2 Games ;2 Losses; 0 Holding Calls on Riders

If people stop saying stupid **** I'll stop telling them they're saying stupid **** it's as simple as that.

This statement is probably the worst statement out of the entire thread; it really proves what kind of person you are.  I'll repeat just because someone disagree's with your opinion, remember it is an opinion in the end and there is no such thing as a wrong or right opinion, doesn't mean it is as you would call it, stupid.

Speaking of stupid ****..... That's the single biggest problem with the world today, people actually believe that nonsense. Just because you have an opinion means it can't be wrong? **** right off, there are lots of wrong opinions out there. Everyone is entitled to their opinions that much is true, but that doesn't make every opinion valid and I am entitled to tell people when their opinions are wrong. 

but if you paid attention to anything I wrote you'd know that I never said the refs were good... just that blaming them for losses is a ridiculous fallacy. So any time you want feel free to join me here in the real world rather than the one that exists only in your head. 

Speaking of fallacies, I never blamed the refs I simply stated the obvious. But hey, don't let the facts  get in the way of your desire to argue ANY point.

so then why are you arguing with me about the refs?

but if you paid attention to anything I wrote you'd know that I never said the refs were good... just that blaming them for losses is a ridiculous fallacy. So any time you want feel free to join me here in the real world rather than the one that exists only in your head. 

Speaking of fallacies, I never blamed the refs I simply stated the obvious. But hey, don't let the facts  get in the way of your desire to argue ANY point.

Nope, not playing role reversal. I stated the officiating in the league this year has been abysmal. You took it from there, bud. Besides I am entitled to tell people when their opinions are wrong. 

Nope, not playing role reversal. I stated the officiating in the league this year has been abysmal. You took it from there, bud. Besides I am entitled to tell people when their opinions are wrong. 

The officiating seems to be worse with Johnson as the head of officiating. One thing they are doing that I hate is rotating officials so their are no consistent crews. This leads to a lot more inconsistent calls as speaking from experience officiating with the same guys allows you to get a chemistry.

If people stop saying stupid **** I'll stop telling them they're saying stupid **** it's as simple as that.

This statement is probably the worst statement out of the entire thread; it really proves what kind of person you are.  I'll repeat just because someone disagree's with your opinion, remember it is an opinion in the end and there is no such thing as a wrong or right opinion, doesn't mean it is as you would call it, stupid.

Speaking of stupid ****..... That's the single biggest problem with the world today, people actually believe that nonsense. Just because you have an opinion means it can't be wrong? **** right off, there are lots of wrong opinions out there. Everyone is entitled to their opinions that much is true, but that doesn't make every opinion valid and I am entitled to tell people when their opinions are wrong. 

That's generally true... but we're talking about sports. There's lots of room in sports for dissenting valid opinions. If you can't agree with that then you're going to be pretty miserable on a message board like this.

FTR the Riders have been called for holding more then any other team in the CFL this season. Also, when employing a running game an offensive line is much less likely to hold. Most holding occurs in pass protection. Holding can literally be called on every play and when I watch Chick in isolation against any team he plays he is constantly being held.

Interesting - so they are #1 in holding in the league, then play two games (one I can see) in a row and don't get called for holding once. Put your green suit away for minute, or switch that over to the bombers. What would your comment be then? Anderson was tackled in Labour Day on his way to Durant (no call and Durant ended up with a 13 yard run to extend the game winning drive) and Pointbriand practically had his jersey ripped off off on Dressler's return for a TD in the open field, at the point of attack. If you called Glenn Johnson right now he'd admit the officials blew that one. Not saying we lost because of it - the Riders are still a better team right now, that's a fact. But as a CFL fan you should be concerned, because I'd love to hear your comments when Calgary beats you the same way and get away with holding called. If that happens, you come back to these series of games and keep your comments to yourself. 

FTR the Riders have been called for holding more then any other team in the CFL this season. Also, when employing a running game an offensive line is much less likely to hold. Most holding occurs in pass protection. Holding can literally be called on every play and when I watch Chick in isolation against any team he plays he is constantly being held.

Interesting - so they are #1 in holding in the league, then play two games (one I can see) in a row and don't get called for holding once. Put your green suit away for minute, or switch that over to the bombers. What would your comment be then? Anderson was tackled in Labour Day on his way to Durant (no call and Durant ended up with a 13 yard run to extend the game winning drive) and Pointbriand practically had his jersey ripped off off on Dressler's return for a TD in the open field, at the point of attack. If you called Glenn Johnson right now he'd admit the officials blew that one. Not saying we lost because of it - the Riders are still a better team right now, that's a fact. But as a CFL fan you should be concerned, because I'd love to hear your comments when Calgary beats you the same way and get away with holding called. If that happens, you come back to these series of games and keep your comments to yourself.

Calls are missed every game. Going on and on about it does no good. If you think there is an agenda out there come out and say it. The point is I'm not going to whine and complain on here about missed calls because it tends to balance out. If you want to complain then fill your boots.

Calls are missed every game. Going on and on about it does no good. If you think there is an agenda out there come out and say it. The point is I'm not going to whine and complain on here about missed calls because it tends to balance out. If you want to complain then fill your boots.

What? The only reason your not going to whine and complain is because it is your team that didn't have any holding calls made...and there were several!

Probably will happen, but it's not a competence thing, they want Calgary to win right now just like they wanted the Riders to beat us.

Really, so what's your definition of holding as it applies to the rule book and give specific examples of more holding calls on passing plays than running plays.

Really, so what's your definition of holding as it applies to the rule book and give specific examples of more holding calls on passing plays than running plays.
What don't you enlighten me? You seem to know it all. Offensive line guru are you?

Typically, holding is more likely to be called if the OLineman turns the defensive player. Holding on running plays is less likely because the blockers are stepping forward to initiate contact instead of with pass protection where they are typically stepping backward and responding to where the defenders are coming from. Also, in pass protection depending on the scheme they may have to maintain their blocks much longer.

Anyway, to shoot holes in all the conspiracy theories the Riders have been called for holding more then any other team.

What don't you enlighten me? You seem to know it all. Offensive line guru are you?

Typically, holding is more likely to be called if the OLineman turns the defensive player. Holding on running plays is less likely because the blockers are stepping forward to initiate contact instead of with pass protection where they are typically stepping backward and responding to where the defenders are coming from. Also, in pass protection depending on the scheme they may have to maintain their blocks much longer.

Anyway, to shoot holes in all the conspiracy theories the Riders have been called for holding more then any other team.

And that would be because they hold more than any other team.

My theory is it is from all the frickin whining that is going on!

A theory. Facts are hard things.

A theory. Facts are hard things.

Facts are if they are called more then any other team why would they inexplicably stop calling penalties against them? If anything the Rider o-line would be under more scrutiny based on their previous record. But whatever. Keep making excuses.

Hold on there bad ball Louie, it is exactly that reason (that they lead in holding but none was called in two games) that raises more questions, not less.

It is curious, especially when a rather serious injury to Ian Wild is a result of such an infraction.(not called)

Like conspiracies do you? If it's all you got stick with it.

Hold on there bad ball Louie, it is exactly that reason (that they lead in holding but none was called in two games) that raises more questions, not less.

It is curious, especially when a rather serious injury to Ian Wild is a result of such an infraction.(not called)

Much better than anything you have proposed that's for sure!

Are holding calls differentiated between offensive holding and special teams holding? Between receivers holding and OL holding? Cause then we're onto some good statistical analysis. 

Facts are tough for some people to deal with. Fact is the Riders have been called for holding more then any other team in the CFL. So are you suggesting that the refs ignored holding by the Riders, who they have called more then any other team, simply because they were playing the Bombers? My God! What a conspiracy! Outrageous that the Riders have everybody in their pocket!

Lol

Are holding calls differentiated between offensive holding and special teams holding? Between receivers holding and OL holding? Cause then we're onto some good statistical analysis.

That's a good question. I know that Chris Best took a tonne of holding calls and he has been out for the last two games.

Facts are tough for some people to deal with. Fact is the Riders have been called for holding more then any other team in the CFL. So are you suggesting that the refs ignored holding by the Riders, who they have called more then any other team, simply because they were playing the Bombers? My God! What a conspiracy! Outrageous that the Riders have everybody in their pocket!

Lol

Fact is you're not that funny. 2nd fact that you don't get is that they get called for holding more because they hold more. 3rd thing you don't get it that because of the officiating crew that was calling the game or rather not calling the game, miraculously the riders just stopped holding altogether. Why don't you just give your useless Rider arguments a rest for awhile. Are you really trying to hit 1000 posts in a month?

No, I'm not into conspiracies at all, unless it involves a movie, then I'm interested.

It's is a curious fact and that is all.

Penalties called or not called are very irritating but all officials have a very tough job and will never be absolved no matter which way the call is made.

It still doesn't change the fact that a team, that gets called for holds more than anybody,  as per your information, suddenly has no holding calls.

And that's all I said.

Lol

Fact is you're not that funny. 2nd fact that you don't get is that they get called for holding more because they hold more. 3rd thing you don't get it that because of the officiating crew that was calling the game or rather not calling the game, miraculously the riders just stopped holding altogether. Why don't you just give your useless Rider arguments a rest for awhile. Are you really trying to hit 1000 posts in a month?

Relax. It's just a game and the officials call it how they see it. Every team holds and, more often then not, doesn't get called for it. Whining about officiating is about as lame as it gets.

1000 posts? Maybe.

;)