Game Day Thread- Bombers vs Riders LDC

Nolby

We're lucky Messam has an injury, with our current roster we would have very little chance at stopping him...

lets see if we can manage to stop Mr. Allen who's a more balanced back, but still fairly powerful nonetheless

Messam is playing today. I was at Riders practice yesterday and I expect him to have a big role today.

Bit of a strange move inserting Messam over Allen. I hope it backfires on them.

To clarify a bit.  McHenry is out for the season so Messam is dressing as a full back.  Both Allen and Ford are expected to see touches at the Tailback position.  All three are dressing.

Ok got yea. Messam not that great of a blocker, need to expose that.

The reality is Messam won't likely line up at fullback all that often anyways.  Despite his size his blocking is surprisingly poor.  Sheets was a way better blocker for sure.

Ten years. 

yikes.

Sadly it's still not as bad as the winless streak in Calgary which stretches all the way back to 2002. 

The culture of losing has to change. These streaks are ridiculous & embarrassing. Coaches & players have to have a some pride to say Enough is enough. Not good enough to go to Mosaic & McMahon Stadiums, lose by 3 & be satisfied with a close loss... Or especially a 52-0 shellacking like 2 yrs ago this weekend anymore. It's time to start winning. Nothing less. 

I expect Messam to be used to either run or threaten to run which will hold our linebackers close to the line. That will allow Sask's hot routes against our linebackers which are now suspect with Kuale. Our D-line has to clog up the middle and allow the linebackers to drop back- that will force Durant to try to go long, and if his hand is not 100%, the advantage will be ours. I don't see our blitzing being effective.

On offense, we have to neutralize Chick (big surprise there) and being as how we can't run worth poop, Grigsby will have to earn his keep as a receiver and we might have to use the six-pack receiver set. If the running game actually works, it would be a tremendous advantage with Grigsby optioning out as a possible receiver. Grigsby has to block better than he has. If Moore is healthy enough to stretch the defence, it will open things up for Denmark, Kohlert et al.

Our kicking and return game is better than Sask's and if that provides a 6 point return, that may be the difference.

I don't think Sask overall is as strong as last year, and we are a heck of a lot better. If can beat them today, we ought to have a good chance of beating them in the Banjo Bowl as well.

I On offense, we have to neutralize Chick (big surprise there) and being as how we can't run worth poop, Grigsby will have to earn his keep as a receiver and we might have to use the six-pack receiver set. If the running game actually works, it would be a tremendous advantage with Grigsby optioning out as a possible receiver. Grigsby has to block better than he has. If Moore is healthy enough to stretch the defence, it will open things up for Denmark, Kohlert et al.

The run game will need to at least be somewhat of a threat.  Otherwise Chick and Co. will absolutely kill the OL in pass protection.

Ten years. 

yikes.

Sadly it's still not as bad as the winless streak in Calgary which stretches all the way back to 2002. 

wow. did not realize that either.  

I did. Largely because I've lived in Calgary since 2003, and have gone to every regular season game we've played here, and have yet to see us win. Really hope we break both trends this year.... Willy seems like the guy to do it.

Ten years. 

yikes.

I did. Largely because I've lived in Calgary since 2003, and have gone to every regular season game we've played here, and have yet to see us win. Really hope we break both trends this year.... Willy seems like the guy to do it.

Since 2005 here and not only do they never win, they rarely ever play well. Usually it's a dirty beating. 

We're lucky Messam has an injury, with our current roster we would have very little chance at stopping him...

lets see if we can manage to stop Mr. Allen who's a more balanced back, but still fairly powerful nonetheless

Messam is playing today. I was at Riders practice yesterday and I expect him to have a big role today.

Bit of a strange move inserting Messam over Allen. I hope it backfires on them.

To clarify a bit.  McHenry is out for the season so Messam is dressing as a full back.  Both Allen and Ford are expected to see touches at the Tailback position.  All three are dressing.

Ok got yea. Messam not that great of a blocker, need to expose that.

Did you guys watch the last game against the Riders?  The last thing Messam has to worry about is pass blocking.  With the 3 headed monster Sask. has for a running game and Durant with a possibly damaged paw, I'm pretty sure the RR are going to try to run the ball down Etch's throat and pound it out his *** hole.

Wow, Sask rushing on 47% of touches this year...  that being said, I think Cortez goes for a lot of big passing plays today.  Either way, big test for Etch D

Feeling pretty good about our OL against Sask - I don't think Chick will exploit the stunts against Jones like he did against Goossen

Need playaction and run success early - Bellefuile and Grigsby need to have gamebreaking days.

Calling it - Stoudermire finally takes one to the house today...

Ten years. 

yikes.

Since 2005 here and not only do they never win, they rarely ever play well. Usually it's a dirty beating. 

Heck, I even manage to import my bad luck whenever I return to Winnipeg, saw a game with my dad years ago where we lost to Hamilton (this was when we had Stefan LeFors at pivot), and then witnessed the 55-10 drubbing at the '09 Banjo Bowl... at least I've got a 3 game Canucks over Flames at the Dome streak going, but it'd be nice to see the Bombers actually win a game I attend sometime before the end of the world.

Ten years. 

yikes.

The culture of losing has to change. These streaks are ridiculous & embarrassing. Coaches & players have to have a some pride to say Enough is enough. Not good enough to go to Mosaic & McMahon Stadiums, lose by 3 & be satisfied with a close loss... Or especially a 52-0 shellacking like 2 yrs ago this weekend anymore. It's time to start winning. Nothing less. 

According to O'Shea's philosophy the Bombers are on a one game winning streak, not a 10 year losing streak.  There should be no carry over if his players "buy in".

Ten years. 

yikes.

According to O'Shea's philosophy the Bombers are on a one game winning streak, not a 10 year losing streak.  There should be no carry over if his players "buy in".

According to O'Sheas philosophy they're 0-0 going into the game. That win last week is ancient history and all that matters is winning today so they can be 1-0 until they get back to practise when it'll flip back to 0-0

Riders are on a win streak, Durant is 5-0 against Blue in LDC's, just signed Dressler, and Rider nation, is primed for yet another LD blowout......

Beat these guys today....and put the corkscrews on their team (to say nothing of the fans)...going into next week....

Durant is supposed to not be 100%, and even when he was, he barely squeaked out a win because the Bombers gave the game away with all the turnovers. Frommy understanding,NFL camps are real grinders, and maybe that plus a long flight might make Dressler less effective than he was. I hope.