NFL update on players potentially of Bomber interest

Mr. Perfect

Week 4 of the NFL preseason is seen as the time for bubble players to leave one final lasting impact on their teams. With that, here are how players did that may be of interest to the Blue and Gold:

Henoc Muamba - 1 tackle

Philip Hunt - 1 tackle

Christo Bilduki - 2.5 tackles

Andy Mulumba - 1 tackle - Had a roughing the passer penalty which wiped out a Green Bay interception.

I'm most intrigued by Muamba. He had an outstanding game in week one and got a lot of playing time because of injury trouble for the Colts. Aside from that however he really didn't do a whole lot in the next three games.

Mulumba on the other hand is competing with a fourth round pick, and two undrafted rookies for his spot. The fourth round pick is unlikely to be cut, and one of those undrafted rookies has 5 sacks in 3 games played, and the other had a sack tonight and also went to school at Alabama. There were a couple of injuries however at the position, so that wil; be the X-Factor in Mulumba's future I believe.

I'm most intrigued by Muamba. He had an outstanding game in week one and got a lot of playing time because of injury trouble for the Colts. Aside from that however he really didn't do a whole lot in the next three games.

Mulumba on the other hand is competing with a fourth round pick, and two undrafted rookies for his spot. The fourth round pick is unlikely to be cut, and one of those undrafted rookies has 5 sacks in 3 games played, and the other had a sack tonight and also went to school at Alabama. There were a couple of injuries however at the position, so that wil; be the X-Factor in Mulumba's future I believe.

Henoc also forced a fumble and played another solid game last week. He's a virtual lock to make the Colts IMO.

Even if Mulumba or Bilukidi were cut, I would not expect them to be here this year. I think they will wait around longer for another team to call in case of injuries.

These guys have game experience, which could help a team out if injuries began to pile up. If no one calls, they will be here next year.

Getting everyone not named Henoc would be amazing. Although, I wonder if O'Shea would even be interested if Phillip Hunt returns to the CFL.

I would think that if it was Hunt, O'Shea would be interested.. He's more of a complete End, and probably has a better attitude when it comes to "buy in". I think the whole reason O'Shea doesn't want Hall is because of how Hall was acting in the previous regime.

pro football focus 

"depth team of the preseason" includes

"Linebackers: Henoc Muamba, IND (+5.7) and Jason Trusnik, MIA (+5.6)

Former CFL star Muamba has shown a knack for making plays, proving very able at generating pressure which is a handy skill to have. He might be a project worth putting some serious work into.

As for Bilukidi, I'd say he is 50/50 to make the Bengals. Variables that favour him, variables that don't.

Mulumba probably doesn't make it because they drafted Bradford, added Peppers, and he hasn't exactly played outstanding. I'd expect someone to pick him up though.

Sam could be an intriguing player up here, Montreal has his neg rights though, which IMO isn't surprising at all (Popp seems to like players that are big names in the media).

Really hoping that Matthews finds his way back here..