T.O.'s NFL Dream almost Dead

Fatty Liver

didn't they have to cut prices, or give tickets away to the games that the bills played in toronto?

Americans are pretty oblivious to anything going on beyond their border, that includes sports.

People will support what is there's better. Nhl exhibition games were light sellers in wpg and the jets have been well supported.

Mark F, on 09 Sept 2014 - 5:10 PM, said:

didn't they have to cut prices, or give tickets away to the games that the bills played in toronto?

Americans are pretty oblivious to anything going on beyond their border, that includes sports.

Americans DO NOT want the NFL going beyond their border, just like I would say most Canadians do not want an American expansion to the US ever again.  Trust me, I've seen it all over NFL forums and they are not for the games in Toronto at all.  They are even angrier about games being played in London and they all want Goodell out for even thinking of such a thing as putting a team there.

The good news is that If the Bills stay in Buffalo, Toronto will never get an NFL team as they are considered part of the Bills territory.

Yep. Roger's plan to use that to their advantage has blown up in their face. Buffalo will block any and all efforts by Toronto to get a franchise.

The Bills in Toronto story is dead, but the NFL Dream in Toronto isn't going to die. Anytime that there is expansion talk or if another NFL team goes up for bids with relocation in mind, Rogers and Tanenbaum won't be too far behind.

Clippers selling for 2 Billion. The Bills over 1 billion. Can you imagine what a marquee sports team would sell for now a days. Wonder what an expansion fee in the NFL would be.

I know the NFL Toronto rumours won't die but I can't see it happening. They would need a new stadium and the Bills in Toronto experiment was not a success.

The Thrashers were reportedly sold for 110 million plus a 60 million relocation fee to the NHL. The team is now estimated to be worth 340 million.

Pretty soon it is only going to be corporations and conglomerates who can afford sports franchises.