2 Games ;2 Losses; 0 Holding Calls on Riders

What drives me crazy the most is the rider fans try and then say "oh well theres no holding called on the bombers on X" and almost gaurenteed if you look back at the PVR replay there was no holding whatsoever.

Bad reffing is one thing, but, our team also threw away plenty of chances to win.

We should have won the 1st game but Drew threw it away.

LDC was a coin toss, and O'Shea made a very poor coaching decision 

We had a glorious chance in the Banjo Bowl and Willy again threw it away.  

Drew is "young" I guess, at 28, but these kinds of bone headed throws are the sort of thing he was supposed to help us avoid. Really concerning me that he basically threw away 2 games on terrible picks.

What drives me crazy the most is the rider fans try and then say "oh well theres no holding called on the bombers on X" and almost gaurenteed if you look back at the PVR replay there was no holding whatsoever.

Bad reffing is one thing, but, our team also threw away plenty of chances to win.

Drew is "young" I guess, at 28, but these kinds of bone headed throws are the sort of thing he was supposed to help us avoid. Really concerning me that he basically threw away 2 games on terrible picks.

I will agree, those 2 throws are back breakers BUT we shouldnt even be in those positions to have to force those throws... Also, the guy whos making those ints is the same cool customer who has orchastrated 2 (or 3?) Unreal last minute combacks.. Good with bad..

I will agree, those 2 throws are back breakers BUT we shouldnt even be in those positions to have to force those throws... Also, the guy whos making those ints is the same cool customer who has orchastrated 2 (or 3?) Unreal last minute combacks.. Good with bad..

Unreal comebacks against the East. The interceptions are completely unacceptable. A #1 QB gets you those comeback wins while also not throwing games away. It's what makes qb's great. Frankly the lustre we saw on Drew is coming off mighty fast.

Unreal comebacks against the East. The interceptions are completely unacceptable. A #1 QB gets you those comeback wins while also not throwing games away. It's what makes qb's great. Frankly the lustre we saw on Drew is coming off mighty fast.

Do you realize Willy is essentially a rookie? He's still learning but has all the tools, both mental and physical, that you'd want in your starting QB.

Do you realize Willy is essentially a rookie? He's still learning but has all the tools, both mental and physical, that you'd want in your starting QB.

He can be a rookie until the cows come home but he's had years learning behind Durant and is 28. And bad decision making isn't something you can necessarily fix overnight. If Willy indeed does have bad decision making and can be made to panic in the pocket we're in for a very very long rebuild.

He can be a rookie until the cows come home but he's had years learning behind Durant and is 28. And bad decision making isn't something you can necessarily fix overnight. If Willy indeed does have bad decision making and can be made to panic in the pocket we're in for a very very long rebuild.

Really, there is no reason whatsoever to be aiming your headlights on Willy.

Your angst is dearly misplaced.

1st year starter and you cannot see the issues with playing at this level.

That's on you.

He was a backup for 2 years in Sask. Would you prefer we bring back Goltz? We are fortunate to have Willy and I'm confident he'll bring us to a Grey Cup win during his tenure with the Bombers.

Really, there is no reason whatsoever to be aiming your headlights on Willy.

Your angst is dearly misplaced.

1st year starter and you cannot see the issues with playing at this level.

That's on you.

A player doesn't learn standing on the sidelines. Only playing making mistakes & learning from them is how Willy will learn.

Willy has all the tools but not the experience as a starter- he is the least of the problems we have. Surprisingly, Romby Bryant and Aaron Kelly both earned their paycheques today but Sask has a darned good offense and defence, and the Bombers could not consistently stop the run. The loss came because because of two plays: the TD kick return Willy floating that pass right into the arms of the defender.

Willy has all the tools but not the experience as a starter- he is the least of the problems we have. Surprisingly, Romby Bryant and Aaron Kelly both earned their paycheques today but Sask has a darned good offense and defence, and the Bombers could not consistently stop the run. The loss came because because of two plays: the TD kick return Willy floating that pass right into the arms of the defender.

And the blocked FG that was returned for a TD.

I'd say the loss came from the blocked fg for a TD and the hold on the kick return that let dressler waltz right by the defender..

Plus romby not fighting for that last INT didn't help us much.. I kind of think willy might be playing hurt or dinged up.... That last toss (and a couple others) looked pretty soft and not as hard or on the money as usual..

I also think that refs have coaches players and teams that they dislike personally, and that it comes out in the way they run a game.

If a coach/team sends in videos of a ref screwing up, that ref is going to be  in a good position to cause that team some grief next game he works on with that team isn't he?

Don't tell me referees are superhuman and wouldn't do that.

I'd say the loss came from the blocked fg for a TD and the hold on the kick return that let dressler waltz right by the defender..

IF you tackle the guy before he's already returned the ball to midfield the holding never has a chance to happen... When you let a returner get to the point where there's only one guy with a chance of stopping him you've failed in your coverage a long time before.