about it but ultimately there are way more important things in my life.

We have plenty of Bomber fans over at riderfans. More so than there are Rider fans here. Not unusual.

It's all good. After all, it's just football at the end of the day. I love watching it, talking about it but ultimately there are way more important things in my life.

Me too. First and foremost, the health and well-being of Darian Durant.  Secondly, Weston Dressler's panini and donut supply.

As much as it smarted to lose three straight to the Riders, I take comfort that all three games were close enough that it (mostly) erases the shellacking we took last year, and all three could have gone either way. Although there was probably some smugness last year for Rider fans, they games were not entertaining to watch, and this year all the games were. We have resolved two keys problems from the past few years- head-coaching and quarterbacking and we have not been blown out once this year.

I still have concerns about our run defence, O-line and running game, but there is no quick fix unless Billikudi suddenly becomes available and that changes our whole team. Oh yes, and our import receivers are still mediocre but did look a lot better last game. Come to think of it Corey Watson is still not hurt.

i agree. rfans.com has lots of non rider fans on it, and this site should want to aspire to that as well. 

Yeah but Resurrection is a troll over there and doesn't count.

:D

Lol...Resurrection is pretty funny in the game day threads. He repeatedly puts his foot in his mouth.

Aww I have a little follower and fan club member. How cute.