Ticats trade Steve Myddleton to Esks

gbill2004

I think it's amusing how up in arms people get when they see a team acquire a NI o-lineman and wonder how/why we weren't involved without really knowing the quality of said player in question. I understand to a small extent given how our line has performed in some games this year, but it's still amusing none the less.

Plus Edmonton traded a 4th rounder and a conditional pick for him.  It's not like they picked him up off the street or for a 7th rounder.

Isn't good enough to start? Because we as a GM of any team:

1) don't want to upgrade our National talent base especially on the o line

2) want to continue to play 3 Internationals on the o line, that are at the best average

3) want to continue to give up 4 sacks a game?

4) want to continue to put a true up and coming QB at risk to a significant injury?

The name is Myddleton...not Hutchinson.

I think it's amusing how up in arms people get when they see a team acquire a NI o-lineman and wonder how/why we weren't involved without really knowing the quality of said player in question. I understand to a small extent given how our line has performed in some games this year, but it's still amusing none the less.

I think that's what it is more or less, not really about Myddleton at all, more so that he's a National Olinemen, which is something this team is lacking now due to injuries.

It's not like Swiston and Hinse are established as players

Neither is Myddleton.  He's failed in every opportunity he's had to win a more permanent spot with 3 teams, 2 of those teams being extremely desperate for offensive line help at the time he was with them yet they were willing to let him go.  If anything he's established that he isn't good enough to play in the CFL.  Lucky for him there are 9 teams now.

I'm sure Steve Myddelton would be humbled that a 30 (now 31) post thread was made about him. That's about the most significant he has ever been talked about outside of the correct spelling of his name.

4th team in the last year.

This thread is both a little funny and a little sad.

It's not like Swiston and Hinse are established as players

How bad are Hinse and Swiston if they can't even get a temporary starting roles due to all the injuries ?

So the idea is what?  To upgrade our C & C- Olinemen by bringing in a D?  And give up picks for him?  Better picks?  We needed to outbid Edmonton for this player?

Here's a challenge for you - rather than saying something bad about the guys we have, try saying something good about Myddleton.  Other than his name is easy to remember.  Which is likely the only reason this thread exists.

2) want to continue to play 3 Internationals on the o line, that are at the best average

4) want to continue to put a true up and coming QB at risk to a significant injury?

1) does the coaches sees Myddleton an upgrade over Greaves and Neufeld?

2) we only played 3 import becuase of injury

3) adding Myddleton, will kept the sacks away ?

4) not the Bombers intention but injuries slowed the chemistry of their OL, when did we field the same OL in consecutive weeks?

Myddleton could be a help with this team but will you trade away 2 draft picks for him?

Myddleton could chose to retire after the season then you lose more.

I've got to mail away for one of those doctorates.  A couple of bottle tops should get me that and a snazzy pair of x-ray glasses.  The ladies will never know!!!

They're actually called "x-ray gogs" and I have a pair.  You have to get really wasted to see through women's clothing though.

I would think giving up 3-4 sacks per game is about the CFL team average now.  Rarely is a team able to protect their QB for an entire game, just doesn't happen anymore.

My post is about Swiston not Myddleton, because I know nothing about him other than he's a National OL.

I seem to recall hearing Walters talk about Swiston last year. He basically said that Swiston has battled with injuries since college, and has never had a full off season to train proprely, it's always been cut short by rehab, which is part of the reason he keeps getting hurt.

I believe that they are keeping him for insurance this year, and will give him a full off season to train proprely, and if he's not good enough, then he'll be cut.

Just my theory...

I've never wanted Myddleton.... The guy just flat out isn't very good. If we want improvements on the OLine, we're either going to have to give up A LOT in trade, or just be patient... I guess we could always hope for a Brendon LaBatte scenario to unfold and hope we're on the winning end of the bidding war.

Would have been nice if the Bombers signed him during the off season, oh well. I'm actually a bit surprised by this move, Edmonton's Oline is nowhere near as bad as last season's, unless there was an injury or the Eskies were looking for more depth it's puzzling.

Probably because of their record and a chance to go deep into the playoffs.